***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Was wondering this myself. Wonder if we could all get a surprise tomorrow with him included in the team? His work rate would be most welcome! 

I hope so. I always think Tavernier gets a better game with him in the team.

Will be leaving the bastards wondering what’s what, maybe the idea. 

Just watching some of the replays of recent games against them on Sky and fuck me that prick Ian Crocker doesn’t half blow some amount of smoke up their arse. Sickening some of the shite he comes out with. Desperate for Tav to get this title and rub it in their faces, he’s been on the receiving end of a good few hidings from them. 

Think there’s likely to be a lot of goals! If they try and force us on to the back foot with a 352 we’ll absolutely pick them apart in the full back areas!

Aribo, Kamara & Davis in the middle is maybe light defensively but going forward has a lot! Morelos back on the score sheet, Roofe flying & Kent’s history in this fixture! 

Add all that to them having Duffy at centre half & Barkas in goal... we could run riot! Just need to make sure that we’re tight at the back and Tav & Barasic keep an eye on the back posts! 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Think there’s likely to be a lot of goals! If they try and force us on to the back foot with a 352 we’ll absolutely pick them apart in the full back areas!

Aribo, Kamara & Davis in the middle is maybe light defensively but going forward has a lot! Morelos back on the score sheet, Roofe flying & Kent’s history in this fixture! 

Add all that to them having Duffy at centre half & Barkas in goal... we could run riot! Just need to make sure that we’re tight at the back and Tav & Barasic keep an eye on the back posts! 

the diagonal balls to the opposite back posts seems to be a weakness highlighted over the last couple of games and probably the reasons why Tav and Borna haven’t been driving on so much so we just need to ensure the midfield have the nous and pace to cover if needed.

Shagger

Borna

Helander

Goldson

Tav

Kamara

Davis

Aribo

Roofe

Morelos

Kent

I don’t think we’ll see any curveballs for tomorrow’s starting line up and we just need to concentrate on our own game and don’t give them too much respect but be cautious as this is essentially their season or ten seasons to put it in some real context.

Saying that, this is our 55 and it’s been a long time coming 🙏🙏🙏

It's so weird now that under Gerrard I feel confident (not overly confident) and relaxed going into these games. Such a contrast from around 3 years when it was a dread to watch these games.

Don't get me wrong as soon as the line ups are in I turn into a nervous wreck again:lol:

Don’t think I’ve been as rough as I am today, it’s making kick off seem further away. Only 1 thing for it and it’s straight back on the beers. 

I’ve just stuck on Rangers 2-0, Morelos to score last, Brown and Duffy to be booked. 110/1, 20 bangers on it. 

11 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

It's so weird now that under Gerrard I feel confident (not overly confident) and relaxed going into these games. Such a contrast from around 3 years when it was a dread to watch these games.

Don't get me wrong as soon as the line ups are in I turn into a nervous wreck again:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm usually nervous most of the week prior to a game against the taigs but I'm feeling calm and confident going into this one. That might change closer to kick off though 😊

34 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

How can you relax going into these games, not even during 9iar back in the day could i relax, nevermind now lol

That game on ss3 now where jack put it thru browns legs was so one sided ridiculous chance after chance..it was to signal a change in mentality from us under stevie G. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How can you relax going into these games, not even during 9iar back in the day could i relax, nevermind now lol

Fuck knows I just feel confident in us just now it's weird! No doubt tomorrow I'll need ripped down from the ceiling:lol:

26 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm usually nervous most of the week prior to a game against the taigs but I'm feeling calm and confident going into this one. That might change closer to kick off though 😊

I think I'll be the same tomorrow as well:lol:

10 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Fuck knows I just feel confident in us just now it's weird! No doubt tomorrow I'll need ripped down from the ceiling:lol:

The only time i feel confident and calm about the next OF game is the minute the last one is done because its the longest time to the next one 😂😂

I still think it might be tougher than form would suggest, might be clichéd but if we score first I think they will have to push for an equaliser which may play into our hands. Individually they have players capable of causing us problems but recently as a team they have had a poor run. We do what we are capable of and we will win but we will need to be up for a battle. Come on Rangers let's go 🇬🇧

3 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Fuck sake captain obvious... a win is better than a draw!! 

That’s not what you said but.. you said a draw is a better result for them than it is for us.. it’s not! We’re the team with the 16 point lead! If they don’t win, it is then out of their hands! 

if the tables were turned and we were 16 points behind would you be saying us going to Parkhead and getting a draw to stay 16 points behind was a good result?! 🤦‍♂️

nobodies denying that we should be looking to batter them tomorrow but a draw is nowhere near as catastrophic as you’re making it out to be! 

Well I remember the celebrations for the draw against them parkhead when clint hill equalised.

the points youse are missing is the psychological effects. They are gaining confidence and if they take points off us they'll see that as a victory and can bounce on from that. 

Im no accepting a draw because we need to stay in the command seat, not letting them get a single point from the fixture. 

It makes the league faster to wrap up, especially since we have pretty tough fixtures coming up we need to keep on a run of wins. 

Archived