Mark Warburton on Open Goal

BlueSuedeSambas

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Aye well done Mark, forget the countless humiliations, you signed our back up left back and reserve goalie 😃

He also signed the only players we have been able to sell considering the market he was shopping in it would be fair to term his time in charge a success looking back.

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

He also signed the only players we have been able to sell considering the market he was shopping in it would be fair to term his time in charge a success looking back.

When you actually think about the players we brought in and the money spent in the first season, he did an incredible job.

Getting a bunch of kids to win the league against a settled Hibs side & cope with pressure of playing at Ibrox was impressive. 

But he monumentally fucked up the signings once McParland came in. I get his point on the taigs having a record breaking season and he was unfortunate in that regard, but we went backwards that year when we should’ve went forward. 

Would he have done better than Pedro with that money, absolutely. Would we be miles ahead of where we are now? Not so sure

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Aye well done Mark, forget the countless humiliations, you signed our back up left back and reserve goalie 😃

What humiliations, like losing at home to aberdeen, losing a cup semi to aberdeen, only beating killie once in 4 attempts, losing away to livi

You mean they humiliations

26 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Losing 5-1 to celtic and 4-1 to Hearts is far far worse than anything Gerrard has done wrong

Ive seen much better Rangers teams lose by 4 goals at parkhead, wee dick twice done it, 

Given budgets, gerrard shouldnt be dropping as many points so far as he has done, with some ahocking results thrown in, but for some reason people can't see past our current managers name

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ive seen much better Rangers teams lose by 4 goals at parkhead, wee dick twice done it, 

Given budgets, gerrard shouldnt be dropping as many points so far as he has done, with some ahocking results thrown in, but for some reason people can't see past our current managers name

What shocking results? We haven't been beaten by more than a single goal and drew silly games where we've either conceded last minute goals or failed to break down 11 men behind the ball, it's hardly shocking as you put it. 

You're having a nightmare on here atm. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What shocking results? We haven't been beaten by more than a single goal and drew silly games where we've either conceded last minute goals or failed to break down 11 men behind the ball, it's hardly shocking as you put it. 

Losing away to livi isnt shocking? Drawing at home with st johnstone who were closer to scoring isnt shocking, beating killie once in 4 attempts isnt shocking 

Your defending of gerrard is strong i get that, but blind faith wont change the fact he's had a bigger budget than any manager since admin and we are one loss away from our season being over before March, this is the worst tarrier team since deila and we are 8 points behind them, 

I hope he succeeds, i dont want him sacked, but i wont turn a blind eye to his failings

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Losing away to livi isnt shocking? Drawing at home with st johnstone who were closer to scoring isnt shocking, beating killie once in 4 attempts isnt shocking 

Your defending of gerrard is strong i get that, but blind faith wont change the fact he's had a bigger budget than any manager since admin and we are one loss away from our season being over before March, this is the worst tarrier team since deila and we are 8 points behind them, 

I hope he succeeds, i dont want him sacked, but i wont turn a blind eye to his failings

Nobody's turning a blind eye to anything, well apart from those who fail to see the improvements we've made under him. 

Just because I'm not absolutely seething with rage that we might not win the league in his first season doesn't mean I'm happy with it, there's never any middle ground on here. 

End of December we were going to do this and that, we've dropped stupid points and now it's a fucking disaster he's worse than two clowns who made us a genuine laughing stock and we need to start from scratch all over again. 

Yawn. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nobody's turning a blind eye to anything, well apart from those who fail to see the improvements we've made under him. 

Just because I'm not absolutely seething with rage that we might not win the league in his first season doesn't mean I'm happy with it, there's never any middle ground on here. 

End of December we were going to do this and that, we've dropped stupid points and now it's a fucking disaster he's worse than two clowns who made us a genuine laughing stock and we need to start from scratch all over again. 

Yawn. 

Who said start from scratch, yes we have made improvements, id fucking hope so given he's spent 6million on our defence (yet relies on a loan signing and a warburton signing to play in his defence) 

Spent a good chunk of wages on the rest of the squad as well, wages no other manager has had since admin

29 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

To say we’ve not had a shocking result under Gerrard is absolutely ridiculous 

Warburton resigned; walked away along with Davie Weir.   They say differently but the official Rangers conclusion was - as I recall it - that the pair of them resigned.   What they achieved when they were at Rangers is naturally a matter of opinion.   But however much of an airbrushing of history Warburton attempts or however much success he had / didn't have he is, imo, history best left firmly behind us.   There is no profit in what if's and arguably his opinion on Rangers these days carries little to zero credibility.    He walked away before he was sacked but sacking was his destiny if he hadn't walked away.

Having now invested in SG as manager - an appointment I suspect many top clubs throughout Britain and maybe even Europe would have bitten hands off to have made - we have him.  He needs to be backed to learn from his mistakes and backed with enough money to build a title-winning side.    Warburton, imo, could never have got anywhere near building a title winning side.   He'd have ended up with players squabbling with each other (…..oh wait....) and relying on softly softly hug-a-lot group therapy after losing games to somehow find a way for the 'we're all in this together' approach to somehow magically work (…..oh wait even more...…..).  

He's best left forgotten.   

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Forgot about that, genuinely tried to block any memory of that out :megaanguish:

Never been more disappointed when watching us. I can take it better when we’ve played well and been unlucky, or when a referee had a shocker, but in a game like that, to not turn up is criminal.

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Giving his budget he shouldn’t have humiliated celtic on the 29th of December either 

8 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Giving his budget he shouldn’t have humiliated celtic on the 29th of December either 

If gerrards getting leeway for that result then warburton should have been inducted into the hall of fame for his one off against them at hampden, 

He had guys like kiernan, ball, law etc looking like superstars that day 

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If gerrards getting leeway for that result then warburton should have been inducted into the hall of fame for his one off against them at hampden, 

He had guys like kiernan, ball, law etc looking like superstars that day 

agreed , some of the best football I’ve ever seen us play that day