Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gmcf said:

And to think all we've asked for is an independent inquiry :lol:

A quite straightforward request that no innocent party should have an issue with the SPFL s response has been :bangbang: not the actions of people with nothing to hide.

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

There really is no other option for our support than to boycott clubs now.

This is the first season I’ll not be signing up efor away games. 👍🏻

35 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

To me it’s looking like we were looking at Sky to take over the sponsorship void left by Ladbrokes 

The monies due back to broadcasters which includes BT and Sky only Sky remain a partner after this season ,so cutting any deals with BT are highly unlikely 

and surly that’s where commercial confidentiality comes in and we should have struck a deal with BT to get them off our back

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

I can’t read any more of that. It makes me too angry. Scottish football should be left to die.

This has been coming for a while, I expected nothing less than the tactics and warped narrative that has been spun since we raised our heads above the parapet. I think we are all angry but for once of late, both proud and confident at the way the club are going about their business in confronting this issue👍...

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

and surly that’s where commercial confidentiality comes in and we should have struck a deal with BT to get them off our back

Would that not need a final decision on what is happening with the league ,as it stands the party line is we are still trying to play the season out ,playing the season out could mean more games on TV 

4 hours ago, SteveEarle said:

"Not being able to trust or have confidence in people that you are getting full information makes it very, very difficult.

"Personally and as a club we have lost confidence in the way they are running the organisation," Robertson added.

"What we can't be is in a situation where the first answer you get to every question is 'no you can't do that, you're not allowed to do that in the rules'. Well, let's look at changing the rules then.

"That's one of my frustrations and this has really brought it to the boil."

Soon after the publication of the dossier, the SPFL said it contained "not one single shred of evidence to support Rangers' vociferous claims of corruption, bullying and coercion by SPFL staff".

Robertson insisted that Rangers "never" made any of those claims "anywhere".

"It's a complete deflection away from the point we should be discussing, which is the failings of the executive in the build-up to this vote," he said.

:tu:

Good find mate ....... these last parts are what stick out for me as they needed to be said ..... and whatever our differences of opinion on SR are ...... the above  comments from him are spot on and something we have all to some degree come to agreement on in this thread.

The bit in bold is the one that says it all about the present executive ..... who have been like hares out the traps when commanded ... to change or make up "the rules" in the past when it came to us ...... and was to our detriment. 

🇬🇧

Has any other national footballing body gone under such tension? 

Surely ours isn't the only one where the corrupt hands from one singular club sit in the pockets of the many?

Juventus years ago were done for match fixing; did that run into the governing bodies though?

Gone pretty much as expected. 

Attempting to discredit our dossier and now an all out assault via their pals in the media.  

If they had nothing to hide they would welcome this independent investigation. They are sticking to the costs narrative.

I think our club should call their bluff now. Advise the other clubs we will pay for investigation, if nothing is found. 

This is going to be a long battle for sure. We can't back down. 

4 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

All this does is further enhance my desire to see as many clubs in Scotland as possible go to the wall.

With you all the way on this.
The sad fact is,if you're a 2 bob outfit hoping to get Rangers in a cup draw,it will only take 2 bob to get up and running after the start up.

3 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Has any other national footballing body gone under such tension? 

Surely ours isn't the only one where the corrupt hands from one singular club sit in the pockets of the many?

Juventus years ago were done for match fixing; did that run into the governing bodies though?

Iv said for ages this goes as close to match fixing as it gets ,but when it’s so loaded they are the ones calling the shots from all key positions of power and won’t be punishing themselves ,the whole game needs cleaned from top to bottom and start again and if that means suspension from European competition while it happens well needs must 

Like him or hate him, English is a proper journalist. He tells it the way it is and has literally skills to emphasize his points. In saying that, Gary Ralston still wins 'article of the day' by a long shot. 

More should have been made of the Deloitte audit.  SPFL essentially saying they are happy to be scrutinised, as long as they tell you the parameters. Ask for anything wider and they lobby clubs to vote no.

A member club should simply ask the SPFL who instigated the Deloittes audit? 

Who authorised it? 

Who set the parameters? 

How long did it take? 

How much did it cost? 

Who paid for it? 

Where is the full report?

Surely, if asked by one of their member clubs (owners) then they must respond to these questions.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

More should have been made of the Deloitte audit.  SPFL essentially saying they are happy to be scrutinised, as long as they tell you the parameters. Ask for anything wider and they lobby clubs to vote no.

A member club should simply ask the SPFL who instigated the Deloittes audit? 

Who authorised it? 

Who set the parameters? 

How long did it take? 

How much did it cost? 

Who paid for it? 

Where is the full report?

Surely, if asked by one of their member clubs (owners) then they must respond to these questions.

Here’s my best guesses to your questions fwiw

The Fat Jap

The Fat Jap

Enough time for The Fat Jap to tell the auditor what to write (Probably 5 mins)

Fuck all other than a bit of hospitality at The Paedodome

See Above

There Wasn’t One

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Wow, just caught up at last.

So nothing really happened this morning, just the inevitable.

In all honesty, Maclennan's letter is pretty big news and in my opinion, it puts them deeper in the swamp.

Clubs who are planning to vote against an independent inquiry better think long and hard before they do because it will leave a dark cloud over their heads and tie them to an organization that has no doubt been found out.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Like him or hate him, English is a proper journalist. He tells it the way it is and has literally skills to emphasize his points. In saying that, Gary Ralston still wins 'article of the day' by a long shot. 

English is a rat fenian bastard whos never told it the way it is for years. I wouldnt be fooled by anything hes coming out with now , its only a matter of time till he toes the line again.........

Archived