Hastie and McCrorie update

TMB

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ve fucked that big time if the option to buy is anything under £8 million. A great season in league 1 and promotion and that’s the value of players down there. 

The fee will be fuck all.

Pompey don’t have a pot to piss in if I remember rightly.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Tin hat on. I like McCrorie, but he’s not good enough for us.

Works hard and tries to put himself about, but shite on the ball, positionally suspect and not strong enough. 

Shame he’s not kicked on, but his lack of ability means he’ll never get a regular start in our midfield and he’ll never play CB for us again after the absolute ragdolling Dembele gave him. 

Wish him well. Hope he makes a success elsewhere. 

I get that on the ball he needs to be better but for me his strengths in midfield are his positional sense, strong in the tackle and I wouldn't say he was weak. 

He's still only 21 and developing and I genuinely think this is a mistake if Portsmouth take up the option to buy. 

We already got burned with the bates situation last year I hope this doesn't turn out the same. 

4 minutes ago, BoyBlue62 said:

Decent player , but he wouldn’t play regularly if we want to win a league title.

Yeah he wouldn't play regularly just yet but I think he would in years to come. 

I'm pretty disappointed with the buy option but would've been happier with just the loan. 

By all means loan him out if that is how the management see it. The option to buy is baffling. He goes there, does well and we are tied in to selling him. Secondly does that mean that Portsmouth have a set price set up now or is it for negotiation?

So it looks like not one of our youth development players will make the roster squad of 18 let alone the 24 player squad. And now the two graduates from last year, McCrorie & Middleton have been shipped out and more likely never to appear again. This is a concern especially when some of these young players ( Kelly, Mebude, McPake, Palmer ) are considered real talent.

3 minutes ago, badjon said:

By all means loan him out if that is how the management see it. The option to buy is baffling. He goes there, does well and we are tied in to selling him. Secondly does that mean that Portsmouth have a set price set up now or is it for negotiation?

would imagine be something like £2m if not promoted or £5m if promoted with a loan payment in place and a guarantee he'll play a set number of games  (think that would be reasonable)

Only the Daily Rhebel reporting there's an option to buy.   Rangers website:

Rangers can today announce that Ross McCrorie has joined Portsmouth on a season loan subject to international clearance.

The 21-year-old will head south to be part of the English League One’s side for the new campaign.

McCrorie, who is captain of the Scotland under-21 team, progressed through the Rangers Youth Academy and made 30 appearances for the first team last season.

Earlier in his Rangers career, McCrorie had previous loan spells at Ayr United and Dumbarton.

Seems to divide the support. Personally I  like the boy but I still maintain that he is destined to be a C.B. despite earlier comments about his height  lol.he has the physic ,height and heart required to play there and is i.m.o. future captain material. Too many here blame him for getting sent off against septic when he was thrown in at the deep end. I don't blame the boy for wanting to go on loan to gain experience and I wish him all the best at pompey  and hope he thrives and returns to us a better player.