****Official Dundee United v Rangers match thread

Scottywellhousetb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Imodium said:

That’s your title clinching win right there. Playing like champions - potential banana skin when they equalised but regrouped and completely dominated possession and got the three points.Β 
Β 

Tav’s free kick was phenomenal. The run up was so short but technique was class. You will not see many better goals than that this year. Davis rolling back the years again and dominated the game.

Only sour point for me was Morelos (and the clean sheet). Stupid, selfish action and we got away with one. Defoe andΒ Itten should get a chance the next few games and bench him. It is a team effort that we are doing so well and can’t have an individual inexplicably doing something like that.

Far from title clinching ffsΒ 

Plenty more of those games to go this year.

9 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I don't always listen to after games interviews, but both of these were excellent, bothΒ saying the right things and long may the good results continue.Β :thumbup:

1 minute ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Same here...I would be booted all over the place firstΒ :hit:

My dad (god bless him) he passed away four years ago, drummed it into me about the importance about being a loyal Rangers supporter. He hated any ex Rangers player or member of our family who slated the club and I'm the same. Anyway another great day mate hopefully the taigs drop points and make the day even better πŸ”΄βšͺπŸ”΅πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

3 points and that's all that matters. It's also the first time we've won five top flight away games since 2011.

I though the first half was a tough grind but we got two goals from two brilliant set pieces. What would we do without Tav at times? Our open play wasn't to great though.

I thought in the second half we played much better and sussed Dundee Utd out but missed too many chances. Even though they weren't a threat a 1 goal margain always leaves the opportunity to drop points like at Hibs.

Β 

I've not seen it mentioned, but we have to take into account the team played a game in Poland on Thursday, probably back into Glasgow early hours of Friday, then up to Dundee on Sunday for a noon kick off - then a solid performance in not great conditions.Β 

Games post Europe have always been difficult, so I think there is some slack to be given maybe for the lack of goals and ability to put the game away.

Delighted to have another away game in the book. Would really love to see a big perfomance on Wednesday to get us back to Hampden

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Excellent win.

Can’t win every game 3/4-0.

It's very nice when we do thoughΒ 

5 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

I've not seen it mentioned, but we have to take into account the team played a game in Poland on Thursday, probably back into Glasgow early hours of Friday, then up to Dundee on Sunday for a noon kick off - then a solid performance in not great conditions.Β 

Games post Europe have always been difficult, so I think there is some slack to be given maybe for the lack of goals and ability to put the game away.

Delighted to have another away game in the book. Would really love to see a big perfomance on Wednesday to get us back to Hampden

We don't need to be making these excuses anymore...

Rangers played well today. A few mishaps, but on the whole it was a good game. I expected Dundee Utd to make our bottoms tighten up anyway and we weren't disappointed by that πŸ˜„

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

SG trying to let him play through the form drop, Alfredo struggling big time though.

I’ve said it before but Alfie is struggling without the crowd. He loves playing to us singing his name. Just like others, Tav and Goldson, are playing better without us IMO

19 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

win on wed and i am confident we will lift the cupΒ  2 games at hampden on the bigger pitch will suit usΒ  wed will be difficult they are on a good run and will play the same as utd todayΒ  not bothered about attack as long as they stop us scoring

4 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I’ve said it before but Alfie is struggling without the crowd. He loves playing to us singing his name. Just like others, Tav and Goldson, are playing better without us IMO

Be interesting to see if the crowds make a difference when they’re back.

Archived