*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Think he’s guaranteed to play, he’s more reliable for a goal than Itten (that isn’t a bash at Itten, he’ll come good and has improved bar last night)

If we are relying on a near 40 yr old in a pressure match then that's a worry. I know he gets his token goals against the weaker teams but he doesn't really offer much else. I think I would go with Roofe through the middle and maybe bring Hagi into the team.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

If we are relying on a near 40 yr old in a pressure match then that's a worry. I know he gets his token goals against the weaker teams but he doesn't really offer much else. I think I would go with Roofe through the middle and maybe bring Hagi into the team.

You mean weaker teams like Hibs(hattrick), St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Motherwell who do you mean?

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

His goals have came against just about every team in the league. In fact, I’d love to see who he hasn’t scored against apart from celtic?

He’s definitely scored against Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Motherwell, Ross County, Livingston

Meaning the only teams are celtic and Dundee United

EDIT: And he’s scored against Hamilton too.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

That's just childish you profess to be an adult as well. As I said explain what big teams he does not score against?

There was a reason he was left out of Europe. He can't play at that level anymore. Those are the big teams.

(can't remember ever professing to being an adult. Wait until my better half hears this. Ha!)

Anyway, he doesn't make my starting 11 on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Back on that horse . 3-0 Gers . 

Not sure where everybody is getting their faith with Hagi tbh . Hope I'm wrong if he's picked though . 

I would start Hagi. On assists he is 2nd to Tav. Has that footballing brain to make a killing pass. Has no pace but can also hit a shot.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There was a reason he was left out of Europe. He can't play at that level anymore. Those are the big teams.

(can't remember ever professing to being an adult. Wait until my better half hears this. Ha!)

He's not been asked to play in Europe we are playing against Motherwell who he has scored against then St Johnstone another team he's scored against.

Kent Roofe and Hagi would be my front 3. Hagi whilst he hasn't exactly hit the ground running this season, has put up great stats for chance creation in the final third (he was top in the league for a while there). 

Midfield 3 of Kamara, Davis and Arfield probably. Borna back in for Bassey. 

Hopefully Helander is fit enough to play too. 

Nice performance and ideally we get back to keeping clean sheets as well.

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I would start Hagi. On assists he is 2nd to Tav. Has that footballing brain to make a killing pass. Has no pace but can also hit a shot.

Just sense he can get bullied out of games too easily and Motherwell are a fairly physical side . If he starts , I hope he grabs his chance . 

Stolen from Twitter.

Each one of our domestic cup exits since Gerrard's arrival has been followed by a home match within 4 days. Our results in those games?

Rangers 1-1 Kilmarnock
Rangers 1-1 Kilmarnock
Rangers 1-1 Young Boys
Rangers 0-1 Hamilton

I have a pint of Bleach on standby.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Pure nonsense this post. Defoe has shown time and time again this season he’s a better option than Itten (at the moment). 

Defoe is a cool head and that’s exactly what’s needed for Saturday. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He wasn’t left out of Europe because of ability at that level 

6 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Pure nonsense this post. Defoe has shown time and time again this season he’s a better option than Itten (at the moment). 

Defoe is a cool head and that’s exactly what’s needed for Saturday. 

What did he do in his 20+ minutes last night? Barely touched the ball from what I remember.

I have nothing but praise for Defoe but he is beyond being a saviour at his age.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know that. Look all I tried to say is I wouldn't start him on Saturday

Fair enough you won’t have him in you’re starting line up but you did say ‘There was a reason he was left out of Europe. He can’t play at that level anymore...’

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Fair enough you won’t have him in you’re starting line up but you did say ‘There was a reason he was left out of Europe. He can’t play at that level anymore...’

He can't do both (play twice a week) so he was given the easier option.

He is not scoring in Europe (at his age) the way Morelos does.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He can't do both (play twice a week) so he was given the easier option.

He is not scoring in Europe (at his age) the way Morelos does.

Yes he was left out because he can’t do both but youve said he was left out because he can’t play at that level anymore. Maybe he can’t play at that level but that’s not the reason he was left out as you originally said.

not looking for an argument here but you’ve said two different things 

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What did he do in his 20+ minutes last night? Barely touched the ball from what I remember.

I have nothing but praise for Defoe but he is beyond being a saviour at his age.

29 starts 28 goals says it all mate. 

Itten was absolutely garbage last night + these teams at home is where Defoe is at his best.