PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Thanks, it actually looks nicer that way but that disc slot is going to be annoying because of the curve :lol:

Yeah I agree! To be honest the main thing I hateĀ is the colour. Not really a fan of white electronics.

This mock up of a pure black one is alot nicer. Might just hang off until they inevitably release it!

EaRWfnTWoAU1XAh?format=jpg&name=large

Ā 

Just now, Iakona said:

Yeah I agree! To be honest the main thing I hateĀ is the colour. Not really a fan of white electronics.

This mock up of a pure black one is alot nicer. Might just hang off until they inevitably release it!

EaRWfnTWoAU1XAh?format=jpg&name=large

Ā 

No doubt will be a 'limited edition' at a higher priceĀ 

28 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Actually nuts how much they're pushing that for a new generation.Ā 

Was a poor GTA imo.Ā 

I seen a meme on Facebook making a joke about how from 2001-08 we got 3, Vice City, San Andreas and 4 and in the same timeĀ period between 13-20 weā€™ve had three versions of GTA5. Itā€™s pretty piss poor really.

51 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I seen a meme on Facebook making a joke about how from 2001-08 we got 3, Vice City, San Andreas and 4 and in the same timeĀ period between 13-20 weā€™ve had three versions of GTA5. Itā€™s pretty piss poor really.

All about that online money for Rockstar unfortunately, the next GTA will be exactly the same.Ā 

Undead Nightmare is easily one of the best DLC expansions I've ever played, they could've made a killing if they done that for RDR2 but were more interested in pushing the soulless multiplayer so they could sell their microtransactions.Ā 

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

What is even worse is we got 4, as GTA 3 was out in 2001.

18 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I still play GTA online a lot and tbh I'm only starting to get bored of it now. Its been a great game online with plenty of content and plenty of stuff to do. Looking forward to playing it on PS5.

23 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

All about that online money for Rockstar unfortunately, the next GTA will be exactly the same.Ā 

Undead Nightmare is easily one of the best DLC expansions I've ever played, they could've made a killing if they done that for RDR2 but were more interested in pushing the soulless multiplayer so they could sell their microtransactions.Ā 

The expansions for GTA IV were brilliant as well with the Ballad of Gay Tony being the highlight. Really disappointed they never done the same thing with GTA V.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/06/2020 at 23:23, Jamie0202 said:

The expansions for GTA IV were brilliant as well with the Ballad of Gay Tony being the highlight. Really disappointed they never done the same thing with GTA V.

GTA IV was a classic, the Ballad just made it better, what a hoot, and the missions were just the right side of being difficult, but not so difficult as to become annoying or a game breaker. To this day I am mortified that a CGI figure in a video game is 100% a far better dancer than I will ever be.

As for GTA V, a very good game, but could have been so much more, the only thing that reallyĀ stood out for me was Trevor, deary me, the cut scene when he kicks one of our "heroes" from IV literally into the ground was a bit of a shock. I have never completed V, I still have it loaded up on my PC, perhaps I will have another go, the only problem being that I will end up spending all of my time exploring the place rather than trying to complete the story.

21 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

GTA IV was a classic, the Ballad just made it better, what a hoot, and the missions were just the right side of being difficult, but not so difficult as to become annoying or a game breaker. To this day I am mortified that a CGI figure in a video game is 100% a far better dancer than I will ever be.

As for GTA V, a very good game, but could have been so much more, the only thing that reallyĀ stood out for me was Trevor, deary me, the cut scene when he kicks one of our "heroes" from IV literally into the ground was a bit of a shock. I have never completed V, I still have it loaded up on my PC, perhaps I will have another go, the only problem being that I will end up spending all of my time exploring the place rather than trying to complete the story.

Ah! My N word!

• 2 weeks later...

I see Sony have a new range of ā€˜ps5 readyā€™ TVs.

Iā€™m planning on upgrading the old 2009 LG for something special this year for PS5. I might end up going for one of these new ones but Iā€™m not sure whether toĀ wait to see reviews and what other brands come up with. Whatā€™s everyone elseā€™s ideas on that?

7 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Iā€™m planning on upgrading the old 2009 LG for something special this year for PS5. I might end up going for one of these new ones but Iā€™m not sure whether toĀ wait to see reviews and what other brands come up with. Whatā€™s everyone elseā€™s ideas on that?

I wont be shelling out Ā£400 odd then another Ā£1300 on one of those TV's.

Can pick up a high spec one for around 700 just now. Let's face it the vast majority of folk wont see a huge difference

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I wont be shelling out Ā£400 odd then another Ā£1300 on one of those TV's.

Can pick up a high spec one for around 700 just now. Let's face it the vast majority of folk wont see a huge difference

Fair enough mate. I've been saving for a new TV for a while just because mine is well past its peak. I held off buying before any announcements for the PS5 in case I ended up getting something that would be outdated again by the time it was released.

Anything you'd recommend?

40 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Fair enough mate. I've been saving for a new TV for a while just because mine is well past its peak. I held off buying before any announcements for the PS5 in case I ended up getting something that would be outdated again by the time it was released.

Anything you'd recommend?

I'm holding off till nearer Christmas mate, they were doing Samsung TU8510 UHD 4K for about Ā£700 a few month back so hopefully get a discount on the in a few month. Don't really want to be spending much more than that tbh.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm holding off till nearer Christmas mate, they were doing Samsung TU8510 UHD 4K for about Ā£700 a few month back so hopefully get a discount on the in a few month. Don't really want to be spending much more than that tbh.

Ā 

Nice one, thanks! No idea which model, so I'm sure the newer ones have this fixed but my mate's Samsung has bad input lag which was always a big worry. One of those situationsĀ where I'd like to sit and try it out in-store rather than look at a generic videoĀ designed to make every telly look like a masterpiece!

20 hours ago, Marky. said:

What are the new ps5 ready TVs, as I would expect them to have a higher refresh rate, if the ps5 is 120hz.

4 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

So 120hz, which barely any standard TV people have in there house, and who is buying a 8k TV.

There should be grades of these consoles. How much extra you paying for the hardware required to pump out 120fps in 8k when all you have is a HD or UHD 60 hz TV?