Your best Rangers atmosphere

Essandoh

Favourite game was 1998 SC semi at porkheid. We got half their ground. I was up behind the goal and when albertz scored the second  I was proper upside down in the row in front. Feet sticking up in the air no joke. What a fucking noise. Sure it was a Saturday evening kickoff if I remember right. That was a fun day. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September 1977. We were 2 down to the Tarriers at half time. Came out blazing in the second half and beat them 3-2. There’s no footage of the game as STV went on strike just before it. We were still in the Copland Rd end 20 minutes after the final whistle singing and dancing. The noise was deafening and it was unbridled joy. Gordon Smith made his old firm debut that day and I think he scored twice. Great memories from a great time. 

On 08/11/2020 at 02:42, TMB said:

When we beat them in the Scottish Cup semi-final under Warburton.  Amazing.

I remember thinking the hi's and low's of that game make it one of the best ever for me but the atmosphere was too tense to be the best, apart from after the penalty's. 

I'm not saying it wasnt very good, it was, but I also think the fact it was Hampden took a lot away from the atmosphere.

Best atmosphere I've ever experienced was the Dynamo Kiev game in 87.

We lost 1-0 away in front of 100,000 then got them back to Ibrox and pumped them 2-0 with a little help from their keeper :mutley:.

I've never experienced Ibrox bouncing as much as it was that night. Capacity was only about 44,000 then but the noise was deafening. 

Remembering TBB getting belted out that night still gives me goosebumps :drool:

Followed by Leeds 92, Sheep 91 Marseille 92 and Parma 99.

Probably missed one or two out but all those games were so special and gave me memories I'll never forget. 

The Ryan Jack 1-0 does deserve a mention, it had been(besides the cup win on penalties) years since beating them and trying to restore order. That was unreal.

Morelos winner in the last kick v Legia recently was some roar at the end and to be fair to them, the polish were a loud bunch that night. Was in broomloan for a change, more singing.

On 08/11/2020 at 16:34, Rmc54 said:

Being of the older generation it is hard not to pick games from the old terracing days, Bayern ECWC semi final 1972, 1973 Scottish cup final, and one that sticks in my mind is Easter Road 1975 winning the league , the crowd we took there was amazing , the sheer joy of finally winning the league again. Hopefully the younger fans can experience that feeling this season.

Remember it well when Colin Stein scored with that header we went ballistic. :bow:

On 09/11/2020 at 03:02, josmc said:

September 1977. We were 2 down to the Tarriers at half time. Came out blazing in the second half and beat them 3-2. There’s no footage of the game as STV went on strike just before it. We were still in the Copland Rd end 20 minutes after the final whistle singing and dancing. The noise was deafening and it was unbridled joy. Gordon Smith made his old firm debut that day and I think he scored twice. Great memories from a great time. 

I was at that one. Great atmosphere. Derek Johnstone was centre half that day. Big Jock Wallace brought on Greig for the second half when we were 2 down, and put DJ up front. You're right Smith scored twice, Derek Johnstone got the other goal. One of my favourite games against the taigs. 

Derry's Walls right after the CL song vs Barca at Ibrox was one of my favourites

First away game vs Berwick, was sober and it was still amazing

3-2 vs the Scum at Ibrox will forever live in my memory, I've experienced better atmospheres but that one will always stay with me, the fact that we were facing the end but refused to kneel down to them and destroyed their hopes of winning the league at Ibrox was one of the best days ever

Loads of others stand out, hopefully all you guys will be back at games soon, wish I could be back for the first one cause that will be a special day with a special atmosphere, gutted I'll probably miss it

23 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

This was a great atmosphere even tho I think we got beat in the end, party for 90 mins tho

I think we lost 3-0. Post-admin in 2012. Cracking atmosphere in our end. That was the last time I was at that shite hole. 

10 hours ago, Willis said:

Derry's Walls right after the CL song vs Barca at Ibrox was one of my favourites

First away game vs Berwick, was sober and it was still amazing

3-2 vs the Scum at Ibrox will forever live in my memory, I've experienced better atmospheres but that one will always stay with me, the fact that we were facing the end but refused to kneel down to them and destroyed their hopes of winning the league at Ibrox was one of the best days ever

Loads of others stand out, hopefully all you guys will be back at games soon, wish I could be back for the first one cause that will be a special day with a special atmosphere, gutted I'll probably miss it

You over there permanently mate?

Archived