Kent suspension?

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Was just about to post the same mate. Let’s not forget the fucking scum papers pushing it as well. 

BBC website was the same. Kent ban fear. And some pish about a kiwally guy ?. Did we no win ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

This is how it always starts up here, making a story from it then pushing for the other outcome to drag it out.

Guaranteed even the local papers in England wouldn't run with stuff like this for their teams, let alone the subsequent trial-by-media stories. Who's got odds on who does the first opinion piece on why he deserves a mega ban?

8 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

I still can’t believe we’re already talking about another red card.

Yes, the ref couldn’t wait to fuck us and prob should’ve just said ‘take him off before I send him off’, but what a tool Kent was for giving him a decision to make. The refs in Scotland will already have his card marked following it, just watch. First thing he does, it’ll be dealt with heavily.

It’s undeniable though, even under shite refereeing, we have serious discipline problems throughout the team.

When will we ever learn...

No we don't have a serious disipline problem. any slight misgivings are exaccerbated. You say it yourself " take him off before i send him off" is what most refs would have done. The Lyon player should aslo receive a red card retrospectively for slapping Kent twice or 3 times.

7 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Yeah but there is a difference between not giving an inch and raising your hands to an opponents face.  Regardless of how soft it is you are giving the ref a decision to make and in the current snowflake world of football they will usually reach for a red.

Correct. Idiotic thing to do.

4 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

No we don't have a serious disipline problem. any slight misgivings are exaccerbated. You say it yourself " take him off before i send him off" is what most refs would have done. The Lyon player should aslo receive a red card retrospectively for slapping Kent twice or 3 times.

Yes, we do. The stats don’t lie. We’ve had a ridiculous number of red cards over the past few years and while, as I’ve already acknowledged, we are harshly dealt with and seriously, indeed worryingly, refereed to a different standard, in the majority of occasions, it’s been daft and avoidable actions by our own players.

Yes, we can often say, ‘Brown didn’t get a red for that, but Alfie did’. It’s a shite state of affairs but it doesn’t make it right or negate the fact that, given we KNOW we’re refereed differently, too many times players have lost their discipline. 

And take your blue tinted specs off - it’s never in a millions years a red card for the Lyon player in regard to him tapping Kent on the side of the face. That’s a crazy thing to say and to call it a slap is laughable. No way are the two comparable in terms of force.

I’m as big a bear as anyone, but I’m not one for sticking my head in the sand on such matters or being in denial about them. 

25 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

The worst foul in the game was when the boy went in over the ball on jack and no action at all was taken. Just a poor ref to be honest.

Are some of the red cards we've had domestically over the last few seasons been a joke...fuck aye, the Candieas one for blowing a kiss & a few of Morelos's have been ridiculous to say the least.

Do our players bring it on themselves sometimes...yes, ridiculous if you say they dont. Kent should've been off against the taigs (as much as I'm happy somecunt slapped Brown) & Morelos has done silly shit continuously since he got here & paints himself as a target although I'm he can keep the head this season.

A few of our players cleary have discipline problems though & the refs up here are more than happy to find any excuse to send them off. Friendly or not, Kent wouldve been off for that in any game this coming season, last season or in 10 years time.

Cunts like him need a kick up the arse and need to understand that this season they'll be looking for anything to give the taigs an advantage, dont fucking hand the cunts a reason on a plate! 

47 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Yes, we do. The stats don’t lie. We’ve had a ridiculous number of red cards over the past few years and while, as I’ve already acknowledged, we are harshly dealt with and seriously, indeed worryingly, refereed to a different standard, in the majority of occasions, it’s been daft and unavoidable actions by our own players.

Yes, we can often say, ‘Brown didn’t get a red for that, but Alfie did’. It’s a shite state of affairs but it doesn’t make it right or negate the fact that, given we KNOW we’re refereed differently, too many times players have lost their discipline. 

And take your blue tinted specs off - it’s never in a millions years a red card for the Lyon player in regard to him tapping Kent on the side of the face. That’s a crazy thing to say and to call it a slap is laughable. No way are the two comparable in terms of force.

I’m as big a bear as anyone, but I’m not one for sticking my head in the sand on such matters or being in denial about them. 

Just posted something along the same lines but completely agree

First taig on snyde the night trying to say Kent punched Lego muncher and nothing was done about it, they corrected him through gritted teeth that he got a two game ban, the fenian bastard still wasn't having the facts though, but that is just an example of how the media will be going about setting the agenda, they had four taigs on in a row all yapping about kent.

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The lot of them should be made to sit down and watch The Last Dance episode v The Pistons, we are a team who quite often show we are easily got at and rattled, guess what, show that to teams and they will do it over and over and over. 

Ignore it, the biggest GIUY you can hurt people with is winning things, the underlying petulance reflects through in a lot of our shit results, we do seem to have a sense of entitlement at times. 

We need to be bastards of mentality. 

Good points . 

Youve got me thinking , and we have too many players that lash out far too easy , I'm not sure we've had so many in previous eras . Kent , Morelos , even McGregor in his first season back though he does seem to have calmed down since he got sent off . And , iirc , I think Jack had a moment too . All big players for us , and while we could maybe cover a suspension , losing 2 or 3 points because of it during a game could prove costly . 

Im sure the management team are doing all they can to ensure players keep their composure , but ultimately it'll be down to the players themselves .

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Looks like the ref ain't gonna report it and he will be free to play against the sheep.

Nope nothing to do with the ref, this tournament is not under French football's governing body's jurisdiction, so can't be reported to the SFA 😁.

Two years ago, the guy is a fucking hero on here for shoving Scott Brown in the face....everyone bouncing up and down making it out to be a knock out punch, thrown by our new saviour. Now he gets a red in a pre-season friendly for an admittedly stupid reaction, and all of a sudden he is the anti-christ. FFS, the lad gets fouled more than anyone else in the squad and hardly ever reacts. Today he did and he learned a valuable lesson. Issue over.

1 minute ago, Flatcap said:

Two years ago, the guy is a fucking hero on here for shoving Scott Brown in the face....everyone bouncing up and down making it out to be a knock out punch, thrown by our new saviour. Now he gets a red in a pre-season friendly for an admittedly stupid reaction, and all of a sudden he is the anti-christ. FFS, the lad gets fouled more than anyone else in the squad and hardly ever reacts. Today he did and he learned a valuable lesson. Issue over.

Which was and is an embarrassment. 

Absolutely diddy club mentality.

2 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Well said m8👍

6 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Was he fuck :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

I don't know how you can defend him. He slapped him on the face, knew it immediately and regretted it instantly.

No-one is really slating him because he can be so good but he does need to get rid of his little pretend gangsta image.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I don't know how you can defend him. He slapped him on the face, knew it immediately and regretted it instantly.

No-one is really slating him because he can be so good but he does need to get rid of his little pretend gangsta image.

Gerrard says he’s one of the most chilled, least spice boy guys you’d meet. He’s in to snakes n lizards n tattoos n shit 

who the fuck are you to judge someone? 

sitting there like a fuckin speckled hen reigning judgement down on cunts. I’ve gave you chance after chance personally without commenting on the absolute fucking nonsense you spout on a daily basis but fuck me you’re starting to peak now.

youre a fucking whopper mate. A fucking out and out cream of the crop fucking whopper 

kind a cunt that seals an envelope wae his bottom lip 

Archived