The song regarding the disaster

RFC55

Is it something the UB should take up?

Tonight at the rally roon the Rangers thing it really did hit home. Is.it something the UB should.incorporate?

I know at @eskbankloyalwas there tonight, what did you think mate? For.me that really hit home? And I believe even it's just on the new year game.the club should.actually play? What's the thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

But imo it's a greatsong of our past

Beautiful, my old man was at that game and never had a clue what had happened till he got home. My gran whacked him when he got home out of relief he wasn't there. He left 10 minutes before to get the bus

9 hours ago, Moobs said:

Beautiful, my old man was at that game and never had a clue what had happened till he got home. My gran whacked him when he got home out of relief he wasn't there. He left 10 minutes before to get the bus

My uncle said a similar story about getting home and hit! He was at that game as well, but just left as normal and away on the piss. Didn't know anything about it till he got home the next  day to my gran battering him, because she was so relieved he came back!

I think that song is very much for us, for our private grief. Not convinced it’s something for us to sing at games, poignant as it is.

Also (and I know this shouldn’t be a factor but it’s human vermin I’m thinking about), it might encourage another outing for “the Rangers end was empty” obscenity the filth sing.

11 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:
20 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

The version they sing is miles better 

The words are great but it’s an old Scots/Jacobite tune.

McGinn was a left footer as well. Fair play to him though if he wrote the words.

Not long after the disaster the late Matt McGinn composed the song with all profits going to the Ibrox Disaster Fund:

B.T.W. it was me who made that video