Concern about the standard of Scottish Football

34 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s different with Lampard though. Liverpool are winning the CL and challenging for leagues, while Chelsea are under a transfer embargo and a lot less pressure now than usual. Easy to see he’ll be given a bit of patience from the club and fans imo

Liverpool haven't won a title in a generation and have had a couple real title challenges over the last decade. 

Im not sure there's less 'pressure' on Lampard tbh. If Liverpool dont challenge for the title this season Klopp won't get binned - unless they somehow end up in 10th or something. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Liverpool haven't won a title in a generation and have had a couple real title challenges over the last decade. 

Im not sure there's less 'pressure' on Lampard tbh. If Liverpool dont challenge for the title this season Klopp won't get binned - unless they somehow end up in 10th or something. 

This is easily the closest they’ve been and there’s no sign of anybody leaving for them so they’ll have the same team and continue their challenge. Chelsea have a load of shite and can’t sign anyone, of course there’s less pressure maye

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish from the OP.

Gerrard goes to Anfield win, lose or draw up here.

Whilst they love Klopp, they await the return of their Messiah. The man remains a legend and still hero worshipped.

They give not one fuck what he does in this Mickey mouse league and why the fuck should they, when we are that bad and corrupt?! As for Brenda, no one gives a fuck, particularly Liverpool fans who despise the cunt.

At worst he finishes second, but pretty confident he takes us to that title this season and I doubt that it will not be too difficult.

So, I don't get the negativity and wonder at the mentality driving it.

He will have to prove himself first, we took a huge gamble on Gerrard but he is proving to be a quality individual and heading the right way as a manager, don't forget Liverpool will have the pick of the worlds finest available managers when Klopp goes/is sacked or whatever so he is not guaranteed a gig there, the strides we have taken with him at the helm all through the club are hugely impressive.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

By doing what most Derby bosses do and choking in the playoffs? 

So whats the obvious reason for Chelsea hiring Lampard? 

Cheap and willing to work there so bad he's willing to do it even with an embargo. When does that end anyway?

It won't work out for him there. Hope it does but can't see it.

Gerrard will be on his way out of Ibrox at the end of this season regardless of the result. 2 years up here is more than enough and shown his ability to build a team/ squad and manage the backroom stuff already.

He'll head to a mid-table premiership team to continue his career and he'll go with my best wishes. I hope we're planning for his exit already and ensuring all the good work he has done behind the scenes with youth/ fitness/ analysis isn't lost with him.

Stupid thread seeing as we’ve won fuck all in Scottish football for 8 years.

Lets concentrate on winning something ourselves first between discussing the standard of opposition.

Gerrard knew the exact reason he came here and if/when we win the league he’ll be a legend.

Genuineky think from the fans reaction will surpass anything he’s achieved for Liverpool.

Also every fan knows a manager isn’t here for life. He’s entitled to move on whenever he wants or the board tells him to

15 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Stupid thread seeing as we’ve won fuck all in Scottish football for 8 years.

Lets concentrate on winning something ourselves first between discussing the standard of opposition.

Gerrard knew the exact reason he came here and if/when we win the league he’ll be a legend.

Genuineky think from the fans reaction will surpass anything he’s achieved for Liverpool.

Also every fan knows a manager isn’t here for life. He’s entitled to move on whenever he wants or the board tells him to

Is it not 10 years since winning an honour? I agree with you that Gerrard knew only too well about the standard of Scottish football when he took on the job, what he may not have realised at first, but has learned, that Rangers are a Club like no other when it comes to the loyalty, fanaticism  and ruthless demands of its support. What Scottish football lacks in technical quality is made up for in passion, most of that passion being channeled towards hatred of us. If SG manages to win the Title for us this season he will be up there with Souness, and his grounding in Scottish football management will set him up for the rest of his career.

8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Is it not 10 years since winning an honour? I agree with you that Gerrard knew only too well about the standard of Scottish football when he took on the job, what he may not have realised at first, but has learned, that Rangers are a Club like no other when it comes to the loyalty, fanaticism  and ruthless demands of its support. What Scottish football lacks in technical quality is made up for in passion, most of that passion being channeled towards hatred of us. If SG manages to win the Title for us this season he will be up there with Souness, and his grounding in Scottish football management will set him up for the rest of his career.

Eh no we won the league in 2011. Surely you remember that no??

12 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Eh no we won the league in 2011. Surely you remember that no??

I should do, I was there. 3-0 up in jig time. The Chadwick Stand went tonto. A great day most enjoyable, I will put my forgetfulness down to 10 cans of Budweiser. 

13 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I'm sure Stevie G  is enjoying his time at Ibrox but I don't think it would be too controversial a thing to say that he will see his final destination as back at Anfield and for that has to happen he has to cut his teeth at a big club winning big games. Sad to say but Killie crashing out of Europe to a team called Nomads and our only real opposition replacing brendan rogers with a dumpling like lennon will do nothing to make Stevie G think his medium term future is here.

I hope I'm wrong perhaps a really good run in Europe will make a big difference but sad to say no one down south will take any domestic success seriously now that brenda has disappeared

Did Stevie G not come to Rangers the season after we were humiliated by ‘Progres’ - ah the state of Scottish football - with our run in Europe last year he is improving the standing of Scottish football - her for 55/56/57 and onwards ... 

16 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

That is true but it's what they think of his progress inside Anfield that may worry him

I doubt it. He’s here for experience in managing a big club with fans with high demands, the same as Liverpool. He knows the job at Liverpool has his name on it but he has to win something here for that to happen. Down south will not give a Fck whether they are run by a bunch of monks because regardless of who their manager is beating them and stopping their Scottish domination is all that matters. The media in England don’t care that Lennon is their manager and not Rodgers. They could spin it and say that Rodgers fckd off because he knew his easy run was over.

8 hours ago, jintybear said:

I doubt it. He’s here for experience in managing a big club with fans with high demands, the same as Liverpool. He knows the job at Liverpool has his name on it but he has to win something here for that to happen. Down south will not give a Fck whether they are run by a bunch of monks because regardless of who their manager is beating them and stopping their Scottish domination is all that matters. The media in England don’t care that Lennon is their manager and not Rodgers. They could spin it and say that Rodgers fckd off because he knew his easy run was over.

I just think it would be a much bigger feather in his cap winning a league that contained one of their ex-managers rather than one where the only other big club is  managed by a guy they've hardly heard of

On 19/07/2019 at 15:33, Thermopylae said:

I'm sure Stevie G  is enjoying his time at Ibrox but I don't think it would be too controversial a thing to say that he will see his final destination as back at Anfield and for that has to happen he has to cut his teeth at a big club winning big games. Sad to say but Killie crashing out of Europe to a team called Nomads and our only real opposition replacing brendan rogers with a dumpling like lennon will do nothing to make Stevie G think his medium term future is here.

I hope I'm wrong perhaps a really good run in Europe will make a big difference but sad to say no one down south will take any domestic success seriously now that brenda has disappeared

Think you are way off base on this one Thermo....especially the highlighted part of your post.

Get back in the OT........ we need you there mate!lol

Concerns about the "standard of Scottish football" @Thermopylae ?

You could have typed anything after those first six  words "Concerns about the standard of Scottish..............."

Concerns about the standard of Scottish football ?

Concerns about the standard of Scottish living conditions.

Concerns about the standard of Scottish politics.

Concerns about the standard of Scottish drug use.

Concerns about the standard of Scottish industry.

Concerns about the standard of Scottish media impartiality. 

Concerns about the standard of Scottish paedophelia acceptance in the catholic church and sporting organisations.........

The list could go on and on. 

Basically as a nation we've fucked it for more than 30 years.. 

NB

Any SNP voters or catholic sympathisers out there who feel the wish to reply....................................just don't.

On 19/07/2019 at 15:33, Thermopylae said:

With us back in Europe there is a very strong probability that the Scottish coefficient will improve. Scotland already moved from 26th to 20th on the back of last season. Another year or so of both us and them getting into group stage of EL will get us up to 15th and an automatic CL group place. They opinion  of Scottish football is about to improve over the next few seasons, one bad rest by killie won't change this. 

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

With us back in Europe there is a very strong probability that the Scottish coefficient will improve. Scotland already moved from 26th to 20th on the back of last season. Another year or so of both us and them getting into group stage of EL will get us up to 15th and an automatic CL group place. They opinion  of Scottish football is about to improve over the next few seasons, one bad rest by killie won't change this. 

Aye right,  if @TEFTONG had sent his poolside sports certificate from Menorca in to UEFA it would have done more for the coefficient.

3 hours ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Aye right,  if @TEFTONG had sent his poolside sports certificate from Menorca in to UEFA it would have done more for the coefficient.

Don't  understand this response. Are you saying that us being back in European competitions is NOT going to improve Scotlands coefficient. The evidence from last season suggests otherwise. 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 05:33, Bluepeter9 said:

Did Stevie G not come to Rangers the season after we were humiliated by ‘Progres’ - ah the state of Scottish football - with our run in Europe last year he is improving the standing of Scottish football - her for 55/56/57 and onwards ... 

The point is when he came here he knew he had to beat someone who in the past had one of the big jobs in English football and that's no longer the case

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:59, TopCat said:

Think you are way off base on this one Thermo....especially the highlighted part of your post.

Get back in the OT........ we need you there mate!lol

Hey man I was looking for the cludgie and just wandered in  :whistle:

22 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

This is a bonkers time to worry about the standard of Scottish football. It’s the highest it has been in a decade.

Take the point but does that not just show how dire it was before? I just think it's easier to hold onto good personnel if the other clubs also have qulity

On 19/07/2019 at 21:50, theiconicman said:

Gerrard will be on his way out of Ibrox at the end of this season regardless of the result. 2 years up here is more than enough and shown his ability to build a team/ squad and manage the backroom stuff already.

He'll head to a mid-table premiership team to continue his career and he'll go with my best wishes. I hope we're planning for his exit already and ensuring all the good work he has done behind the scenes with youth/ fitness/ analysis isn't lost with him.

You might be correct, I am hoping we get a 3rd season, especially if we win 55 this year. He might want to stay and defend it.  2 years is quite a short tenure to have put everything in place that needs to be done so club should be trying to encourage him to stay at least 3 years.