Welcome to Rangers Brandon Barker

DeanMK

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That on the official Rangers facebook page?

Many of the comments on there are nonsense. Apparently he stood out at Hibs and scored a few good goals for Preston. He scored twice for them and both were in the league cup, I believe to lower level clubs? Also one person said he played in a top league in Holland, second division Dutch league is top drawer level indeed.

I hope the kid fulfills his potential and is over his injury problems, far from convinced on both, but many of our fans are as bad as the scum when it comes to hyping players we are linked to or sign and making up complete lies. 

Screamer against Leeds I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That on the official Rangers facebook page?

Many of the comments on there are nonsense. Apparently he stood out at Hibs and scored a few good goals for Preston. He scored twice for them and both were in the league cup, I believe to lower level clubs? Also one person said he played in a top league in Holland, second division Dutch league is top drawer level indeed.

I hope the kid fulfills his potential and is over his injury problems, far from convinced on both, but many of our fans are as bad as the scum when it comes to hyping players we are linked to or sign and making up complete lies. 

Yeah it was on the video of his interview.

I hope he does well, goes without saying, but this clap happy element of support who act like everything is quality and happy, particularly on Facebook area absolutely nauseating.

The most disappointing aspect of this signing for me is it pretty much says we are definitely without doubt not getting Kent or someone better than him..........that's a concern.

As for Barker, well can only judge him for his games with Hibs and he was a dangerous player but not sure he has goals or assists in his locker but hopefully he proves me wrong.

Welcome and best of luck.

Looks like we're to be given a dose of Barker for this season and beyond when it was a repeat dose of Kent that everyone wanted (Gerrard included).    

It wouldn't necessarily be Barker's fault as it depends on how much Gerrard is prepared to play him and how well Barker himself performs when he's given the chances to play but if this season turns out to be yet another season without any trophies then it seems to me to be very possible a lot of Supporters may well look back at this signing as being the point at which the Board watered down its ambition to win trophies ie failing to find the means to sign a player in Kent who we know can be a very effective player for Rangers and betting instead on a 'maybe' player.   

The difference between knowing that someone can cut it for Rangers in this league in games that really matter (ie Kent) and someone who is untried and unknown in delivering the sort of quality needed at Rangers to win games.    It seems for now that when it came to finding the means to back the ambition to win the league title / cups the Board decided it would not find the money and chose instead an attempt to get there on the cheap.    We'll see how this signing (and lack of signing Kent) pans out over the course of the season but right now I don't think we have anywhere near as good a player in Barker as we would have had in Kent.