Your best Rangers atmosphere

Essandoh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ThenNowForever said:

Not the best atmosphere but a scum fan who was in their end when they won 3 - 2 at Ibrox said our first in the game when Windass scored was the loudest roar he had ever heard. I remember going mental at it. Shame about the rest of the game. 

One of those games that still annoys me . If we had held on till half time I think we would have had them that day and then we were right in a title race . Instead we fucked it and the wheels came right off the season. 

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You over there permanently mate?

For the next year or two at least most likely, was struggling for way to long to find work over there and there's plenty of jobs here, I want to come back eventually though, if I have any more kids I don't want them growing up with fuckin american accents :lol:

1 hour ago, Willis said:

For the next year or two at least most likely, was struggling for way to long to find work over there and there's plenty of jobs here, I want to come back eventually though, if I have any more kids I don't want them growing up with fuckin american accents :lol:

Fuck coming back to this shitehole. 

5 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

One of those games that still annoys me . If we had held on till half time I think we would have had them that day and then we were right in a title race . Instead we fucked it and the wheels came right off the season. 

Sean Goss getting pushed away by rogic like a wee boy still haunts my dreams.

On 09/11/2020 at 03:02, josmc said:

September 1977. We were 2 down to the Tarriers at half time. Came out blazing in the second half and beat them 3-2. There’s no footage of the game as STV went on strike just before it. We were still in the Copland Rd end 20 minutes after the final whistle singing and dancing. The noise was deafening and it was unbridled joy. Gordon Smith made his old firm debut that day and I think he scored twice. Great memories from a great time. 

Tried Rangers archives on FB? They have shit loads of stuff including things in the past I thought weren't recorded. Worth a go.

On 08/11/2020 at 21:37, eskbankloyal said:

Certainly not the best, but the 20/25 minutes in the second half of Rotterdam last season was absolutely wild. Ended up having to take a minute just to take it all in 

I fell down the fkn stairs they had just painted, alfies headers were world class! 

On 09/11/2020 at 03:02, josmc said:

September 1977. We were 2 down to the Tarriers at half time. Came out blazing in the second half and beat them 3-2. There’s no footage of the game as STV went on strike just before it. We were still in the Copland Rd end 20 minutes after the final whistle singing and dancing. The noise was deafening and it was unbridled joy. Gordon Smith made his old firm debut that day and I think he scored twice. Great memories from a great time. 

My first old firm game at Ibrox, think your right about Gordon Smith, think big dj scored the other, I was ten years old and loved every minute, well, 45 of them anyway. 

I have 2 games that I remember as special. My first game at Ibrox in the ECWC semi-final in 71-72 when we won 2-0 vs Bayern in front of 92,000 I was at the bottom of the Copland Rd terracing and the noise from all sections of the ground was incredible. The second was the 72-73 Scottish Cup Final at Hampden when we won 3-2 versus celtic in front of 123,000. I was in the Rangers end standing behind a wall that formed the top part of one of the 6 or so entrances to the terraces. That ensured no one could stand in front of you but you had to get in pretty early to nab a spot - I recall almost 3 hours before kick-off.  I remember being one of the first in the ground that day and seeing it gradually fill up. I had a fantastic view. What a result and what a great game where both teams played well. The atmosphere was unreal and I especially remember the noise after the goals. When celtic scored, from the Rangers end you first saw the celtic fans jumping up and down then a second later a wall of noise reached you and then seemed to pass over the top of you. When Rangers scored it was just bedlam in the Rangers end. Happy days.

Any of the big old firm matches are stand outs but i'd say some of the European nights are right up there. One of the best I remember wasn't a victory but the 2-2 draw with Marseille during the Champions League run. The place was absolutely bouncing that night. 

14 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Sean Goss getting pushed away by rogic like a wee boy still haunts my dreams.

Their players made out to be world beaters playing against the likes of goss Windass holt Dorrans etc , look at the state of them now against us 

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Their players made out to be world beaters playing against the likes of goss Windass holt Dorrans etc , look at the state of them now against us 

Worst is rogic, looked a world beater against Russell Martin and David Bates but since Gerrard has came in he's done absolutely fuck all against us like the majority of them.

Over the years have experienced many games which had great atmospheres, most already mentioned on this thread.  One that stands out for me, and certainly I think, the loudest, was us winning the SC Final at the piggery in 1993.  It seemed like the roof was going to blow off the place when our fans broke into their Euro anthem in the final few minutes, an explosion of sound celebrating the winning end to a fantastic season.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

This night easily for me, bastards scored just before half time with deflection, how Advocaats team never pushed further in Europe still haunts me...

Bullying Europes best, Bayern had world class names that night..

They equalised in the last minute bud, absolute gutter. We absolutely played them off the park in the return fixture, hit the woodwork 4 times plus Khan pulled off numerous unreal saves. The same night Mols got that knee injury :ang:

We only needed a draw to make the knockout round and they won 1-0 with a soft pen.

We really should have progressed that season. 

That was a top drawer Bayern team we more than matched over 2 games. They were beaten finalists the previous season, beaten in the semis the season we played them and they won it the following season. 

Still think to this day.......what if.

On 08/11/2020 at 03:01, ForeverAndEver said:

Kilmarnock was the round before

As I recall our first game against a premiership team was Motherwell when we were in division 3. They were top of the league and we beat them 3-0 I think.

29 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

They equalised in the last minute bud, absolute gutter. We absolutely played them off the park in the return fixture, hit the woodwork 4 times plus Khan pulled off numerous unreal saves. The same night Mols got that knee injury :ang:

We only needed a draw to make the knockout round and they won 1-0 with a soft pen.

We really should have progressed that season. 

That was a top drawer Bayern team we more than matched over 2 games. They were beaten finalists the previous season, beaten in the semis the season we played them and they won it the following season. 

Still think to this day.......what if.

biggest what if mate, think must been PSV match, Van Nistelrooy scored on half time

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

biggest what if mate, think must been PSV match, Van Nistelrooy scored on half time

Did we not beat them 1-0 away bud? Memories not what it once was :lol:

I remember he scored a pen at Ibrox but we went on to pump them 4-1. Mcinally saying before the game Rangers will need to be at their best as this is some PSV team they are playing. 

At the end of the game after we destroyed them he said they're not the team we thought they were :lol:

11 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Did we not beat them 1-0 away bud? Memories not what it once was :lol:

I remember he scored a pen at Ibrox but we went on to pump them 4-1. Mcinally saying before the game Rangers will need to be at their best as this is some PSV team they are playing. 

At the end of the game after we destroyed them he said they're not the team we thought they were :lol:

he scored just before half time mate, those few seasons under Advocaat were luxurious with the players we had, pure world class some of them.   

2-1 AET Arveladze. I’m sure big Dado scored late to equalise and the place went mental. 

Edu goal I was in the corner. Me and my auld man nearly ended up falling a couple rows down. 

Atmostphere at Porto, stadium and big mad square place. Somecunt put a Rangers scarf on the statue lol...last year was incredible anaw, just before this COVID as well, fuck knows when we will get a trip like this again.

The older games with massive crowds had incredible atmospheres but the best atmosphere in recent years was probably the first friendly at Sheff Wed when we had the Leppings Lane end.  Maybe only 6000 Bears there but absolutely electric. 

Archived