Andy King On Loan

Scotjo

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He also thought Lafferty was good enough, as well as Coulibaly and Ejaria and McAuley and Grezda and Barisic, he’s not always right

hardly. Maybe Lafferty, Ejaria had his loan spell cut short but tbf he was good enough technically. Just a shithouse.

Grezda and Barasic weren't exactly SG's top picks, those 2 were down to poor scouting, hence why both didnt play as much as they should have last season. Mcauley was a 4th choice CB, didnt really pan out well but can see why someone like him was brought in. 

34 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

He certainly strengthens our bench - and if we compete on all fronts we have a lot of games - he is experienced many of our central midfielders arnt - he can spell / replace Steve Davis especially when we need experience - great addition to the squad 

Agreed, it's all about strength in depth this season.  Plus it winds up the tims so win win.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He also thought Lafferty was good enough, as well as Coulibaly and Ejaria and McAuley and Grezda and Barisic, he’s not always right

Based on form, Lafferty was more than a good enough 3rd striker, he fucked it for himself.

Coulibaly was brilliant to start, but faded and only a loan anyway so no harm done tbh.

Ejaria was good enough, but he wanted to leave, so not Gerrards fault.

Barisic was brilliant against us and is a Croatian international, so if he's not good enough here, then the fault lies with him, not Gerrard.

McAuley was a 4th choice CB and brought in to add experience more than anything else imo.

Grezda- came with a reputation, but hasn't worked out, again, i would be blaming him tbh.

5 minutes ago, stevemac said:

hardly. Maybe Lafferty, Ejaria had his loan spell cut short but tbf he was good enough technically. Just a shithouse.

Grezda and Barasic weren't exactly SG's top picks, those 2 were down to poor scouting, hence why both didnt play as much as they should have last season. Mcauley was a 4th choice CB, didnt really pan out well but can see why someone like him was brought in. 

There’s no maybe about Lafferty whatsoever. Ejaria was gash for months before he left, Coulibaly was since the second league game. 

He signed them. McAuley was garbage regardless of his place in the pecking order. 

Every manager gets signings wrong, and not every fan will have the same opinion on a player as the manager before signing despite who ever said he wasn’t good enough being wrong.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Based on form, Lafferty was more than a good enough 3rd striker, he fucked it for himself.

Coulibaly was brilliant to start, but faded and only a loan anyway so no harm done tbh.

Barisic was brilliant against us and is a Croatian international, so if he's not good enough here, then the fault lies with him, not Gerrard.

McAuley was a 4th choice CB and brought in to add experience more than anything else imo.

Grezda- came with a reputation, but hasn't worked out, again, i would be blaming him tbh.

At least Gerrard is willing to gamble on players and take risks to try to win.  Some of them may not have worked out for the reasons stated above, but its shown the right mentality from the gaffer.  

No reward without risk, especially not with a first time manager.

12 minutes ago, stevemac said:

scott arfield was at burnley for 5 years, in the championship/premier league like king at leicester, and in almost 200 games he amassed 22 goals.

hes played 51 here and got 14 already. 

Ill trust the manager and hopefully he can produce in a more attacking role.

I go back to the original point about him, he is not a goalscoring midfielder and he isn't going to start for our team.

He has barely kicked a ball in two seasons

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Lafferty’s season was completely overrated, and it’s his one good season ever. Plus  if Gerrard done his research he would have known he’s a complete fanny, his fault. 

Loan has nothing to do with it, Gerrard obviously thought he was good enough, a few good games at the start aside he wasn’t.

No he wasn’t. 

Good against us, as were plenty in the league, he’s an internationalist due to the luck of their best left backs being out injured. Still he signed him.

Wasn’t needed and would have been as well using a youth.

A reputation of what? If a signing fails the buck stops with the manager.

I don't mind us taking a gamble on a loan. Far rather that than us giving guys like him two year contracts a la Kranjcar, Barton and so on. 

Having a reasonably important member of the Leicester Premier league winning team in our squad must surely be a good thing. 

1 minute ago, fernando0606 said:

He will have the least amount of starts out of our central midfielders

Which is what most people had been saying since we were linked with him. Nobody is saying he’s a guy who’s going to come in and start every week. Most people are happy that we are adding a vastly experienced player to our squad to give us better strength in depth.

2 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

He will have the least amount of starts out of our central midfielders

1. He's a loanee

2. Likely brought in for squad depth

3. Hasn't done our pre season or know yet our style of play

4. Joins after season has started

More than likely he wont start as many games, but that doesn't make it a bad move for us.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Possibly.

Or he could turn up, be an absolute star, and help lead us to 55.

We have no way of knowing until he has kicked a ball for us.  

Wasn't that long ago people were saying the same sort of thing about Kamara.  EVen more recently, I seen a bunch on here saying Jones would never provide anything for us.

Let's wait and see how he plays.

Let's hope so, all I was saying is I don't really rate him. I hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Its mental how people have complained about the lack of depth in our squad for years and now they are dismissing a guy with the experience that King has and saying he’s not good enough when his CV certainly suggests that he is more than good enough to play a role for us in what we want to be a 60+ game season.

I know, having him there as backup to step in when the squad is depleted due to fighting on four fronts (fingers crossed). 

He knows what it takes to drag a team like Leicester to be premier league winners. Surely will be a positive influence in the squad for battling through the tough spells. 

I honestly don't mind loans like this. It's a gamble - he might be done and basically contribute nothing, he might not be. I hate when we sign the guys past it on two and three year deals. Dorrans for a million for example, that was a bad deal. 

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Its mental how people have complained about the lack of depth in our squad for years and now they are dismissing a guy with the experience that King has and saying he’s not good enough when his CV certainly suggests that he is more than good enough to play a role for us in what we want to be a 60+ game season.

Gets in ahead of Docherty imo 

32 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

I go back to the original point about him, he is not a goalscoring midfielder and he isn't going to start for our team.

He has barely kicked a ball in two seasons

hes played over 30 games in 2 years. whilst not a huge amount compared to some, its a myth to say hes barely kicked a ball for 2 seasons. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Lafferty’s season was completely overrated, and it’s his one good season ever. Plus  if Gerrard done his research he would have known he’s a complete fanny, his fault. 

Loan has nothing to do with it, Gerrard obviously thought he was good enough, a few good games at the start aside he wasn’t.

No he wasn’t. 

Good against us, as we’re plenty in the league, he’s an internationalist due to the luck of their best left backs being out injured. Still he signed him.

Wasn’t needed and would have been as well using a youth.

A reputation of what? If a signing fails the buck stops with the manager.

He's a complete fanny who was still scoring goals for hearts and that's why we signed him.

Did Coulibaly not lose a family member? He certainly wasn't the same after and unless Gerrard killed him, not his fault imo.

Disagree.

He looked more than good enough to play at our level and everyone thought the same at the time.

A youth to add experience?

A reputation of being highly rated by club and country. It hasn't worked out though, but probably due to mentality and not ability, which is near impossible to know before signing someone.

24 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

May as well post this again:

43 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Lafferty 2nd time around panned out exactly how 95% of our support said it would.  

Gerrard should have did his homework, the blame is fully at his door. 

Good signing. Those expecting a CF of good quality to come in and sit in the house or the bench most games will be waiting a while. 

Think Morelos has missed 2 or 3 games on the bounce due to injury, Defoe very rarely injured as well. 

King will surprise a few I think. Be good to have two premier league quality midfielders who can score goals in him and Arfield, as well as Aribo and we’ve got plenty of goals and assists from the middle which is what we all said we needed in May. 

Kent really would be the cherry on the top, we’re in a very good position at the moment