Stevie’s Reaction.

Courtyard Bear

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're missing the point, he's a backup player with limited game time, he came in so has polster and Patterson, would either of polster or patterson changed that game today

No flanagan didnt play well, neither did anyone else, they were all fucking rotten, but flanagan will be dropped eventually for his better option, the rest won't 

Flanagan has had good and bad games before for us, that is what puts him ahead of polster and Patterson, if we simply focus on bad games to determine our first team then we'll be dropping davis, jack, aribo, kamara, kent, defoe on wed night then? 

I'm not missing any point.

Flanagans selection makes our play lop sided, as it generally fails on the side he is on. I used to tolerate it more than some as he's right footed and was playing LB but that's no longer the case.

Two teams in a row not even generally bother with him as an attacking force which is a worry as that is exactly what's expected of our full backs. Theyve left him in acres then once he moves into their final 3rd they've put a block on, knowing he'll pass side or back, and wont give a genuine overlap. 

And it's not just tactical and attacking.  His passing was piss poor, even his throw ins were pish, and less said the best about his tackling. 

That we didnt conceded when he was on was hardly down to him. For the same reason Jack isnt blameless, nor are Polster and Arfield to blame given they were on when we lost 2 goals.

Polster did more in 45 mins of what our full backs need to do than Flanafsn has in s game and a half. Same with Patterson in the 3 games ive seen him in. So we'll never know but theres s good chance our shape would have been better. Cant account for horrific individual mistakes for goals against.

How you can say he has good and bad games and say, especially after that today, that's why he's ahead of others is just mental.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Remember the outcry by some on here about Patterson potentially playing today. Today proved why Flanagan should not be at the club, young boy wouldn't have put in such an inept performance and that decision was a huge mistake from Gerrard. 

Spot on, shitebag team selection

Big Goldson was at the back himself today.

Flanagan Katic and Barisic all poor today.

Polster done ok.

Worst av seen Davis and Kamara play this season.

Aribo the best of a bad bunch.

Defoe anonymous 

Kent poor aswell.

Arfield just being Arfield.

Yet it was a Goldson slip n a deflection that cost us!

We will bounce back!! And Alfie is back!!

12 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Polster done ok.

Defoe anonymous 

Kent poor aswell.

Kamara cost us not goldson and if barasic was out in his right position the guy doesn’t get a shot in or deflection.

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Kamara cost us not goldson and if barasic was out in his right position the guy doesn’t get a shot in or deflection.

Nothing Goldson can do when he's having a lie down in the 6 yard box.

6 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Not saying goldson or barisic cost us, saying as badly as we played the goals were still unfortunate 

1 minute ago, Sket said:

I actually thought this was one of goldsons better games, any cunt can slip on a football pitch it’s not as if he made a mistake. And kamara fucked up then just stood like a prick and watched them score.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

I actually thought this was one of goldsons better games, any cunt can slip on a football pitch it’s not as if he made a mistake. And kamara fucked up then just stood like a prick and watched them score.

Mibbe Kamara was daydreaming about his move to Juventus.

2 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Moving Aribo into his natural position was a mistake?

Davis wouldn't have played the full 90 if we didn't have to waste a sub at half time on Flanagan.

Who else would you play instead of Defoe when Morelos is suspended and Stewart was injured? 

We don't play with wingers, our width comes from our fullbacks.

I liked your post because you’re spot on in what you say but I think the answer is you don’t play Defoe up top alone and use that system.

You find someone to partner him up front and change the system and  if there isn’t anyone then that’s a major recruitment flaw under the circumstances.  We got away with it against St Mirren just, we didn’t today obviously and I wouldn’t back us to get away with it again.  We also can’t look for attacking  width from our full backs when Flanagan is in that system. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did Polster today? Or Patterson v stranraer?

Very poor I agree with.

No but no one on here blaming Polster for the loss -- the loss was a team e(specially midfield) cluster fuck and whle Flanagan was crap - we cannot lay the defeat at hs door. 

I'm encouraged to hear him say they need to get stuff off their chests tomorrow. Communication is exactly what was missing today. 

He's saying people didn't understand what they were trying to do. I hope someone in the squad has the balls to speak up and say that's down to him.....although he knows it. 

He needs to tell the players they showed fuck all passion out there today.....too many of them are resting on their laurels after winning at the piggery. 

2 hours ago, Sket said:

Canny help slipping , watch Barisic at the second , unbelievable turn around and now showing what he did against us but he’s dancing about holding his baws In fear of being hit with the ball then turns his back , get out and shut him down 

This performance was no surprise, I sat through our games against  Stranraer and St mirren and they were two very poor performances by our recent standards, then you factor in a Hearts team fighting for survival who were always going to offer more as they always raise their game against us,  and we were found to be woefully short in every department, our bench was pretty weak which shows we haven’t a strong enough squad when injuries and suspensions happen , so I’m really surprised to hear the manager saying we won’t be bringing anyone in, if we don’t , I can’t see us achieving 55 this season . 

2 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

This performance was no surprise, I sat through our games against  Stranraer and St mirren and they were two very poor performances by our recent standards, then you factor in a Hearts team fighting for survival who were always going to offer more as they always raise their game against us,  and we were found to be woefully short in every department, our bench was pretty weak which shows we haven’t a strong enough squad when injuries and suspensions happen , so I’m really surprised to hear the manager saying we won’t be bringing anyone in, if we don’t , I can’t see us achieving 55 this season . 

I agree.

I do think this is on SG though, I think he's failed to see how the lack of parity can weaken a team. Rangers have had to work twice as hard to keep the gap low. because of unfair refereeing and nastiness from opposition players. which has left our team with more injuries and suspensions than any other SPL club each season.

Imho, We need a fully prepared rotation team who can hit the ground running and give us 100%. as games are going to get more unfair and more physical the closer we get to 55. We can't afford to throw points away.

Our problem the last 2 games has been team shape. When there is zero threat on the right you can sit back and ignore that side and overload the middle and left. That's where we find ourselves with no space. 

Patterson should have played against St Mirren because he offers an attacking threat and is the most similar in style to Tav.  Defoe needs someone to get the ball up the pitch because he isn't quick enough over 40 yards to run in on goal. He needs the ball coming to him in the box to use his movement and finishing instincts.  

We were predictable today and Wednesday. I actually revised my 3-4 nil prediction down to 1-2 against St mirren when I saw the team news. I knew we'd be lopsided and stodgy as fuck. Again today we should have shown some faith in our best youth. 

A lot of people are missing the big thing here, 

Why are we continually trying to play the EXACT same system and style when 2 players who are vital to it are missing, 

Would a team who play 3 at the back keep trying it if they only had one centre half? 

Gerrard knew we were playing with flanagan and defoe, and he didnt change a single thing about how we played, its warburton all over again with the one play style and one play style only

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not missing any point.

Flanagans selection makes our play lop sided, as it generally fails on the side he is on. I used to tolerate it more than some as he's right footed and was playing LB but that's no longer the case.

Two teams in a row not even generally bother with him as an attacking force which is a worry as that is exactly what's expected of our full backs. Theyve left him in acres then once he moves into their final 3rd they've put a block on, knowing he'll pass side or back, and wont give a genuine overlap. 

And it's not just tactical and attacking.  His passing was piss poor, even his throw ins were pish, and less said the best about his tackling. 

That we didnt conceded when he was on was hardly down to him. For the same reason Jack isnt blameless, nor are Polster and Arfield to blame given they were on when we lost 2 goals.

Polster did more in 45 mins of what our full backs need to do than Flanafsn has in s game and a half. Same with Patterson in the 3 games ive seen him in. So we'll never know but theres s good chance our shape would have been better. Cant account for horrific individual mistakes for goals against.

How you can say he has good and bad games and say, especially after that today, that's why he's ahead of others is just mental.

If it makes us lopsided then why are we still playing the same style, 

Of course thats why flanagan is ahead of others, he's clearly our backup fullback as he has played both positions this season when barisic or tab have been out, 

If we are using what they bring to our system as reason not to play them then why bother having defoe, someone who has never excelled as a lone striker in his career, but people defend him saying thats not his game, well flying up and down a wing isnt flanagans game but we expect him to do that for some reason

Today our midfield should be holding their hands up, 3 times away from home this season they have went toe to toe with fighters and shat the bed, inexcusable and thats the main point, not wether our right back got up and down the park or not

8 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Polster done ok.

Defoe anonymous 

Kent poor aswell.

Kamara was to blame for equaliser 

10 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Polster done ok.

Defoe anonymous 

Kent poor aswell.

Pretty good summation . Goldson and Aribo were the only ones to get pass marks from me . Also thought Polster did ok when he came on . 

9 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

No but no one on here blaming Polster for the loss -- the loss was a team e(specially midfield) cluster fuck and whle Flanagan was crap - we cannot lay the defeat at hs door. 

We cant blame him solely but nor should his inclusion/ performance in any way be justified by saying we didn't lose goals when he was on. Which has been mentioned above. That ridiculous logic would allow for saying the 2 subs were more blameworthy than him as they were on when we lost 2 goals. Equally ridiculous.

"We changed the right-back because I didn’t recognise Jon Flanagan in the first half and he was on a yellow card." - Gerrard 

The above quote suggests Gerrard was nowhere near happy with what Flanagan was offering, and worried he'd pick up another yellow. Both correct assertions. And why Flanagan should be bottom of the selection list for RB going forward, and on Gerrards head should he pick him again.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If it makes us lopsided then why are we still playing the same style, 

Of course thats why flanagan is ahead of others, he's clearly our backup fullback as he has played both positions this season when barisic or tab have been out, 

If we are using what they bring to our system as reason not to play them then why bother having defoe, someone who has never excelled as a lone striker in his career, but people defend him saying thats not his game, well flying up and down a wing isnt flanagans game but we expect him to do that for some reason

Today our midfield should be holding their hands up, 3 times away from home this season they have went toe to toe with fighters and shat the bed, inexcusable and thats the main point, not wether our right back got up and down the park or not

It's not the style it's the individual. Flanagan. That's the whole point. And why Gerrard deserves criticism again for picking the shite player who is shite at doing what is expected of him.

I didnt overly criticise against st Mirren as he at least tried to get into advance positions. One of his crosses that didnt hit the 1st man actually ended up with our goal being scored.

But yesterday he reverted to type, and was rank. For me at the level of the midfield.  Which was entirely predictable, and why his inclusion should have been avoided. There was no out ball on the right when he was so defensive, and so shite when he got it.

Polster immediately showed what was needed on the right, and was front footed. Unfortunately after an immediate improvement in our system and play others fucked up costing us goals.

But in no way can that suggest Flanagan was less blameworthy as the goals went lost when he was on. And from now in it has to be Polster or Patterson, as Flanagans much hyped experience isnt worth a fuck.

Archived