Should we not use the same tricks the tarriers use?

Tomatasauce

Don’t agree that it corrupts competition. Mulumbu gad a good season last year and not been strong enough to dislodge a 1 legged brown. Bringing that Christie into it,we’ll he isn’t exactly brilliant is he?  They loaned that Scott Allan out to hibs and he did nothing,  yeah scored against us in the 5-5 game but when we defend the way we do at times we make it easy for opposing players.

i think the rule of not being able to play your parent club is good. Imagine mulumbu missing an open net against them in a final or league decider.  The uproar would be incredible 

33 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Shite for our youths like hardie who won't get a chance at us and would then be denied the chance to prove themselves in our league too 

There's a big, old English League out there. And a lots of big, old European ones. 

Clarke has his players overperforming.  Mulumbu looked like one of the best midfielders in the country last season but a shadow of that player when he moved away.  The same will probably be true of Greg Stewart.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jones came here and looked very average also.  

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

So instead of sending Pena and Herrera back home where teams will contribution to their massive wages, you'd send them to teams in our league who wont? Madness.

Tbh it wouldn’t suprise me in the slightest if they were paying a fraction of their wages same as any other team would, (nobody knows) infact a Scottish team probs be more likely to take a chance on pena than a Mexican club now, after 2 failed loans, his record was better in Scotland than his 2 loans in mexico

If we can beat their first team then we should be able to beat a diddy team with a few Tim rejects in tow.

Admittedly the whole loan system has spiralled out of control now. If you look at all the moves during the Jan. window, the vast majority were loans. Maybe it's time the authorities tightened up the rules around it.

35 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Tbh it wouldn’t suprise me in the slightest if they were paying a fraction of their wages same as any other team would, (nobody knows) infact a Scottish team probs be more likely to take a chance on pena than a Mexican club now after 2 failed loans, his record was better in Scotland than his 2 loans in mexico

😃

20 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

We don't play there though , I want our players going and proving they can play in the spl , loan spells  in league 1 , 2 in England don't do that 

Yeah they do. League 1 is, other than the tims, of a better standard than than the SPL. Much of League 2 probably is too. If you can play there you can play here. Although neither necesserily proves you can play for us, but that's another matter.

Besides, whether it suits us is neither here nor there. It's quite obviously not consistent with fair competition. Lots of things might be good for us or whoever else, but the point is that a competition has to have a certain amount of integrity to be worthwhile. Beefing teams up when then they play everyone else but weakening them when they play the top team is obviously against that principle.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

If we can beat their first team then we should be able to beat a diddy team with a few Tim rejects in tow.

Admittedly the whole loan system has spiralled out of control now. If you look at all the moves during the Jan. window, the vast majority were loans. Maybe it's time the authorities tightened up the rules around it.

There is talk of teams being allowed a maximum amount of 6 players out on loan which sounds a lot but when teams like Chelsea have 40 players on loan you see there is a problem

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yeah they do. League 1 is, other than the tims, of a better standard than than the SPL. Much of League 2 probably is too. If you can play there you can play here. Although neither necesserily proves you can play for us, but that's another matter.

I disagree i would still like our guys proving they can cut it in our league instead of elsewhere , then obv tackle the problem of playing for us in the spl,  I kind of agree with your point though tbh and the tarriers are using the system too their advantage and it is probably unfair 

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Clarke has his players overperforming.  Mulumbu looked like one of the best midfielders in the country last season but a shadow of that player when he moved away.  The same will probably be true of Greg Stewart. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones came here and looked very average also.

Ether would I mate because that’s exactly what he is. He’s not going to come here and turn into Neil McCann