Them's the breaks, eh?

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Should be 3-0 victory awarded to St Johnstone.

A fudge as usual from the SPFL.

liewell won't want a 3-0 against sheep. That's a game they are looking to score 6 or 7 in and boost the goal difference. Ergo it will not happen.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Got some pics sent earlier of our wee pal The Thumb at a lassies bday party, probably his burd, sister, maw, auntie or uncle it’s hard to tell !!

Not the best example social distancing tbh 🤡

Apparently he threw said party for his girlfriend on the Saturday, which is why he didn't get included for their game (they magically sited an injury).

Seemingly the girlfriend posted photos which showed a fair few people at it, including him and thanking him for organising it, which have magically been deleted today following this stuff with Aberdeen...

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

liewell won't want a 3-0 against sheep. That's a game they are looking to score 6 or 7 in and boost the goal difference. Ergo it will not happen.

Years ago a walkover win was 1-0 and even then you still had to walk the ball down the pitch and put the ball in the net.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Should be 3-0 victory awarded to St Johnstone.

A fudge as usual from the SPFL.

They actually relegated teams who had every chance of staying up, effectively punishing them because of circumstances  beyond their control and yet we have this lot basically giving two fingers to the rules and they are gonna let it slide. A shambles of an organisation.

Just now, Canabear said:

Years ago a walkover win was 1-0 and even then you still had to walk the ball down the pitch and put the ball in the net.

Happened Scotland v Estonia , they just patched it never turned up in Tallin.

But eventually that game was played in Monaco , big Duncs last cap I'm sure. 

Been out for a while and lots seems to have happened so here's my thought for what it's worth

It is virtually inevitable that some players would test positive and under the strict protocols agreed by all the outcome would be that they would miss games. Common sense (I know) would dictate that a rule should have been in place that allowed fixtures to be postponed if an agreed number of players, say 4 or more, were missing to avoid teams being punished through no fault of their own

Where, as in this case, protocols have been blatantly breached a separate rule should have been in place that protects the integrity of the competition so that  no team either gains an advantage nor is disadvantaged by these breaches

What I'm struggling with, and tbh worried by, is the Scot Gov intervention or rather the extent and limit of their intervention. As it stands Aberdeen have enough players fit and available to play the next three fixtures so there is really no reason for the gov to cancel any games, that should be a footballing decision not a gov decision unless they are saying fuck you you've completely fucked this and all games are off. Further if one game is cancelled due to this then all 3 affected games MUST be otherwise an unfair advantage arises and integrity goes for a wee holiday (maybe just a wee weekend away next weekend mind you) 

So now that one game is off all 3 MUST be off or the Scot Gov have just interfered in the sporting integrity of the SPFL although I'm sure Joe Fitzpatrick would never allow that to happen and the SPFL board would never allow anything that wasn't 100% fair so we can all sleep easy

At the risk of repeating myself, the fairest solution would have been to ban all 8 idiots for a full set of fixtures, ensuring sporting integrity and fairness to all, and hammering the offending club with the type of punishment that this merits.

Now that one game has been cancelled the current situation is that 2 teams potentially stand to benefit - Hamilton and surprisingly enough celtic. 

If I were Rangers I would put out a firmly worded statement saying that to protect the integrity of the league all 3 games must be postponed, not just tomorrow.

That the Scot Gov is cancelling one game only reaks and needs to be challenged

We are in a two horse race and no advantage should be allowed to go unchallenged

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

They haven’t tested positive yet. But it can take 14 days for symptoms to display. It’s been 6 months, how do you not understand this yet? 

Surely you would still test positive even if you didn’t show symptoms, Unless I’m being a spaz (which is very plausible) then it seems kinda fucking obvious to me you can’t show symptoms if you don’t have the virus can you?

13 hours ago, the cry was no said:

Apparently 8 Aberdeen players will need to self isolate for up to 14 days (the 2 who tested positive for 10 days from Wednesday  plus another 6 who were in close contact with them for 14 days from Wednesday) and will miss the clubs upcoming  fixtures which, confirmed by the SFA's Joint Resource Group,  WILL be played.

Bet you'll never guess who plays the scum next Saturday at the theatre of screams.........

This  cruel virus has been very kind to some

And I bet it'll happen again for the cup semi final!

9 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Surely you would still test positive even if you didn’t show symptoms, Unless I’m being a spaz (which is very plausible) then it seems kinda fucking obvious to me you can’t show symptoms if you don’t have the virus can you?

The virus can be in your system but not at a high enough level to show up positive yet. Eg. Enters your system on Monday, you take a test on Wednesday, it’s negative, by Friday you could be tested again and be positive. It’s not as simple as just contracting it and testing positive. The virus  has to reproduce in your system to a certain level before it’s detected. Hence the 14 day isolation period if you’ve been in close contact with a confirmed case. 14 days is the maximum incubation period. 

24 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

pretty sure we only had to kick off before ref stopped the game....we didnt walk the ball into the net...... oh, those were the days....crowds and everything

24 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Scotland fans singing"There's only one team in Tallin". Quite funny tbf.

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

I think the sheep where being given dispensation to travel more than 5 miles before this due to the local lockdown which is for 7 days initially

Govt have called(asked) the St Johnstone game off the now to stop it spreading anywhere else

They called of the st johnstone game, how can this be different for the next 10-14 days with Aberdeen involved, celtic game should follow same protocol as St johnstone game, you cannot pick and choose 

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Apparently doncaster had said there was only one spare date to play any postponed fixtures which would make it impossible for the sheep to fulfill 3 games.

make them play all 3 games in a day then like at a kids football tournament - serves the cunts right

The games should not be going ahead, and because it was the players own fault the club should be made to forfeit the games so we don't have a fixture pile up later.

If there is a genuine outbreak that was accidental, the games should be postponed and played later.  If the outbreak is because players broke the rules, then it should be a forfeit.

That could end up biting us in the ass at some point, but it's the only fair way to do things.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The games should not be going ahead, and because it was the players own fault the club should be made to forfeit the games so we don't have a fixture pile up later.

If there is a genuine outbreak that was accidental, the games should be postponed and played later.  If the outbreak is because players broke the rules, then it should be a forfeit.

That could end up biting us in the ass at some point, but it's the only fair way to do things.

Fixture pile up is inevitable now if the season even manages to continue to a finish. Surely the SPFL and SFA will be looking at contingency plans for the inevitable 👀😂

15 hours ago, the cry was no said:

Apparently 8 Aberdeen players will need to self isolate for up to 14 days (the 2 who tested positive for 10 days from Wednesday  plus another 6 who were in close contact with them for 14 days from Wednesday) and will miss the clubs upcoming  fixtures which, confirmed by the SFA's Joint Resource Group,  WILL be played.

Bet you'll never guess who plays the scum next Saturday at the theatre of screams.........

This  cruel virus has been very kind to some

Probably already posted, but the st johnstone game has been cancelled. 

Archived