Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I think it's a decent enough statement tbh.

It's polite and recognises the teams who voted with us, but re-emphasises the fact that things are not right.

The last line at the end is telling, the status quo cannot hold.

I don't think that statement means we are finished going on that. I hope (as I've said before) our next move is a nuclear move. It has to be. Surely now they've seen the need to escalate this shit to a higher state to get the desired outcome. Whether we do or not is the frustrating thing. It shouldn't even be up for debate.

Spot on.

Do me a favour mate.

Can you write that in the biggest font size so some folk can see and understand it better.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

You tell me.

Hearts might take legal action and maybe we will support it. But I doubt we will take any ourselves.

What I would like to see is us spearhead legal action with hearts and Patrick as I doubt they have the means to see it through. 

Again I really can’t see it coming from especially after that statement.

DP has money burning a hole in his pocket now he doesn’t need to fund an ii. I don’t think it stops here. I don’t think the board are spitting feathers as you said.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

There's that, but in this instance it adding to the us them stance. I think it would be better if they were referred to as the requestioner clubs or something like that

Don't let it bother you SH, that's their attitude or is it "hat he chewed", anyway, rise above it.

7 minutes ago, bornabear said:

You're right mate, I already explained it, but it seems some folk can't or won't read basic English.

I would love us to go down the no confidence route (if we could win it) but we would not win it IMO, clubs had their chance to vote today to find out all the wrongs that the SPFL are hiding and without costing them any money, and they were not prepared to go against Liewell so they will not do it for anything else.  Sad situation.  

2 minutes ago, murzo said:

DP has money burning a hole in his pocket now he doesn’t need to fund an ii. I don’t think it stops here. I don’t think the board are spitting feathers as you said.

Hope not mate. 

This is far from over. The board knew today’s attempt would fail before they even called for an II. 

Im sure they probably hoped to persuade a few more and thereby apply greater pressure but they will have mapped their next move out well in advance. 

We haven’t come this far to meekly surrender now. 

We have crossed the Rubicon. 

Stranraer wont be taking anymore action

Stranraer have bowed out of the fight to force another probe into the SPFL resolution as they fired a “lessons learned” warning to league chiefs.

The Stair Park minnows made up a third of the requisitioners who pushed through Tuesday's EGM.
But they have left it to Rangers and Hearts to decide whether to press ahead with a costly legal challenge.

Nonetheless Stranraer remain bitter over the resolution which they insist forced clubs to relegate them under financial duress.

Vice-chair Shaun Niven lodged the Blues’ vote for the requisition at yesterday’s Zoom call.

And he conceded: “I’m not overly surprised it didn’t get passed although I’m somewhat heartened that almost half of League 1 and 2 clubs supported it.

“I’ve no idea why further up the chain there was such a strong vote against. Maybe they’re more satisfied with their lot at the middle or higher levels.

“Ultimately that’s it for us now. We won’t be in a position to do anything that involves finance such as a legal challenge.

“It’s time for us to put up and shut up and prepare for what’s ahead of us rather than behind us.

“It’s up to Rangers what they want to do now. They’ve certainly not shared anything more with us.

“At least in Murdoch MacLennan’s statement on behalf of the league he recognises there’s a fairly large group that didn’t support their views.

“They are going to have to listen to us and learn lessons. That might improve things for everyone going forward hopefully.”

Stranraer’s deepest concern over the Good Friday vote remains the resolution itself. Niven said: “The fact it conflated three different issues into one was the problem.

“Those being the release of finance to clubs for their end of season payments along with promotion and relegation and then adding reconstruction into the mix.

“Having the three of them in one vote was just ridiculous.

“At the end of the day 38 clubs voted to relegate ourselves, Partick Thistle and Hearts but did they really want to? Or were they voting because of the financial duress they were under?

“That vote was guaranteed to go against us and force us to accept a relegation by ballot rather than on the field of play. That just can’t be right.

“But for us it’s time to prepare for League Two whenever football resumes.

“Effectively from the second week in June we will have no playing staff, it’ll feel like we are in abeyance until we get word we can start again.”

Some of our fans are crying over our statement. Get a grip.

You saw DPs piece on Sunday. We all knew it wouldn't get the required votes. We have the right people in charge fighting our cause... finally.

Our club aren't going to stop.

Some of our fans come off as zoomers and need a bix of tissues every time they get unhappy.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I would love us to go down the no confidence route (if we could win it) but we would not win it IMO, clubs had their chance to vote today to find out all the wrongs that the SPFL are hiding and without costing them any money, and they were not prepared to go against Liewell so they will not do it for anything else.  Sad situation.  

Sometimes, in situations like today, it's like bringing up a child. You try your best to lead them on the right track and when that doesn't work, you have to get more authoritative. The con vote has gone ( too much to achieve with no time to do it) so it's on to the next step.

32 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

What have our board been doing these last few weeks then?

:lol: stoater.

Have you seen the outcome of all that superb work dafty?

Useless gutless fuckers the lot of them , nothin will happen and we will still be loaning out players to everyone of they bastards that knifed us again......

3 minutes ago, Vision said:

Stranraer wont be taking anymore action

Stranraer have bowed out of the fight to force another probe into the SPFL resolution as they fired a “lessons learned” warning to league chiefs.

The Stair Park minnows made up a third of the requisitioners who pushed through Tuesday's EGM.
But they have left it to Rangers and Hearts to decide whether to press ahead with a costly legal challenge.

Nonetheless Stranraer remain bitter over the resolution which they insist forced clubs to relegate them under financial duress.

Vice-chair Shaun Niven lodged the Blues’ vote for the requisition at yesterday’s Zoom call.

And he conceded: “I’m not overly surprised it didn’t get passed although I’m somewhat heartened that almost half of League 1 and 2 clubs supported it.

“I’ve no idea why further up the chain there was such a strong vote against. Maybe they’re more satisfied with their lot at the middle or higher levels.

“Ultimately that’s it for us now. We won’t be in a position to do anything that involves finance such as a legal challenge.

“It’s time for us to put up and shut up and prepare for what’s ahead of us rather than behind us.

“It’s up to Rangers what they want to do now. They’ve certainly not shared anything more with us.

“At least in Murdoch MacLennan’s statement on behalf of the league he recognises there’s a fairly large group that didn’t support their views.

“They are going to have to listen to us and learn lessons. That might improve things for everyone going forward hopefully.”

Stranraer’s deepest concern over the Good Friday vote remains the resolution itself. Niven said: “The fact it conflated three different issues into one was the problem.

“Those being the release of finance to clubs for their end of season payments along with promotion and relegation and then adding reconstruction into the mix.

“Having the three of them in one vote was just ridiculous.

“At the end of the day 38 clubs voted to relegate ourselves, Partick Thistle and Hearts but did they really want to? Or were they voting because of the financial duress they were under?

“That vote was guaranteed to go against us and force us to accept a relegation by ballot rather than on the field of play. That just can’t be right.

“But for us it’s time to prepare for League Two whenever football resumes.

“Effectively from the second week in June we will have no playing staff, it’ll feel like we are in abeyance until we get word we can start again.”

That's a good statement, got a few parting shots in it, the guy's been honest, but at least they put the heads above the parapet.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Useless gutless fuckers the lot of them , nothin will happen and we will still be loaning out players to everyone of they bastards that knifed us again......

You mean the outcome of the club following protocol, which I expect them to continue doing?

Only one dafty here :lol:

We all knew the vote would fail, every single one of us (including our board) from day one.

It was always just about the next step.

We will have to be patient with this, understandably a thing  in short supply with most of us after the shitstorm of the last decade, but we will have to be nonetheless. 

The fact 27 clubs voted against an independent inquiry is just incredible, even taking in to account just how much we are hated in this country. 

Those clubs obviously don't give a flying fuck about the integrity of our national sport, just as long as they can stick it up Rangers. Nothing else matters to them.

I really hope they all get their karma one day soon.

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

You mean the outcome of the club following protocol, which I expect them to continue doing?

Only one dafty here :lol:

They have proved to be useless gutless bastards time after time.

You are deluded , fuck all is happening other than a fine for us at the end of it , which they will pay without a whimper.

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Ok oh wise one, pray tell me how you would have done it. I await with baited breath.

Fair fuck's to Stranraer.

They tried.
They done the right thing.
They issued a few parting shots.
They've bowed out gracefully.

They don't have the resources/finances to fight it. 

They've no choice but to accept it and move on best they can. Wish them all the best. 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You are deluded , fuck all is happening other than a fine for us at the end of it , which they will pay without a whimper.

nobody listens!

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

He’s a Partick Thistle fan pal.

Ignore him.

2 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Let the clearout of Scottish football begin. 

42 clubs has always been far too many anyway. No-one will miss the clubs who die. 

Fuck them. 

I have always been of the belief that one of the worst things that could happen to any football fan would be to lose their club. I still do but your post has finally changed my mind. Not just yours, there have been many. However what is screwing Scottish football is that most clubs are struggling to survive and are easily persuaded by predators, sorry predator. That gives predator a big advantage, so fuck them. I agree there are too many teams, tough.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

Ok oh wise one, pray tell me how you would have done it. I await with baited breath.

I would have got the dossier detailing each and every piece of corruption and actually named names who we know are behind it, and went straight to FIFA , side stepping anything to do with the SFA. As long as its all kept hush in this country we are never getting any joy from any of this........

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Get off the sauce ya walloper.

Archived