In the stadium?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Worst seat I’ve had was the wee holding cell under the Main Stand.  Couldn’t see a thing!!

Ooft Killie at home and after trying twice to get in pished I sampled that view. 2001 I'm sure. 

Not the best. 

Let out of the Helen Street Hilton at 11pm and when I got home I had got my Correct Score  Double up. 

Got my phone call on the Monday from Ibrox Security to ask why I was removed. 

Made up some excuse about a bad pint reacting with my made up medication. 

Didn't even get a fine after all the dust settled. 

14 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Ooft Killie at home and after trying twice to get in pished I sampled that view. 2001 I'm sure. 

Not the best. 

Let out of the Helen Street Hilton at 11pm and when I got home I had got my Correct Score  Double up. 

Got my phone call on the Monday from Ibrox Security to ask why I was removed. 

Made up some excuse about a bad pint reacting with my made up medication. 

Didn't even get a fine after all the dust settled. 

:lol: Lucky you mate.  ST taken off me.

Been in a hundred different seats and never complained about any one of them.
Think the top row in The Copland (coulda been AA) was fuckin funny to have no cunt behind you,although the seat I use at the moment is last row BF5 against the wall,which was exactly below a previous ST in BR5.
My favourite ST was GF nearly on the halfway line and probably row L.
I just love to sit in Ibrox and even like the view when we used to go for lunch Friday afternoons. 

The front of the Govan rear or rear of the Govan front in the middle is hard to beat for an all rounder.

Up in clubdeck with the birds is a good view but can be like watching subbuteo if you’re  up the back, pish atmosphere.

The Broomloan for a sing song but views not amazing.

Never sat in the Copland.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

The view from. The Govan of the main stand is one of the finest sights in football 

As you walk up the steps from the concourse the main stand comes into view step by step, it gets me every time.

Sat in the Director's box on many an occasion...................as a youngster at reserve games when it used to be half empty.

And  sat on all three terracing white walls  as a youngster. When we were around 11 or 12 a wee gang of us used to sit on the wall behind the goal we were attacking, in quieter games,  then run round to the other end wall for the second half. 

Altogether have been in three different terraces, four  different stands and one enclosure at Ibrox.

Stood in the old broomloan but not the copland 

Stood & sat in both the enclosures 

Sat in the original main stand (wooden seats) but not as it's current condition 

Sat in the club deck and all other rear & front of the other 3 stands

Sat in govan west corner but not the east corner

Sat/stood in all areas of the stadium, incl the away corner (European game around 2010 no away fans). Had ST CF 3 rows down from the exit inline with the 18yd line nearest the Govan stand. Now got ST in the SJR  nearest Copland end. My oldest has a view middle of SJR perfect but pays over a ton more than I do for that privilege. I even been on the roof of the SJR one of the best views ever just not for the faint hearted or those scared of heights.

Never been in the away fans corner but have been in all stands, top middle and bottom tiers. I dont have season ticket so it's nice to sit in different places but I think the copland is my favourite stand 

10 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I have sat and stood on every part of the stadium apart from the away corner teams now get. Favourite view is from SJ Rear, phenomenal view.

Favourite for atmosphere was standing in the east enclosure.

Fuckin loved the East enclosure in my young days, If the game was a bit slow the patter around you was worth the ticket price alone 

Sat in the "away" corner once many years ago, wouldn't buy a corner ticket with bad money, curvature of the pitch means you can't see the ball from a corner in the opposite corner 

Don't get to as many games as I'd like to these days but when I do it's usually the club deck, great view of the whole game even though my eyes can't always identify individuals 😎 and atmosphere lacking, But I'm too old to bounce for 90mins like a did early 90s 😁

As for OPs question only place I haven't been is directors box, Maybe one day but need to start they euromilions thingys 

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

As you walk up the steps from the concourse the main stand comes into view step by step, it gets me every time.

Only been in the Govan a couple of times and I know what you mean, The main stand /club deck is one of the greatest sights on this planet, Somehow its not the same from the Broomloan or Copland, 

Strange scenario, When you see it you really wish you were sitting their but ironically you wouldn't see its wonder 🙄

Been all over the ground. Best for me was the enclosure when it was standing and nobody else could, Season ticket for years was Copland Front, Great guys around me and always had a chat and a catch up. Never sat in Broomloan but been everywhere else. Mate and his dad have the v. expensive seats next to the directors box and there is fuck all atmosphere but great view fair enough.

Watching the game from the Club Deck is like watching Subutteo up a ladder with ear defenders on.  I also dislike watching from behind the goals or at an angle to the pitch.   Govan front for me.

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Fuckin loved the East enclosure in my young days, If the game was a bit slow the patter around you was worth the ticket price alone 

Sat in the "away" corner once many years ago, wouldn't buy a corner ticket with bad money, curvature of the pitch means you can't see the ball from a corner in the opposite corner 

Don't get to as many games as I'd like to these days but when I do it's usually the club deck, great view of the whole game even though my eyes can't always identify individuals 😎 and atmosphere lacking, But I'm too old to bounce for 90mins like a did early 90s 😁

As for OPs question only place I haven't been is directors box, Maybe one day but need to start they euromilions thingys 

Even in the early to mid 80s where crowds were crap and there was hee haw atmosphere the banter in the enclosure was great.  Used to love moving between east and west depending on what goal Rangers were attacking.

I do remember one mat, think it was against Dundee, we had an old guy (probably that age I am now) was the loudest, angriest person I had ever seen at that time was at it the whole first half. At half time we moved to the other enclosure as per normal, thinking that's us away from that lunatic. Just as second half kicks off I hear the voice again, the bugger had followed us round, 'alright boys' with a big grin on his face. He was sound once we got talking to him but bloody hell no one was safe from his anger.

18 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Even in the early to mid 80s where crowds were crap and there was hee haw atmosphere the banter in the enclosure was great.  Used to love moving between east and west depending on what goal Rangers were attacking.

I do remember one mat, think it was against Dundee, we had an old guy (probably that age I am now) was the loudest, angriest person I had ever seen at that time was at it the whole first half. At half time we moved to the other enclosure as per normal, thinking that's us away from that lunatic. Just as second half kicks off I hear the voice again, the butter had followed us round, 'alright boys' with a big grin on his face. He was sound once we got talking to him but bloody hell no one was safe from his anger.

Late 80s was my first experience of the East Emclosure ,a new set of characters every week loved it ,

First old firm game I went to was a 1 1 draw ,Terry Hurlock scored an equaliser and il never forget the bedlam ,Just before he struck the ball I remember a guy struggling through crowd with a tray of 4 bovrils just along from us ,The ball hits the net and the bovrils are up in the air probably scolding half a dozen bears ,

Must have been at least 5minutes before the celebrations calmed down ,

Hope to fuck the club are looking at moving away fans to BF1 in the near future. Seen a couple of old games think it was 98/99 season where the away fans were in BF1.

Looked so much better on TV having a full stadium and keeping the away fans out of sight.

However the way the club treat the UB it wouldn't surprise me if it never happens.

Archived