*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

Too scunnered to even think Saturday to be honest. Hopefully Gerrard picks a better starting 11 or at least kicks their baws to motivate them into a performance as tonight was embarrassing.

Such a lazy and pedestrian performance which i just didnt expect, after we scored it was like we expected St Mirren to just roll over and get their belly rubbed.

6 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Three points is a must and real test of character. Make tonight a blip and get back on track with a convincing victory.

It’s hardly a blip. We’ve fucked a real chance of silverware. It’s a fucking disaster 

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Drop Kent

I would also like Kent dropped. Not only is he not giving enough going forward but he has failed to track back too often, has been giving the ball away too easily, sometimes in his own half, or making a sideways pass after running 30 yards across the pitch.

He can be good going forward but he is a liability in terms of his defensive duties. He needs to do a lot more to justify his place.

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Kamara Arfield

Roofe Itten Kent

As long as we get a performance and a win that's all I care about. We used to batter sides after a disappointing result. Do that again, win everything up until New Year and put this one down to a bad night at the office that we learnt from and got stronger.

That lot will get a boost from beating Hearts on Sunday in that shambles of a competition so we can't slip up.

While last night was bitterly disappointing if we are crowned champions this season then nobody will care about yesterday.

Saturday will be a test of the teams character. A convincing win and St Mirren will be seen as a bump in the road. Unfortunate but was always going to happen at some point.

Get everything back on track v Motherwell and we can move on.

Go get the 3 points and a much better confidence to go with it and show that last night was just a blip.

Back to our best back 5 on Saturday with Barisic back in for Bassey and Helander in for Balogun. That back 5 play last night and we don't lose that match despite how poorly we played!

26 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Go get the 3 points and a much better confidence to go with it and show that last night was just a blip.

Back to our best back 5 on Saturday with Barisic back in for Bassey and Helander in for Balogun. That back 5 play last night and we don't lose that match despite how poorly we played!

You could see early on that Bassey wasn’t comfortable. Him over Barasic has probably cost us the league cup 

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

You could see early on that Bassey wasn’t comfortable. Him over Barasic has probably cost us the league cup 

Definetely. If the manager wanted to rotate Barisic I'd much rather Bassey played on Saturday at Ibrox than last night. I like him, you can see there is talent there, I hope last night doesn't rock his confidence.

Two of their goals come from mistakes by him so he had a big effect on the result. I'd say for the second a few fingers need pointed centrally as well. Balogun's lazy at stopping the cross after Bassey, Arfield losing his man and Zungu just looking lost.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Definetely. If the manager wanted to rotate Barisic I'd much rather Bassey played on Saturday at Ibrox than last night. I like him, you can see there is talent there, I hope last night doesn't rock his confidence.

Two of their goals come from mistakes by him so he had a big effect on the result. I'd say for the second a few fingers need pointed centrally as well. Balogun's lazy at stopping the cross after Bassey, Arfield losing his man and Zungu just looking lost.

Said exactly the same last night. If Gerrard wanted to give Bassey game time it should have been on Sat not in a game which should have led towards a first major trophy in years. 

12 hours ago, psb07158 said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Kamara Arfield

Hagi Defoe Roofe

Would play Davis or Kamara and keep Aribo in even although he is not delivering at present. He is a goal threat and we need that against the defensive block at home.

Up front I would also like to drop Kent for a series of poor performances but Hagi has no pace and the only alternative Barker has loads of pace but the heart of a mouse. Reluctantly I would leave Kent in but another 45 mins like the last few matches I would hook him at half-time and put Barker on. The Kent of the last few matches is a pretty low bar to meet so should not weaken the team especially. Shame Jones has proved to be a complete walloper.

Fingers crossed the boys can deliver.