Tav : Cup Final Press Conference

Virtuoso

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tavernier has played in some hammering a by them but has also had some really good games but not got the results against them. He was good in the semi 2-2, good in a 0-0 there under murty and in the 1-1.  Also played well bar 1 mistake which they scored the winner from last match 2-1. And both ibrox games last year he was really good.

maybe he’s just not good at press conferences but 1 thing I am quite shocked about is him being the captain and not leaning on a previous captains advice-  we’re not asking him to be Richard Gough or Baz but surely their experience is worth it’s weight in gold.

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Tavernier has played in some hammering a by them but has also had some really good games but not got the results against them. He was good in the semi 2-2, good in a 0-0 there under murty and in the 1-1.  Also played well bar 1 mistake which they scored the winner from last match 2-1. And both ibrox games last year he was really good.

maybe he’s just not good at press conferences but 1 thing I am quite shocked about is him being the captain and not leaning on a previous captains advice-  we’re not asking him to be Richard Gough or Baz but surely their experience is worth it’s weight in gold.

He was asked in a quiz recently to name 3 Rangers captains. He got two and the third was on the tip of his tongue. The third he was trying to get was Richard Gough who is a club ambassador. I know if I was captain, I would be leaning on him for advice all the time. Tav didn't even know his name.

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Here we go again.

Can we no go one day without mentioning something he’s not good at? Who cares if he’s shite at press conferences?

Sick to absolute fuck hearing this fucking shite. Cunts moaning about how many times he says 'you know' when about 1000 of their 10,000 posts is them whining about him 'never being a Rangers captain'.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sick to absolute fuck hearing this fucking shite. Cunts moaning about how many times he says 'you know' when about 1000 of their 10,000 posts is them whining about him 'never being a Rangers captain'.

A fair few, that a canny remember off the top of my head, have a word they always say.

Gerrard loves a ‘yeah, of course’.

Think it’s just having a pop at his interview skills. The captain shouldn’t do a deep sigh before starting to talk about his club being in a final ffs.

And it’s fine if he does his talking on the pitch....  “if”

James Tavernier is only our 22nd captain in our history. A position that carries a ton of responsibility. The question isn't whether he should be captain or not (he shouldn't) but rather who should? Personally, I believe he got it because there really isn't anyone else. He will never be compared to the likes of Caldow, Greig, Gough, Butcher, Amaruso or Weir but when he hoists the cup on Sunday, it will be a memorable and proud moment in a long journey back. And I hope he proves the naysayers wrong including me.

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

James Tavernier is only our 22nd captain in our history. A position that carries a ton of responsibility. The question isn't whether he should be captain or not (he shouldn't) but rather who should? Personally, I believe he got it because there really isn't anyone else. He will never be compared to the likes of Caldow, Greig, Gough, Butcher, Amaruso or Weir but when he hoists the cup on Sunday, it will be a memorable and proud moment in a long journey back. And I hope he proves the naysayers wrong including me.

Tav must be proud to see his name along side other great captains like Gavin Rae 

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Goldsons a fanny anytime he makes an arse of something he’s always pointing the finger at somebody else. 

No more so than the second goal on Wednesday. Standing there waving his hands waiting for a whistle.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He was asked in a quiz recently to name 3 Rangers captains. He got two and the third was on the tip of his tongue. The third he was trying to get was Richard Gough who is a club ambassador. I know if I was captain, I would be leaning on him for advice all the time. Tav didn't even know his name.

I remember that round of quiz - and our NI talisman Laugh-erty had no idea we were established 1872

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I remember that round of quiz - and our NI talisman Laugh-erty had no idea we were established 1872

:tu:

A "supposed" Rangers supporter through and through as well mate .... makes you laugh when Tav is taken to task for not knowing the history of our Club ...... like it is the most important requirement for a player when he arrives at any club ...... I can see it now ....."He's a shite player right enough .... but he disnae  half know our history .... I'll gie him that".

Yes our history is extremely important ..... mostly to the support ... and most if not all .... do not know the half of it .... no big deal you don't know what you don't know .... but as far as our history goes you can learn it if it is important enough to you.

Compulsory   "History of the Club" classes for new players will now be included in their contracts ..... :p:

:UK:

22 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Cant remember who the player was but during a half time quiz on RTV a few weeks ago a player said that Tav was the most passionate  in the dressing room and the most vocal on the pitch, dont really know what folk expect from him during a press conference.

A Begbie type rant finishing Nae cunt leaves this presser till we’ve won the fuckin Cup.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

A "supposed" Rangers supporter through and through as well mate .... makes you laugh when Tav is taken to task for not knowing the history of our Club ...... like it is the most important requirement for a player when he arrives at any club ...... I can see it now ....."He's a shite player right enough .... but he disnae  half know our history .... I'll gie him that".

Yes our history is extremely important ..... mostly to the support ... and most if not all .... do not know the half of it .... no big deal you don't know what you don't know .... but as far as our history goes you can learn it if it is important enough to you.

Compulsory   "History of the Club" classes for new players will now be included in their contracts ..... :p:

:UK:

Meant that even a million% Rangers supporter couldn't answer (a simple)  random question - so why would a club captain be a know all. 

Archived