Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

Look, imagine if the SPFL wrote something along the lines of this;

"We thank Rangers for raising their concerns in the form of the dossier, however after reading the document in full, we at the SPFL do not feel there is justification for a second investigation."

"In an effort to extinguish some of the concerns Rangers and other member clubs have about the SPFL's corporate governance during this difficult time we would like to answer each point being raised in the dossier."

"If member clubs still feel an external investigation is required, we  then of course will adhere to the decision made at the EGM. However, if this fails and does not gather the support required, I hope we can move forward as one and try to ensure the health of Scottish football during the Coronovirus epidemic."

"It should be noted Rangers have a right, as does any other member club, to raise concerns they may have about corporate governance. We welcome this input as it will aid our own improvement, and help to keep up healthy communications between us and all our member clubs. "

Obviously I'm not statement writer, but do you not think something like that would be more professional, and more likely to garner support and sink the EGM than what they're putting out there?

I honestly wonder how, I can see this, and I'm unemployed, and these people are earning god knows how much spouting such inflammatory nonsense which actually worsens their position.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Punishment for following the complaints procedures.

Kim Jong-un is a saint compared to this mob

They are framing it as a leak of commercially sensitive material.

I’ve seen at least 4 different folk calling for Rangers to be punished in one way or the other (for all this in general, not the sensitive information). We all know this would be different if another Glasgow club had instigated all this.

4 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

A wee prediction of how this will play out.Investigation gets voted down, Rangers and others possibly about to take them to court and they resign claiming the online abuse/ death threats ( possibly sectarian ) by the big bad Rangers fans, which they don't have a copy of and hasn't been reported to police was making them and their families feel unsafe. Tim misdemeanor playbook 101.

Or the Masonic establishment dark forces were at play 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

They are framing it as a leak of commercially sensitive material.

I’ve seen at least 4 different folk calling for Rangers to be punished in one way or the other. We all know this would be different if another Glasgow club had instigated all this.

That's fine as long as those that leaked it to the spfl get punished to of course.

It's all just another case of trying to isolate big bad Rangers from others.

If they hope throwing mud sticks before the EGM by posting that letter they have severely miscalculated. This vote may end up closer than we think but what it will do is expose the spfl and the rotten core who support them.

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Record reporting the we have been threatening the SPFL now. Apparently Park threatened Doncaster in a call. 😂😂😂😂😂

That will have an air of truth ,

Park ,Neil you have made a cunt of things we want you suspended 

16 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Punishment for following the complaints procedures.

Kim Jong-un is a saint compared to this mob

Punishment ?

Nope , no threats to see here .

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

That will have an air of truth ,

Park ,Neil you have made a cunt of things we want you suspended 

Was hoping more he threatened to to his jaw. 😀

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Only in scotland could the authorities deny railroading a voting process and do just that whilst writing to clubs saying they should vote against a member proposal.

The game is fucked, utterly fucked, in this corrupt backwards cesspit of ours.

I wouldn't have thought it was in their remit to advice the clubs on how to vote . 

It is not the job of the SPFL to suggest how clubs should vote. Up to the clubs to decide for themselves. More evidence of corporate failure. They have got away with so much over the years that they believe they are untouchable.

I wonder if that statement is enough for us to sue them for defamation. Certainly a question for the board to ask their lawyers.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The SPFL again saying we’ve accused them of Corruption. I can’t remember seeing that. If not true a Lawyers letter should be sent.

We haven't accused anyone of that. That's on another level if we had that evidence ffs

10 minutes ago, Swally said:

Look, imagine if the SPFL wrote something along the lines of this;

"We thank Rangers for raising their concerns in the form of the dossier, however after reading the document in full, we at the SPFL do not feel there is justification for a second investigation."

"In an effort to extinguish some of the concerns Rangers and other member clubs have about the SPFL's corporate governance during this difficult time we would like to answer each point being raised in the dossier."

"If member clubs still feel an external investigation is required, we  then of course will adhere to the decision made at the EGM. However, if this fails and does not gather the support required, I hope we can move forward as one and try to ensure the health of Scottish football during the Coronovirus epidemic."

"It should be noted Rangers have a right, as does any other member club, to raise concerns they may have about corporate governance. We welcome this input as it will aid our own improvement, and help to keep up healthy communications between us and all our member clubs. "

Obviously I'm not statement writer, but do you not think something like that would be more professional, and more likely to garner support and sink the EGM than what they're putting out there?

I honestly wonder how, I can see this, and I'm unemployed, and these people are earning god knows how much spouting such inflammatory nonsense which actually worsens their position.

Spot on Swally

Just to add the tone and content of our dossier (or so-called dossier if you're a bitter twisted taig) was professional and measured as has been the follow up by Stewart Robertson

Archived