***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Tarrier team has been leaked again apparently. Same team that played for them last weekend except the Lego cunt in for the thumb.

Barkas
Frimpong Jullien Ajer Laxalt
Brown Soro
Christie Turnbull McGregor
Edouard

Will be interesting, effectively playing 5 CMs to try and win the midfield battle, will probably play quite narrow, 2 DMs. Christie won't go back to help Frimpong too much and if Frimpong pushes forward that could be a big gap for Kent and Barisic to exploit with Aribo poking around as well

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

We’ve history of fucking it after getting the big result against them, I’ve no worries for tomorrow I think if we’re going to crumble it’ll be Aberdeen or Motherwell,  9 points form the next three matches and I’ll be confident we’re not going to  go tits up again and 55 will be ours. 

I’m about 95% certain we’re going to smash the filthy taig bastards tomorrow 

Even more so makes tomorrow a must win for me, harder away days to come so a win tomorrow gives us breathing space. Don’t understand folk saying they’ll settle for a point 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Even more so makes tomorrow a must win for me, harder away days to come so a win tomorrow gives us breathing space. Don’t understand folk saying they’ll settle for a point 

Absolutely mate, it’s a must win for me

17 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Think it could be a season changer, a negative result for us probably gives them more belief and once again puts doubt amongst us and our players that we can continue this run and not shit the bed 

I hope if the game doesn't go our way tomorrow people keep the head. End of the day it's a game of football and an Old Firm one at that, it could go either way quite easily. Worst case scenario we're still at least 4 points ahead in the league which we all would have bit your hand off for at the start of the season. Confident we'll win but if luck goes against us or they turn up then fans need to keep the head. Pressure also comes from fans screaming abuse at you about being bottlers etc, fans won't help by overreacting.

Having said that please just fucking do them tomorrow Rangers

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Barkas
Brown Soro
Edouard

Will be interesting, effectively playing 5 CMs to try and win the midfield battle, will probably play quite narrow, 2 DMs. Christie won't go back to help Frimpong too much and if Frimpong pushes forward that could be a big gap for Kent and Barisic to exploit with Aribo poking around as well

Gets better...

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

I hope if the game doesn't go our way tomorrow people keep the head. End of the day it's a game of football and an Old Firm one at that, it could go either way quite easily. Worst case scenario we're still at least 4 points ahead in the league which we all would have bit your hand off for at the start of the season. Confident we'll win but if luck goes against us or they turn up then fans need to keep the head. Pressure also comes from fans screaming abuse at you about being bottlers etc, fans won't help by overreacting.

Having said that please just fucking do them tomorrow Rangers

If we lose it’s just back to the whole mentality of our players/management, that’s the worry. We’d still be ahead but could we cope if they’ve got a positive result? 

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Barkas
Brown Soro
Edouard

If thats true about how narrow they are, it kinda knocks us because we put a centre mid out at fullback to cover tav or barisic bombing forward, we cant if they keep 5 in the middle or we'll be overrun 

I can see tav and barisic being a lot more defense minded tomorrow

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Barkas
Brown Soro
Edouard

Pinch of salt needed

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

If we lose it’s just back to the whole mentality of our players/management, that’s the worry. We’d still be ahead but could we cope if they’ve got a positive result? 

People can't wait to throw around "winning mentality" and "bottlers" at every second they can.

End of the day, losing one football match against a team of roughly equal calibre after dominating the season will not make the team bottlers or not have a winning mentality. But because it'll have came at a similar point in the season as other seasons then people will love to draw parallels. We could easily lose tomorrow and then win the next 10 matches. Doesn't mean the team are bottlers it means they lost a game of football as all teams do.

But don't want to consider that, confident we'll go out and win tomorrow and that's all I want to focus on. Won't be on here if we don't though :lol:

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

People can't wait to throw around "winning mentality" and "bottlers" at every second they can.

End of the day, losing one football match against a team of roughly equal calibre after dominating the season will not make the team bottlers or not have a winning mentality. But because it'll have came at a similar point in the season as other seasons then people will love to draw parallels. We could easily lose tomorrow and then win the next 10 matches. Doesn't mean the team are bottlers it means they lost a game of football as all teams do.

But don't want to consider that, confident we'll go out and win tomorrow and that's all I want to focus on. Won't be on here if were don't though :lol:

I don’t think you can blame folk for doing so tbh, it’s literally what we’ve done the past couple of seasons but in saying that we are completely different this year, our clean sheet and points record shows that

16 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Barkas
Brown Soro
Edouard

They've had all week to work out what to do because our midfield picks itself at the moment. They can have as many CM's as they like for me because none of the fuckers can defend.

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I don’t think you can blame folk for doing so tbh, it’s literally what we’ve done the past couple of seasons but in saying that we are completely different this year, our clean sheet and points record shows that

We draw one game at any point in the season and it's the same thing though. Truth is you can't bottle something you never had. The team have done fantastically well to get to a point of having something to bottle in the first place. Losing a match just means probability has probably caught up with them eventually. 

End of the day this is an Old Firm game, form never plays a part in them and football is never played on paper. This is 90 minutes on a park where one sweet strike or one lucky deflection will probably decide the game. Fans going crazy and telling the players they can't handle the pressure and they're bottlers isn't going to help anybody the rest of the season and will probably play a big part in any collapse that may happen. 

Just feels like there's an air of people not being able to wait to throw around the mentality and bottlers stuff. We're going to drop more points eventually, and given that we're now into that second half of the season, even though we all know we will drop points, people will throw it around like crazy anyway when it does happen.

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Woke up this morning absolutely bouncing for the game. Tonight I’m back to bricking it.

I am starting to feel the pressure now as well, for many years we went into these games not expecting much and usually it went against us.

SG has started to change that and for me it is the position we are in now that is making me feel nervous, we have a good lead and we know we should be able to beat them.

It is now a different situation where we should win and that is the worry for me this game, just cannot get the thought of it going wrong out of my mind. 

Thankfully we seem to be in the minority on RM thinking that way so hopefully it will go to plan and we get the 3 points. 

Nail biting emoje.jpeg

Just now, Bears r us said:

I am starting to feel the pressure now as well, for many years we went into these games not expecting much and usually it went against us.

SG has started to change that and for me it is the position we are in now that is making me feel nervous, we have a good lead and we know we should be able to beat them.

It is now a different situation where we should win and that is the worry for me this game, just cannot get the thought of it going wrong out of my mind. 

Thankfully we seem to be in the minority on RM thinking that way so hopefully it will go to plan and we get the 3 points. 

Nail biting emoje.jpeg

Our boys won’t let us down mate 👍🏻

Archived