*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Back to breaking records that we don’t wanna break.  

It's certainly no a stat anyone would want attached to them.

It's also a bit of shite stat in the sense that others (like Warburton/Pedro) didn't get the chance to reach 7 failed trophy attempts (thank fuck).

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

SSN just said Gerrard is the first ever manager of ours to fail to win a single trophy in his first 7. Shite stat that. 

It is, but I can't think that too many Rangers teams of yesteryear were as disadvantaged as we were when he took over. Let's not dwell on it.... it's one blip in an already incredible season so far! 

3 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

It is, but I can't think that too many Rangers teams of yesteryear were as disadvantaged as we were when he took over. Let's not dwell on it.... it's one blip in an already incredible season so far! 

You're 100% right. There's quite a bit of context throwaway stats like that won't cover.

Plenty potential for the rest of our season to be unreal if we remain consistent and play the way we've shown we can. League title and Scottish Cup double wouldn't be a bad shout at all. Maybe even see us into the last 16 of Europa League on top of that. That'd be a fantastic season. If we were extremely lucky in the draw you never know, last 8? Still so much to play for, thankfully. That first piece of silverware is key though.

Roll on 3pm!

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

SSN just said Gerrard is the first ever manager of ours to fail to win a single trophy in his first 7. Shite stat that. 

Stats are great for trying to make false comparisons. Apart from Tav and Morelos a complete squad rebuild was required. 

Dont think any of our previous managers would of inherited the shit show that Gerrard did. 

Really nervous for today, is absolutely massive. We simply must win, and win well. Anything else is going to put us under pressure, while boosting the confidence of the scum and our opponents in future games. Back to winning ways with a convincing win is a must.

16 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Need to bounce back strong today and i think we will

4-1 Motherwell to score 1st

I’m with you mate.  Pretty confident that normal service will be resumed this afternoon.  Can’t see them scoring though so I hope you are wrong on that front.