UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

2 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Fuck off and open yer eyes. Why do the cops move in front of UB when a goal is scored? Because they can't be trusted. Game, after game, after game.

Police never move infront of the UB when Rangers score. Stewards some times do, but cant recall police. But stewards do this all round the ground, on occasion. 

I have not always been a fan of the UB, but over the last few seasons they have won me over with their non stop songs and dancing, and they do help the atmosphere in the stadium a lot.

I did wonder what had happened to safe standing and it seems like it has been booted into the long grass and that may be for various reasons. Did the UB want the safe standing in the middle of the Broomy ?? 

I do think they would be much better in a central position and maybe it would need the Club to start trying to get fans who would not want to move to B1 a better option in other parts of the stadium. The option of the UB going into the corner where the away support are now seems a good idea before you think about getting certain fans in and out of the stadium, I just cannot see that happening.

I do not see an easy solution to this unless the Club decide to back the UB and that seems to be going in the wrong direction at the moment. I hope a resolution can be found so that we do not lose their input to match days/nights. 

10 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Fuck off and open yer eyes. Why do the cops move in front of UB when a goal is scored? Because they can't be trusted. Game, after game, after game.

Partick Thistle, Ross County, Livingston...

All UB aye?

I like what the UB's do, and they do bring an atmosphere to the stadium.

I would say it is unfair to move other supporters who have also paid a lot of money for their ticket and may have had the same seat for years. I know I wouldn't be happy to move. 

With the UB's being about creating the best atmosphere possible, would pockets of them around the stadium not be conducive to this? So a few small sections across the stadium could potentially get a large number to join in. If an argument is that more people would join in, then surely you then have potentially more people to "rub off" on? 

42 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Not true.

The displays are excellent especially the European nights , just don’t think they should be given priority for away games , c’mon mate it’s clear to see , your only allowed 5 in your friends and family CCCS  , RSC are struggling and I find it hard to believe the ub all go in the exact same RSC bus so how else is there a substantial section of UB sat together at every away game ? 

I can see their point and understand why they are frustrated with not being able to move

But the club have more to worry about this season than accommodating a fans group who wants to move. And the UBs should focus on backing the team this season and worry about this at a more appropriate time

They were the ones who boycotted to get this board in are they going to protest every time they dont get their way now?

This is just a distraction that we don't need at this time. All the Club should be focused on is doing whatever we can to win the league and everything else should be on the back burner. I would like the UBs to move to BF3 but the logistics of moving them and moving other fans about will probably take a lot of time and effort and the Clubs time and effort is best spent on other things at this point in time.

35 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

The displays are excellent especially the European nights , just don’t think they should be given priority for away games , c’mon mate it’s clear to see , your only allowed 5 in your friends and family CCCS  , RSC are struggling and I find it hard to believe the ub all go in the exact same RSC bus so how else is there a substantial section of UB sat together at every away game ? 

Aw cmon mate😂.

UB get there tickets just like everyone else. Most of the group is filled with guys that go week in week out, so it’s hardly a surprise that 20 odd get tickets regularly. 

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I can see their point and understand why they are frustrated with not being able to move

But the club have more to worry about this season than accommodating a fans group who wants to move. And the UBs should focus on backing the team this season and worry about this at a more appropriate time

They were the ones who boycotted to get this board in are they going to protest every time they dont get their way now?

This is just a distraction that we don't need at this time. All the Club should be focused on is doing whatever we can to win the league and everything else should be on the back burner. I would like the UBs to move to BF3 but the logistics of moving them and moving other fans about will probably take a lot of time and effort and the Clubs time and effort is best spent on other things at this point in time.

They broke that boycott before this board were in place, and also protested last season when shit hit the fan, the only group to do so.

35 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

most of the folk who sit in with the UBs aren't members of the group AFAIK, at away games most younger bears and lads who want to sing will congregate around the UBs but aren't necessarily members of the group

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

They broke that boycott before this board were in place, and also protested last season when shit hit the fan, the only group to do so.

i just think now's not the time for protests, we should all be together and fully focused on backing the team instead of discussing things like this. There's a time and place 

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

i just think now's not the time for protests, we should all be together and fully focused on backing the team instead of discussing things like this. There's a time and place 

100% save the squabbling for pre season more pressing matters at hand just now 

5 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Aw cmon mate😂.

UB get there tickets just like everyone else. Most of the group is filled with guys that go week in week out, so it’s hardly a surprise that 20 odd get tickets regularly. 

In the exact same 3 rows as each other   ?? My 5 cccs friends and family have never had a ticket near our mates since CCCS started , the hampden section behind the goal will just be coincidence to eh 😂😂, fair play to them mate , if that’s the route Rangers want to go down distributing the tickets nothing I can do about it but pretending it doesn’t happen, c’mon old chap of course it does 😂😂

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

most of the folk who sit in with the UBs aren't members of the group AFAIK, at away games most younger bears and lads who want to sing will congregate around the UBs but aren't necessarily members of the group

bears just move out their allocated ticket seat to let lads congregate around the ub ? Never seen this happen at an away game either 

27 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

In the exact same 3 rows as each other   ?? My 5 cccs friends and family have never had a ticket near our mates since CCCS started , the hampden section behind the goal will just be coincidence to eh 😂😂, fair play to them mate , if that’s the route Rangers want to go down distributing the tickets nothing I can do about it but pretending it doesn’t happen, c’mon old chap of course it does 😂😂

I can 100% tell you UB don’t get a block of tickets together. There is a good number of posters on here who can back that up.

54 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Mate you know I’ll back you up with everything to do with tickets but there’s absolutely not a chance UB are given tickets directly from Rangers. The ones who you see at away games are the ones which go everywhere and therefore will get their tickets from RSC or other sources.

They decide to stand together at games to try and create ab atmosphere.

Stolen from elsewhere.

The reason for the club not moving them to BF3 has been well known and discussed for many years. I myself when on the Working Group committee back in 2010-11 spoke to David Martin (head of security at the club) at some length to get UB moved to BF3. The reason is the sight lines for those in the areas beside them. If you are in BF2 or BF4 and wish to watch the match from the comfort of your seat, you cannot see a large area of the pitch due to the UB standing in BF3. This is why they are in BF1, it is the only area where them standing doesnt affect the sight lines of other fans in neighbouring sections. The club turn a blind eye to them standing throughout the game in contravention of the ground rules.

I havent been in the loop on this issue since the WG stood down in 2012, but I cant see that the argument has changed a bit as the fact remains the same. UB can move to BF3 if they sit down, which goes against everything they are about so they have to remain at the end of the stand where they dont disrupt everyone else.

What is the big deal with this anyway? They can expand into BF2 if they have sufficient numbers, which they have never had.

I understand their plea for a safe standing area, and that they would be upset that we are not going to go for that. Personally, I am against a safe standing area, so I am delighted the club have decided against this.

36 minutes ago, BeargerNo.1 said:

Stolen from elsewhere.

The reason for the club not moving them to BF3 has been well known and discussed for many years. I myself when on the Working Group committee back in 2010-11 spoke to David Martin (head of security at the club) at some length to get UB moved to BF3. The reason is the sight lines for those in the areas beside them. If you are in BF2 or BF4 and wish to watch the match from the comfort of your seat, you cannot see a large area of the pitch due to the UB standing in BF3. This is why they are in BF1, it is the only area where them standing doesnt affect the sight lines of other fans in neighbouring sections. The club turn a blind eye to them standing throughout the game in contravention of the ground rules.

I havent been in the loop on this issue since the WG stood down in 2012, but I cant see that the argument has changed a bit as the fact remains the same. UB can move to BF3 if they sit down, which goes against everything they are about so they have to remain at the end of the stand where they dont disrupt everyone else.

What is the big deal with this anyway? They can expand into BF2 if they have sufficient numbers, which they have never had.

I understand their plea for a safe standing area, and that they would be upset that we are not going to go for that. Personally, I am against a safe standing area, so I am delighted the club have decided against this.

The guy has literally said in his tweet, the club said BF3 is best.

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

As far as I recall the UB all still had their Sts and never boycotted?

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

bears just move out their allocated ticket seat to let lads congregate around the ub ? Never seen this happen at an away game either 

Mate , that's exactly what happens . The UB congregate at their chosen spot and basically take over , standing 2 or 3 deep in the row . Most older Bears will just move to somewhere with spare seats , I've done this myself and at other times (Livi recently ) I just stood in among the guys and enjoyed being among some of the best away support in the country . It was like a throwback to the old days when you were sore as fuck days later but well worth it . 

I've said before that some of the Ole ole stuff does nothing for me , but fair play to the boys , I'm not sure that my generation of support could or would have put up with the stuff these boys do with the constant OTT surveillance , policing and stewarding at games .

23 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Mate , that's exactly what happens . The UB congregate at their chosen spot and basically take over , standing 2 or 3 deep in the row . Most older Bears will just move to somewhere with spare seats , I've done this myself and at other times (Livi recently ) I just stood in among the guys and enjoyed being among some of the best away support in the country . It was like a throwback to the old days when you were sore as fuck days later but well worth it . 

I've said before that some of the Ole ole stuff does nothing for me , but fair play to the boys , I'm not sure that my generation of support could or would have put up with the stuff these boys do with the constant OTT surveillance , policing and stewarding at games .

Was superb seeing old guys bouncing along with Super Rangers, Ole on the tele at Aberdeen :lol: