If You Could Take One Player From The Past To Play In The Team Now Who Would It Be ?

tannerall

1 hour ago, bornabear said:

Bobby Shearer, far better captain than we have now and he would put them in their place if he thought they weren't playing good enough.

"Put them in their place"? borna, Captain Cutlass would have put them in a hospital ward if they weren't playing good enough.

Where the fuck do I start with this? What type of player do we need to win this league? Why am I changing my mind every minute? e.g. Baxter, Laudrup, McCoist, Gascoigne, Cooper, Greig, Ferguson, etc.

All good choices, but I'm going for Mo Johnston.....He would have the scum frothing at the mouth and making a beeline to the Erskine bridge.

My initial choice was the hammer due to our current midfield not really picking up the slack and banging in a few goals from outside the box.

Then obviously it was either Laudrup or Gazza, then maybe Bazza.

Now I've realised fuck me, what a bastard midfield we had around that time. Add in Gattusso, GVB, Reyna as well. Aye McCann was alright in all.

What a 5 year period.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I loved Barry Ferguson as a player, but can't believe people are choosing him over the likes of Laudrup and Gazza who would likely turn most of these draws and losses into wins for us.

I think the reason lots are saying fergie including me, is our current team can play but not consistent enough due to mentality Imo

I think fergie could instil that quite quickly, whereas if we had a laudrup or gazza in our team (by far more gifted  footballers than BF agreed) our current players would just expect one of them to bail them out and get us out of trouble all the time, fergie would demand they bail themselves out.

Pedro Mendes.  Absolutely amazing passer of the ball.  One touch, long or short, killer balls, he had it all down.  His shots from distance were a delight too.  A very cultured player, a Champions League winner, suited to the modern game.  I wish we could find another guy like him to spray the ball around in our midfield.

3 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

I think the reason lots are saying fergie including me, is our current team can play but not consistent enough due to mentality Imo

I think fergie could instil that quite quickly, whereas if we had a laudrup or gazza in our team (by far more gifted  footballers than BF agreed) our current players would just expect one of them to bail them out and get us out of trouble all the time, fergie would demand they bail themselves out.

Thats like walters first time in Europe with us, if laudrup and gazza were marked out the game we were honking