Next 7 games .

eejay the dj

When you look at our subs bench these days, it's always quite strong.

We have a much better squad these days, best we've had in ages.

Then there's also names that can't even get on the bench mostly, King, Murphy, always one or other of the cb's etc.

We'll obviously have to rest the likes of Davies for some games, and players get knocks, but we can handle much better now.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be good to have Jones back as I’m unconvinced about Barker, Stewart or Ojo in a crunch game. To be honest, I’d rather have Murphy ahead of these three.

I remember Rangers squads in the past actually enjoyed schedules like this because the tedious training was minimal and there is/was a greater focus on rest, recovery and tactics. We have guys like Davis and Defoe who clearly know how to look after their bodies and should set good examples for the others.

As for domestic league business, it’s worth remembering that the scum have dropped more points against the rest of the league than we have.

Long time weather forecast for Glasgow suggesting it might be cold in week before Christmas, but not below freezing, and up till then the  weather is pretty decent, so not much chance of postponements either. 

What's the betting the winter break is decent weather too, then straight after the break we're up to our knees in sleet and snow ?

If we've got a hard run with so many away games they'll obviously have an easy one , but it will eventually balance out , so if we can keep within 3 points going into the break I'd be happy . 

We just need to concentrate on one game at a time and not get distracted with the month as a whole . 

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Team selection is critical. We simply can't play the same 11 all the time. 

Particularly when there is an obvious weakness in defence and if I see Ojo starting I'll fucking weep.

Also making a few changes does give some a well needed rest to get them fresh and spurns on those challenging for a place.  

Making changes does not have to equal a negative. It's all about the team.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Particularly when there is an obvious weakness in defence and if I see Ojo starting I'll fucking weep.

Also making a few changes does give some a well needed rest to get them fresh and spurns on those challenging for a place.  

Making changes does not have to equal a negative. It's all about the team.

He has become a little reluctant to do so recently. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Long time weather forecast for Glasgow suggesting it might be cold in week before Christmas, but not below freezing, and up till then the  weather is pretty decent, so not much chance of postponements either. 

What's the betting the winter break is decent weather too, then straight after the break we're up to our knees in sleet and snow ?

Cheers Sean

48 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He has become a little reluctant to do so recently. 

I don’t think rotation is that necessary. The filth barely rotate and have a number of them that have played 55+ games a year. 

We dropped Morelos for an OF because we thought he might be tired. 

Some rotation yes, but I’d keep our key players in there.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think rotation is that necessary. The filth barely rotate and have a number of them that have played 55+ games a year. 

Morelos is the only player I wouldn't consider rotating. He is simply too good at the moment. Jack, Davis & Kamara have played a lot lately including international duty. We just need to be careful that's all. I'm sure they all want to play.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Morelos is the only player I wouldn't consider rotating. He is simply too good at the moment. Jack, Davis & Kamara have played a lot lately including international duty. We just need to be careful that's all. I'm sure they all want to play.

I like Defoe, but I wouldn’t start him in any of the next 4 games. 

Can rotate Aribo in pretty easily. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Don't think that was the case mate. Sure he was rested the week before at St Mirren? and the fact we played 5 centre mids, and a lot narrower which helped Defoe and Arfield last years makes me think Gerrard thought Defoe was the best choice.

15 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

We have a tough run of games now but I’m led to believe the bheasts have a similar run of tough games in the new year.

They really don’t. They’re away something like 4 out 5 games with 3 of those teams bring relegation level and Aberdeen. Hardly anything to worry about for them. I’d be surprised if any other team in the league have as hard a fixture list as that this season. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

They really don’t. They’re away something like 4 out 5 games with 3 of those teams bring relegation level and Aberdeen. Hardly anything to worry about for them. I’d be surprised if any other team in the league have as hard a fixture list as that this season. 

Killie, Livi and possibly Motherwell will give them games, plus they'll have Europe in there as well 

The tims will drop more points than us in the lead up to the last Old Firm game of the year and we won't lose that one now.

We'll win the cup and qualify for the last 32

I'm not fussed about admitting they're a good team, loads of good players all over the pitch, especially the three behind the striker but I believe we are far more effective than them, we play a style that is far more suited to winning games week in week out, they're a bit more intricate in their play and while it works at home with relative ease, away from home against stodgy defences in tight grounds the goals come less frequent;  whilst we can play a bit but I feel our style is more about making as many opportunities for Morelos as possible, that direct approach is how you win points consistently in Scotland, we'll grind games out, they won't

They have 4 home games, 3 away games, they'll take 10/12pts at home, 4-5/9pts away

I believe we'll take 16/18pts in our six games.

Go into the break, a point ahead with a game in hand and the League cup in the bag and the last 32 to look forward to.

Archived