• Yes
    • No
    • A select few but mostly No
    • I don’t know

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It entirely depends on the impact it would cause to us. 

A club going to the wall in our league could end up costing us more than it is worth. 

Do you think for one second any of these clubs would give a single penny for us?

If you answered yes then you've obviously forgotten 2012.

In short, NO. not one single penny of our money should go to keeping another team afloat. 

Just now, The Librarian said:

Do you think for one second any of these clubs would give a single penny for us?

If you answered yes then you've obviously forgotten 2012.

In short, NO. not one single penny of our money should go to keeping another team afloat. 

No, most likely not and no I doubt any Rangers fan will forget 2012.... it is most likely keeping teams afloat will be financially in Rangers interest though. 

When they voted to end the season prematurely and then rejected the chance of an independent investigation, paid for by us, I lost any small level of sympathy I might have had for them.

Even those that didn't vote that way hate us anyway. Fuck them.

10 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Don't kid yourself mate, any vote that favoured us in 2012 would have been for their own club's benefit, the blue pound is an attractive lure. 

I should maybe clarify, those SFL clubs who wanted us to play in the championship and not div.3. If there was any? 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

No, most likely not and no I doubt any Rangers fan will forget 2012.... it is most likely keeping teams afloat will be financially in Rangers interest though. 

In all seriousness while I'd be sad to see smaller clubs go the wall, it is not our job to bail them out. That job belongs to the football authorities and what passes for a government in holyrood.

There are sports events happening with crowds in attendance in various countries, in the NFL some teams have much reduced capacities attending games, same in certain European countries for football, so why not reopen the lower leagues?

Not as though they were huge crowds anyway.

8 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

In all seriousness while I'd be sad to see smaller clubs go the wall, it is not our job to bail them out. That job belongs to the football authorities and what passes for a government in holyrood.

There are sports events happening with crowds in attendance in various countries, in the NFL some teams have much reduced capacities attending games, same in certain European countries for football, so why not reopen the lower leagues?

Not as though they were huge crowds anyway.

I agree with most of your point, but my concern would be what would happen in terms of TV deals, sponsors, kit deals, return of costs for season tickets (which would most likely go unclaimed I admit) if the season was to default etc (if a top flight club were to face issues) I doubt it would simply go on without any form of fallout. I would rather Rangers do what is right for them first, and in such deals they would be placed to lose the most as their deals will be of higher value than most. 

I am very much in the fuck them camp, but not at the greater expense of Rangers, people employed by the club etc and so on. 

2 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I should maybe clarify, those SFL clubs who wanted us to play in the championship and not div.3. If there was any? 

Can't remember off the top of my head but I'd hazard a guess it would have been championship clubs wanting that to happen; maybe some prem teams who wanted us back up quickly.  Almost every cunt wanted us dead but still wanted to suckle at the teat. 

Fuck every cunt who isn't us. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I agree with most of your point, but my concern would be what would happen in terms of TV deals, sponsors, kit deals, return of costs for season tickets (which would most likely go unclaimed I admit) if the season was to default etc (if a top flight club were to face issues) I doubt it would simply go on without any form of fallout. I would rather Rangers do what is right for them first, and in such deals they would be placed to lose the most as their deals will be of higher value than most. 

I am very much in the fuck them camp, but not at the greater expense of Rangers, people employed by the club etc and so on. 

I'm sure all those teams thought about those same consequences when they told us to fuck off to division 3.

Archived