If You Could Take One Player From The Past To Play In The Team Now Who Would It Be ?

tannerall

I would take any proper Rangers player from the past. Atm we only have one in our team..........goalie.  Even our best actual player now, Alfie, still has a bit to do. If this team were finished now, who would we wax lyrical about?  Apart from the main choices of Baxter Gazza etc etc,  my left field choice is Ian Ferguson.  A man who could sort out anyone, play and link, then lash the ball in the net fairly regular.  I can still see him standing with his hands on his hips, as he got that huge motor wound up to go again.

10 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I loved Barry Ferguson as a player, but can't believe people are choosing him over the likes of Laudrup and Gazza who would likely turn most of these draws and losses into wins for us.

Totally agree, but I don’t think the midfield is our most pressing issue. We are struggling for goals at times and rely on Morelos who is an excellent overall player but can be quite wasteful. That’s why I went with Mols pre-injury.

We are crying out for a Laudrup or a Gazza. Either of those and we’d be winning the league. 

Yes our defence isn’t the best ever but we haven’t conceded that many goals. Yes Souness etc is clearly far better as a defensive mid than our current players but that’s not the issue. We lack goals and creativity from midfield to the final third. Either of those players would score and lay on chances for fun and would be too much for any defence in the league now. 

15 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Super Ally. We’d be out of sight in games like Friday that the rest of the shite that goes on would be irrelevant 

100% this. If McCoist had never become our manager then most folk would be agreeing imo.

If we had Ally's clinical finishing/poaching we'd be leading the scum as we speak. Fucking goal machine. 

36 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

100% this. If McCoist had never become our manager then most folk would be agreeing imo.

If we had Ally's clinical finishing/poaching we'd be leading the scum as we speak. Fucking goal machine. 

Our striker is on target to get 35/40 goals this season from open play...

16 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

I know the guy is a prick now and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the stadium , but Butcher was a tremendous player for us......

😃 

Perfect choice for you Sassaaaa, a tremendous player but one that gives you the opportunity to have a go at the same time.

For me Butcher and Graham Roberts were the best centre half pairing We’ve had though Gazza would be my choice. We would be running away with the league if we had him at his prime.

37 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

😃

Perfect choice for you Sassaaaa, a tremendous player but one that gives you the opportunity to have a go at the same time.

For me Butcher and Graham Roberts were the best centre half pairing We’ve had though Gazza would be my choice. We would be running away with the league if we had him at his prime.

Its hard not to , the guy is a turncoat bastard . No getting away from it though the guy was a colossal player for us. Roberts was great too but Gough was better IMO.

Sure we went one season conceding only 12 goals , with them playing.......