Gaffers reaction

mrmojorisin

I would be annoyed if players weren’t giving him daggers. Every  one of them should be busting a gut to play. If they’re not then they shouldn’t be at Rangers. I think Gerrard knows and understands this, and is poking them with a stick to get the proper result. He’s been around changing rooms for a long time and knows how it works. So happy that he’s our manager. 

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Doubt it. I think they'll be well aware they aren't in his plans.

Your probably right, that's purely based on the gaffer saying Dorrans was injured and him saying he wasn't and holt seems like he's type to draw daggers

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We signed a centre back for £3m who hasn't had a sniff yet because of how good Goldson and Katic have been. 

Not disagreeing that Katic and Goldson have been great. My point was that if anyone has a right to be unhappy and giving the gaffer "daggers" for not getting game time then it would probably be the guy that got dropped straight after a MOTM performance.

Gerrard, meanwhile, sent former celtic defender Erik Sviatchenko home to Denmark with some words of advice after a 3-1 win against the Danes on the night. Clearly taking issue with something Sviatchenko said in the media prior to the match, the pair met in the tunnel afterwards with the Englishman making a zipping gesture over his mouth.

“I just wished him all the best for the remainder of the season,” said Gerrard. “He had obviously been speaking quite a lot through the media over where he is from. So it was just a little send-off for him.”

The Rangers manager gave an update on the fitness of striker Alfredo Morelos, who had limped off in the closing stages. Rather than a hamstring pull as first feared, the Colombian is believed to have sustained only a knock and his injuries aren’t thought to be serious. “He's fine,” said Gerrard. “He's very tough. I think he's took a bit of a whack but I've just asked him how he is and he thinks he will be fine.”

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not disagreeing that Katic and Goldson have been great. My point was that if anyone has a right to be unhappy and giving the gaffer "daggers" for not getting game time then it would probably be the guy that got dropped straight after a MOTM performance.

For me, Edmundson is better than Goldson.

8 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

You definitely get the impression that Gerrard won't be fucked with. 

Yep AND fail to impress at the weekend and it’s a long haul to get back into the team.

In other words:

‘don't fucking mess with me’

Definitely not a general comment or just a turn of phrase.  The choice of the phrase 'sly looks' suggests that while he undoubtedly wants people to be disappointed in not starting, one or two are perhaps are perhaps going overboard with their attitude/maybe a tad embittered and forgetting themselves in what is a squad game.  He definitely isn't going to be fucked with.

Something else, by the way: compare his aura, stature, steeliness and class with Lennon.   In truth, there is no comparison - he's off the scale.  Even I'd run through a fucking brick wall for him!