***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

3 minutes ago, JC10 said:

No Jack or Arfield gives me the fear a bit

Same but Aribo is in great form.  Also many of their problems are in defence, it is shambolic, we'll definitely score at least two.  We've had three clean sheets in a row.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Hawl you big sexy bastard, how you been keeping? 

there’s new types of fellows taking over the drinks thread with faggotry like zubr beers due to your absence 

I don’t like it mate 

Been doing my annual work like a cunt for the last couple of months mate and been aff it. Back home now and getting back into the swing of things so won't take long to put the poof juice drinkers back in their place 😂

Getting back into it gently with a wee shot of tatra tea, moonshine and a pint of rose 👍

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

Been doing my annual work like a cunt for the last couple of months mate and been aff it. Back home now and getting back into the swing of things so won't take long to put the poof juice drinkers back in their place 😂

Getting back into it gently with a wee shot of tatra tea, moonshine and a pint of rose 👍

😂😂😂 👏

I love you 

5 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Same but Aribo is in great form.  Also many of their problems are in defence, it is shambolic, we'll definitely score at least two.  We've had three clean sheets in a row.

This is a “must win” game for the tarriers - they’re under real pressure with a lot of inexperience, and they need to play high against us.

It’s just asking for Kent, Aribo, Roofe & Alfie to murder that defence. If they sit in, then eventually we will score against them too.

Confidence is high for another 3 points in the bag.

8 minutes ago, JC10 said:

No Jack or Arfield gives me the fear a bit

I understand the fear,but at least weve got cover in midfield to slot in tomoro , but it's better scenario than say Goldson & Tav being out coz we wud struggle to fill their boots. 

49 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

We were over 30 points behind that day.. the celebrations were purely on that game and nothing else! Answer the question, would a draw to stay 16 points behind be a good result for Rangers?

No it wouldn't because its a missed opportunity to go 19(10) pts clear off them and really start to make the league outs. It also means we've got a bigger cushion should we drop points.

51 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Psychologically they go away from tomorrow knowing it’s out there hands & they’re up against a team who in the new year still hasn’t been beaten! 

Well no because it keeps them in it however  minor that may be and for similar reasons above. 

54 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

You’re totally ignoring the circumstances & talking about how a win is better than a draw... which is beyond obvious 🤦‍♂️ Honestly can’t understand your logic that it’s a better result for them than us though! Madness! 

The only thing that's mad is that people are saying a draw is an acceptable result, we are currently unbeaten in the league, flying high and on a great run on form and on that circumstance, we shouldn't accept a draw.

A draw for them keeps them in it because it keeps the point gap at 7 pts minimum, those pts can easily disappear all it takes is a bad result and a bad old firm and then pressures on. Keep the bastards as far away as possible by beaten them tomorrow, make their heads go down and really highten our odds at winning the league. 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Hawl you big sexy bastard, how you been keeping? 

there’s new types of fellows taking over the drinks thread with faggotry like zubr beers due to your absence 

I don’t like it mate 

Haha fuck off,😃

29 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

😃

Regards tomorrow hoping we start up and at them right from the get go.

Leave them no time. We have started games slowly recently can't do that tomorrow. Any win for me but would love a resounding display that leaves nobody in any doubt we are superior 👍

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

No it wouldn't because its a missed opportunity to go 19(10) pts clear off them and really start to make the league outs. It also means we've got a bigger cushion should we drop points.

Well no because it keeps them in it however  minor that may be and for similar reasons above. 

The only thing that's mad is that people are saying a draw is an acceptable result, we are currently unbeaten in the league, flying high and on a great run on form and on that circumstance, we shouldn't accept a draw.

A draw for them keeps them in it because it keeps the point gap at 7 pts minimum, those pts can easily disappear all it takes is a bad result and a bad old firm and then pressures on. Keep the bastards as far away as possible by beaten them tomorrow, make their heads go down and really highten our odds at winning the league. 

I see every game we have right now as a must win so further down the line we have that cushion and if there’s slip ups we’ll be fine. Why accept a slip up just now when we might actually not be that far in front and could put even more pressure on ourselves 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Arfield would be instead of Aribo aye? A think Aribo is a better option in a game I expect to dominate. 

Aye, you’d imagine that would be the switch. Think it’s for extra defensive cover now that they’ve taken to playing two forwards. 

Like you I’m hoping the majority of the game is played in their half 

6 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

They will go for it from first whistle but that leaves them wide open .

2.0 or 3.1 tomorrow is my gut feeling 

I don't think they will go for it, due to knowing that we could pick them off, can see them giving us a lot of the ball but pressing us high to force us into mistakes instead 

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Absolutely pointless trying to have this conversation with you when you’ve went completely off point and keep comparing us winning to drawing... it’s so obvious that a win is better than a draw & we should be looking to batter them! 

The point you made was that a draw is a better result for them in regards to the title race than it is to us! Which IMO is wrong but anyway, we’ll fucking do them tomorrow regardless and this conversation will have been totally pointless 👍

Too many things in our favour imo. They need to go for it, we can destroy a team that goes for it as long as it's not a top European side. 

Their defence is not sorted, our attacking players and options are formidable. Our defence is very reliable too and we like a clean sheet. As long as our mentality on the day is solid we will win. 

I'm aware these games are unpredictable but can't see us not winning this one. 

Archived