Mark Warburton on Open Goal

BlueSuedeSambas

32 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Aye for the first 12 or so games until teams figured us out. We were horrendous and predictable to watch for the majority of time he was with us in my opinion.

Most teams stick with the same formations and players throughout a season.  I don't think Rodgers has deviated from that 4-3-3 much since the day he took over, even in Europe.  Our problem wasn't predictability we were just shite. 

14 minutes ago, TMB said:

Most teams stick with the same formations and players throughout a season.  I don't think Rodgers has deviated from that 4-3-3 much since the day he took over, even in Europe.  Our problem wasn't predictability we were just shite. 

Predictably shite 🙂

28 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Rangers have always been easy to figure out, why you think walter was so shite in europe in his first spell, only time i seen Rangers unpredictable was under eck and thats because we didnt even know what team would show up

As for warburton, for a team that was figured out after 12 games we finished the season winning 25 of our league games, only losing 5 and a gd of +54,

Yeah precisely my point, so after we were figured out we only won 50% of our games. 

31 minutes ago, TMB said:

He's played 3 at the back and regularly plays 4231

34 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Yeah precisely my point, so after we were figured out we only won 50% of our games. 

How many did we lose, by my count we lost 7 games all season, a couple after the league was won

Walter, wee dick, eck to a point, plg, walter again, ally, warburton, pedro, abd now gerrard, all have been predictable, only difference is our more successful managers had the money to buy the better individuals to overcome the predictability 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How many did we lose, by my count we lost 7 games all season, a couple after the league was won

Walter, wee dick, eck to a point, plg, walter again, ally, warburton, pedro, abd now gerrard, all have been predictable, only difference is our more successful managers had the money to buy the better individuals to overcome the predictability 

Fully entitled to your opinion mate but you’re not going to change mine, he was a shocking manager and did not understand what our club is about. I thought he was brilliant first few months but his style, comments and results grew tiresome.

17 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Fully entitled to your opinion mate but you’re not going to change mine, he was a shocking manager and did not understand what our club is about. I thought he was brilliant first few months but his style, comments and results grew tiresome.

Thats fair enough, but imagine walter was told he had 300 grand to spend on a centre half instead of what he paid for the likes of bjorkland, amoruso, or he was told to loan an arsenal youth or sign an ageing kranjcar type player instead of buying gazza

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats fair enough, but imagine walter was told he had 300 grand to spend on a centre half instead of what he paid for the likes of bjorkland, amoruso, or he was told to loan an arsenal youth or sign an ageing kranjcar type player instead of buying gazza

Smith also signed Ehigou and Weir for nothing and immediately made us a better and more robust side than we had been in the six months prior to him coming in. 

Warburton might not have got the resources that other Rangers managers have had but even if he did it probably still wouldnt have worked because he just didn’t get what was needed at a big club with big demands and a lot of his comments since leaving us backs that up.

41 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Non comparable, there are far too many variables to start saying imagine this manager had this or that. Imagine Eck had been given a war chest like Advocaat we might have won the champions league? It’s all hypothetical. 

All things considered, looking at his situation - I thought Warburton was a woeful, unimaginative, robot of a manager.

Same exact thing happened when he went to Forrest their fans had almost exactly the same gripes as the majority of our support did. 

Pretty obvious that many spouting shite here didn't listen to a word said in that interview.

Warburton brought us several players that are still in our first team squad a few seasons later - and we got them for next to fuck all.

No reason to disbelieve anything he said. I think he's an honest man.

12 hours ago, ben51 said:

Quite clearly our board fucked up and he's probably been paid off handsomely. 

I just don't know the legalities of telling an individual as opposed to a media source?

He didn't receive a penny and he dropped his legal action against the club.

9 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

All things considered, looking at his situation - I thought Warburton was a woeful, unimaginative, robot of a manager.

Same exact thing happened when he went to Forrest their fans had almost exactly the same gripes as the majority of our support did. 

Remember not long after he came to us Harlee Dean came out slated him for basically not caring or not having defending session at all in training when he was at Brentford.

It’s a trait that’s going to follow him everywhere he goes regardless of what sort budget he’s given to spend.

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Given 3 of his signings are still much in gerrards squad shows he got something right, his budget for a return to full time top division opposition was horrendous given what his successors have had 

Aye well done Mark, forget the countless humiliations, you signed our back up left back and reserve goalie 😃