Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes that sounds right, but how do we get past the SFA  to get to UEFA ? That is a genuine question not trying to be smart.  

I think there will be someone for us to contact when it gets to that stage. 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Totally agree mate, I will be doing the same, staying away for a while.

I know fine well we will still be looking in regularly :lol: but the pressure is now off for a bit until we see what the Club are going to do. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

I think there will be someone for us to contact when it gets to that stage. 

What I mean mate,  is do we have to put it to the SFA first (and we know they are every bit as bad as the SPFL) and probably be rejected before we can go further ? 

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes that sounds right, but how do we get past the SFA  to get to UEFA ? That is a genuine question not trying to be smart.  

The SFA would be the next step but I’m pretty sure they won’t go against the Spfl. 
so uefa would be the next step mate 

BBC Scotland chief sports writer Tom English

And so the spin begins. Twenty-seven votes against having an independent inquiry and 13 votes for; 64% of clubs against the investigation into the SPFL's corporate governance and 31% went in favour.

If you're Neil Doncaster and the SPFL board you're saying that enough clubs have spoken and this should be the end of the most divisive chapter in the history of the organisation. If you're on the other side you're pointing out that one third of the top flight want this examination to take place and that 40% of the First and Second Division clubs combined gave their backing to the inquiry. 

Save for Inverness, the Championship was a wipeout for those who were calling for a probe into what went on or didn't go on. The numbers are there to be interpreted and fought over - and they will be. Nothing will change there. We now know the result but, in a sense, we don't know the endgame because it's highly improbable that the story ends here regardless of the SPFL board wanting that to be the case. 

Rangers said at the weekend "this episode is far from finished". We await their next move. And their next statement. And the ones from different places that come in its wake. Seconds out. Round two.

1 minute ago, RAFREG said:

The SFA would be the next step but I’m pretty sure they won’t go against the Spfl. 

I agree about not going against the SPFL, they are all controlled by the same person IMO. :pipe:

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

What I mean mate,  is do we have to put it to the SFA first (and we know they are every bit as bad as the SPFL) and probably be rejected before we can go further ? 

Ah right no sure. I honestly think if we threaten them with our next step what ever that may be, all 3 of them will walk. They weren't expecting 13 clubs to vote our way today, we just have to make sure we jump right on it as soon as they make a mistake which won't be long. I wonder if Park talking about an article when one of them said about not liking Rangers a few years back is going to pop up again. When a top QC has told Rangers something doesn't add up Rangers won't drop it. I don't think it will get to court but if it does it might not be only 3 guys losing their jobs.  Said all along anyone getting relegated not played all their games is shocking. 

5 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Ah right no sure. I honestly think if we threaten them with our next step what ever that may be, all 3 of them will walk. They weren't expecting 13 clubs to vote our way today, we just have to make sure we jump right on it as soon as they make a mistake which won't be long. I wonder if Park talking about an article when one of them said about not liking Rangers a few years back is going to pop up again. When a top QC has told Rangers something doesn't add up Rangers won't drop it. I don't think it will get to court but if it does it might not be only 3 guys losing their jobs.  Said all along anyone getting relegated not played all their games is shocking. 

Interesting post mate, we will just have to wait and see where it goes next. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I hope you are right but how would we win that vote ?

I cannot see where the backing for that would come from. I obviously hope I am wrong.

We need something more in terms of evidence or fuck ups by spfl.

No one in Ibrox thought it would go through so we’ve clearly got some sort of plan. Whether it’s good enough is another thing 

20 minutes ago, RAFREG said:

Before you can go to UEFA you have to pass through the SFA.

However, why would you be afraid of the SFA not acting properly against the SPFL when these aims are taken straight from their website? ...

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/

Football Governance is an integral part of the Scottish FA’s role as the national governing body, encompassing the key regulatory functions of Anti-Doping, Child Wellbeing & Protection, Club Licensing, Disciplinary, Security & Integrity and Player Registrations.

The Scottish FA is firmly committed to the principles of good governance: we ensure that fairness, transparency, equity and integrity are at the heart of all we do. We endeavour to maintain robust and relevant rules, policies and practices by implementing a process of continuous improvement, taking on board views of key stakeholders and the constantly evolving cultural and environmental landscape within the game.

Especially with these board members ...

The main Board consists of eight members: the Scottish FA Office Bearers (Rod Petrie, President; Ian Maxwell, Chief Executive; and Michael Mulraney, Vice President), plus Neil Doncaster (PGB), Duncan Fraser (PGB), Thomas McKeown (NPGB) and independent non-executive directors, Ana Stewart and Malcolm Kpedekpo.

12 minutes ago, 72barca said:

Before you can go to UEFA you have to pass through the SFA.

However, why would you be afraid of the SFA not acting properly against the SPFL when these aims are taken straight from their website? ...

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/

Football Governance is an integral part of the Scottish FA’s role as the national governing body, encompassing the key regulatory functions of Anti-Doping, Child Wellbeing & Protection, Club Licensing, Disciplinary, Security & Integrity and Player Registrations.

The Scottish FA is firmly committed to the principles of good governance: we ensure that fairness, transparency, equity and integrity are at the heart of all we do. We endeavour to maintain robust and relevant rules, policies and practices by implementing a process of continuous improvement, taking on board views of key stakeholders and the constantly evolving cultural and environmental landscape within the game.

Especially with these board members ...

The main Board consists of eight members: the Scottish FA Office Bearers (Rod Petrie, President; Ian Maxwell, Chief Executive; and Michael Mulraney, Vice President), plus Neil Doncaster (PGB), Duncan Fraser (PGB), Thomas McKeown (NPGB) and independent non-executive directors, Ana Stewart and Malcolm Kpedekpo.

Just a gut feeling mate 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Can't really blame Stranraer as they are a really small club  and just don't have the money. Seen Aberdeen as well which is just embarrassing for them. Be interesting to see what Hearts do as she has came out and said it will cost them £3mil if they are relagated. Just hope we don't shit ourselves now. 

They stand behind us that’s all we ask. 
Instead they go crawling back home with their tails between their legs. 

You know what the most disturbing thing throughout this whole sorry saga is and sums it up,   BBC had closed their live Scotland reporting web-page this evening with a summary of today's main headlines  The bullet point list had these two stories in the order detailed below:

* SPFL clubs rejected an independent investigation into April's vote to end the lower-league season in Scotland.

* A further 50 people have died after testing positive for coronavirus, taking the Scottish total to 1, 912

The fact that they had the SPFL story higher up on the list than the deaths of poor souls affected by this horrible virus, just reiterates how scumbags at the Paedo FC, the SPFL and all their chums deemed getting a tainted trophy to that Mhob was of more importance than about being concerned for everyone's health and well being during such a difficult time.  They will off course spin the narrative that it is all Rangers fault. We know however that the Scum who have caused this whole mess have no shame, no dignity, no morals, corrupt to the core and are the shame of a nation. Totally abhorrent 

10 hours ago, Almacger said:

You know what the most disturbing thing throughout this whole sorry saga is and sums it up,   BBC had closed their live Scotland reporting web-page this evening with a summary of today's main headlines  The bullet point list had these two stories in the order detailed below:

* SPFL clubs rejected an independent investigation into April's vote to end the lower-league season in Scotland.

* A further 50 people have died after testing positive for coronavirus, taking the Scottish total to 1, 912

The fact that they had the SPFL story higher up on the list than the deaths of poor souls affected by this horrible virus, just reiterates how scumbags at the Paedo FC, the SPFL and all their chums deemed getting a tainted trophy to that Mhob was of more importance than about being concerned for everyone's health and well being during such a difficult time.  They will off course spin the narrative that it is all Rangers fault. We know however that the Scum who have caused this whole mess have no shame, no dignity, no morals, corrupt to the core and are the shame of a nation. Totally abhorrent 

Also spinning it, in that we were wanting investigation of what were, in our opinion, serious failures of administration and governance - not just ‘ending the lower-league season in Scotland’.

Sweep, sweep, sweep.....

A light has been shone on the SPFL’s governance and regardless of the attempts to debunk our report, there is widespread acknowledgment that it highlighted serious issues and failings which remain to be addressed.

A management culture which not only fears accountability and scrutiny, but which actively campaigns against it, is unhealthy and breeds continued mistrust. This culture, so deeply embedded, must be addressed if Scottish football is to flourish.

It is clear that many members have lost confidence in the SPFL leadership and the need for change will not diminish.

The status quo cannot hold.

This is a good statement imo. Measured and concise. It’s not a howitzer that some may have hoped for but it doesn’t miss for me👍🏻.  Keep up the good fight Rangers.

Archived