Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

In a way I can see your point but would it work...say killie stick with the one stand mantra from last season, it would be good to say...."nah yer awrite m8...keep yer tickets " the problem I have is that to balance their books they would most likely give the tarriers both stands....they then have both ends which could prove pivotal in driving the team onto victory....if we on the other hand dropped points it would be a severe own goal as killie wouldn't be financially hit....St Johnstone, Motherwell, Ross county etc etc would be an option as those allocations can't be altered...as much as I think we should starve them of money the team still needs backing away from home....stop spending money at all food outlets would be a start 

It's a good point. It's all very well refusing tickets, but we WILL be shooting ourselves in the foot to an extent too. Apart from what you mention, simply having a noisy support at grounds helps us. That's beyond doubt. So if we're saying refuse tickets, are we also saying we're willing to risk it costing us points?

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

By the way, I noticed last night on RC Roger Hannah tried to muddy the waters by suggesting that the original Private Eye article didn't actually name McLennan is the one alleged to have used derogatory language about Rangers. Which is an absolute bare-faced lie.  

Rangers can't, yet, push the narrative of him hating us. But we as fans should be at all opportunities. And Rangers should be suggesting that the likes of McCoist and Boyd mention the PE articles when the opportunity arises. Hasn't been enough focus on he and McKenzie yet. Hannah needs challenging on his response too.

How did McLennan pass the FFP for the SPFL job after being involved with the phone hacking scandal?

31 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If a company had 10000 shareholders and  over 3000 were against the managerial team, in a normal company what would the procedure be?

Probably many ways of regaining members trust ,One way that’s never going to regain trust is carrying on regardless 

If they really want to do the best for the game they need to walk away ,for the greater good ,But no they will carry on ,wounds won’t be healed ,they will become deeper ,The cats out the bag ,Plenty knew they were inept and now it’s been shown in full public view even more know that they are incompetent at best and corrupt at worst ,

Absolutley crazy that they can be portrayed by some as actually winning this fight 

37 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How did McLennan pass the FFP for the SPFL job after being involved with the phone hacking scandal?

I doubt any of that could be used to stop him under FPP. Wasn't actually involved in it  just backed, then employed the utter bastard that was centre of it.

Haven't seen that before, SH. The above having been said, it's yet another astonishing reflection of the character that the SPFL have decided should be their Chairman. It's perhaps the worst thing I've seen about him tbh. Shows him up as a moral vacuum. And that's our SPFL Chairman, ladies and gents. Someone that backs and then hires phone hacking filth.

Again, we need to be asking Journos up here about this. Just their thoughts on it. Again and again.

30 minutes ago, Inigo said:

By the way, I noticed last night on RC Roger Hannah tried to muddy the waters by suggesting that the original Private Eye article didn't actually name McLennan is the one alleged to have used derogatory language about Rangers. Which is an absolute bare-faced lie.  

Rangers can't, yet, push the narrative of him hating us. But we as fans should be at all opportunities. And Rangers should be suggesting that the likes of McCoist and Boyd mention the PE articles when the opportunity arises. Hasn't been enough focus on he and McKenzie yet. Hannah needs challenging on his response too.

Funny how it’s ok to join up the dots of innuendo on one side but we are told to ignore the innuendo on the other side 

They tried the same with McKenzie years ago using the ,oh he’s just a low level paper gatherer 

Both McKenzie and McLennan have comments in public that show they can’t be professional and unbiased in any dealings with out club 

But then again it’s innuendo from us that these comments mean they can’t be trusted ,So long as they have media lackies spouting pish that these are professional people who are trustworthy they will cling on by their finger nails 

7 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Probably many ways of regaining members trust ,One way that’s never going to regain trust is carrying on regardless 

If they really want to do the best for the game they need to walk away ,for the greater good ,But no they will carry on ,wounds won’t be healed ,they will become deeper ,The cats out the bag ,Plenty knew they were inept and now it’s been shown in full public view even more know that they are incompetent at best and corrupt at worst ,

Absolutley crazy that they can be portrayed by some as actually winning this fight 

The best way to regain members trust is to have an independent inquiry. Oh wait a minute. 

38 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I doubt any of that could be used to stop him under FPP. Wasn't actually involved in it  just backed, then employed the utter bastard that was centre of it.

Haven't seen that before, SH. The above having been said, it's yet another astonishing reflection of the character that the SPFL have decided should be their Chairman. It's perhaps the worst thing I've seen about him tbh. Shows him up as a moral vacuum. And that's our SPFL Chairman, ladies and gents. Someone that backs and then hires phone-hacking filth.

Again, need to be asking Journos up here about this. Just their thoughts on it.. 

Agreed. Maybe they could ask him about refusing to cover negative stories about the banking giant - and lucrative advertiser - because of the commercial implications. Sound familiar to the way no journalist can report negative stories about cfc. https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/who-murdoch-maclennan-fleet-street-giant-peter-oborne-blames-destroying-daily-telegraph-1488524

He sounds like he was a bully to journalists when they write this about him

On the wall of Murdoch MacLennan's office, there used to be a cartoon of him in a toga, wearing a crazed smile and holding a knife, with a trail of blood and bodies behind him. "Massivus knifus" was the cod-Latin caption.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/if-even-will-lewis-isnt-safe-from-maclennan-who-is-1968940.html

Edit: no wonder he refers to bullying as robust conversations

A circumstantial arguement can be powerful in court. One incident in isolation can be put down to error. But if you can point to many such incidents over a period of time then that greatly strengthens your case. 

I am no lawyer so just my 2 cents worth.

40 minutes ago, Inigo said:

By the way, I noticed last night on RC Roger Hannah tried to muddy the waters by suggesting that the original Private Eye article didn't actually name McLennan as the one alleged to have used derogatory language about Rangers. Which is an absolute bare-faced lie.  

I must of missed that tbh, I remember  the old boy having his rant and he asked Gordon Duncan why in any of his interviews with ND if he had asked the question to MMC....to which GD replied that he would maybe ask MMC if he ever interviewed him...he then went on to say that it was based on someone overhearing him make the comments, almost alluding to it being made up

Last Rangers away game that I went to was in Vienna and I have not been to an away league match in something like 30 years. Maybe get to Ibrox once every 2/3 years so I am not really in a position to comment about taking away tickets next season.

However ignorance of a subject has never stopped me from expressing an opinion in the past so here goes.

If the club to speaks out that will simply be portrayed as spiteful so any such action must be fan led. I would take the first televised away game against a no voter and watch the pundits try to explain away the complete lack of an away support. Keep hammering home our valid disgust.

Embarrassing? Really Sliteyes? That coming from the club that laid siege to the SFA at every turn;

got McDonald sacked because of actually eventually making the correct decision

Got Dallas sacked for a joke

Got mccurry forced to quit because as a church minister  he had his parish sing simply the best about God

Have an on going internal 2,3,4 ???year investigation into systematic child abuse at their club

Then we have UEFA being checked;

Got through two CL qualifiers not on the pitch but by going through paperwork to look for flaws

That is embarrassing 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

It's a good point. It's all very well refusing tickets, but we WILL be shooting ourselves in the foot to an extent too. Apart from what you mention, simply having a noisy support at grounds helps us. That's beyond doubt. So if we're saying refuse tickets, are we also saying we're willing to risk it costing us points?

I've been of that opinion, until now. Love my aways but I'm done. Europe only for me. Short term pain for longer term gain is needed. We NEED to hurt the clubs who support the scum dictatorship, who facilitate denying independent investigations, who want to side with bullies and have status quo remaining.

I'd love the club to refuse tickets to aways. I hope many RSCs and independents dont apply for them. Any that do go should buy not a single thing from them be it pies, drinks, programmes. I'll not have a go at others for going, but it is hypocritical if they blame Board for not doing enough to get us to the top again. Something needs to change and we the support have it in our wallets to make it happen. 

This is quite an emotive subject and probs best on another thread.👍

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Embarrassing? Really Sliteyes? That coming from the club that laid siege to the SFA at every turn;

got McDonald sacked because of actually eventually making the correct decision

Got Dallas sacked for a joke

Got mccurry forced to quit because as a church minister  he had his parish sing simply the best about God

Have an on going internal 2,3,4 ???year investigation into systematic child abuse at their club

Then we have UEFA being checked;

Got through two CL qualifiers not on the pitch but by going through paperwork to look for flaws

That is embarrassing 

But successful.

And we now as a club and support need to do everything and anything to counter it and take them down in any way possible.

53 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We has 50,000 fans at ibrox and dropped plenty of points.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

For me Rangers were the victims of corporate espionage by certain individuals who blamed SDM and his pal in the bank for refusing them a loan. 

Not disputing that, nor my point, as it does not explain the widespread hatred that existed then and remains with us today.

Success breeds contempt. We saw it down south with ManU to a degree and everyone now happy they fell off their perch.

Up here we not only have the sectarian divide in the mix, but a political divide with those in power anti everything we stand for. Throw in a compliant media and the haters are well empowered to do their worst both on and off the park.

It's now a way of life and the visible hatred of us is worn as a badge of honour.

They say life with this Coronavirus is the new norm and need to live with it, but we have being living with the taig variety for twenty years now and the time for living with it is well and truly over.

Time to hit back. There is no vaccine, no medication, just the will to do it.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've been of that opinion, until now. Love my aways but I'm done. Europe only for me. Short term pain for longer term gain is needed. We NEED to hurt the clubs who support the scum dictatorship, who facilitate denying independent investigations, who want to side with bullies and have status quo remaining.

I'd love the club to refuse tickets to aways. I hope many RSCs and independents dont apply for them. Any that do go should buy not a single thing from them be it pies, drinks, programmes. I'll not have a go at others for going, but it is hypocritical if they blame Board for not doing enough to get us to the top again. Something needs to change and we the support have it in our wallets to make it happen. 

This is quite an emotive subject and probs beat on another thread.

Best have a thousand or so, that way they need to provide staff for pie stand, stewards, etc. Gives the team some backing and tbf, will probably out number most home supporters of these clubs.

It would then raise the question, who goes.

boycott their stadiums then buy their best players for dirt cheap. Let them rely on the scum filling up their stadiums.

Perhaps instead of fans going to away games we could organise Rangers away day areas where we could use that time to beneft the club.

someone could think of better suggestions than me but i believe if we used our energy and time differently then we could achieve more while watching the teams that hate us die off.

After all we do not just put money into their stadiums. But the businesses around it generates alot from our support.

I first witnessed the spending power of our fans at manchester.  They absolute love and hate it when we visit. They hate us for what we stand for but they cant live without us.

we need to put an end to their misery.

45 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Should’ve been told in no uncertain terms that we won’t take morality lessons from a man who covered up a paedophile ring and continues to do so.

It might be time to slip in a few low blows.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Time to hit back. There is no vaccine, no medication, just the will to do it.

The absolute way to hit back is not statements, salvos or court cases.  

the one and only way to hit back is simply to win things. League’s and cups are our Girfuy.  It’s as simple as that.  
We can winge and moan about media hatred and political bias and fucking moonhowlers none of that will change and has been like that for 30 years. the lot of them can go fuck themselves in their cuntish cabals we should care not a jot.  Let them pish the bed dreaming of their next attack.  

They can’t play up front or in goals for the opposition can they.   

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Dont think I've ever been as fired up for a season as I am for next season. All the shit we've put up with I hope we can ram it down their throats this time next year.

I’m not going to lie mate I feel a little deflated going into next season,  aye we landed a couple of blows but these cunts have just shook it off and will carry on as before, maybe a little more cautious of us.

Football side let’s face it we were in free fall after the winter break team was a shambles at times, players heads were down,  there’s nothing yet to fill me with optimism that things will change.

Hopefully a few new faces over the summer and further action against the spfl will change my mood.  

Archived