***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I don't think they will go for it, due to knowing that we could pick them off, can see them giving us a lot of the ball but pressing us high to force us into mistakes instead 

Really interested to see how they approach the game tbh! I can’t think of a formation/tactics that won’t play into our hands 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I don't think they will go for it, due to knowing that we could pick them off, can see them giving us a lot of the ball but pressing us high to force us into mistakes instead 

I've been expecting to see a desperate scum fc bombing forward hoping thumb and Edouard up top can hurt us. The old try to score more than us approach. 

If they do press high looking for mistakes, I think we've got the players to catch them out.  

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s the usual pre Old Firm nerves for me, but there’s nothing to fear off these cunts. They aren’t good, and we are. 

Unusual feeling being such a clear favourite though. Hasn’t been that way in a while.

It's not so much fear of them but what it could do to us not winning it. 

I have no rational reason to think that given what has gone so far from the team but the last few seasons are still raw. 

Hate these fucking games 

17 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Gerrard sounds quietly confident. We can do this Bears!

He's definitely got a right to be confident, we need to seal the deal though.

Over-confidence and being unprofessional are the two hurdles to overcome.

39 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Too many things in our favour imo. They need to go for it, we can destroy a team that goes for it as long as it's not a top European side. 

Their defence is not sorted, our attacking players and options are formidable. Our defence is very reliable too and we like a clean sheet. As long as our mentality on the day is solid we will win. 

I'm aware these games are unpredictable but can't see us not winning this one. 

Mate your spot on. I usually hate been confident going into these games but there is  to many things in our favour. Even if they play well its all about us.

They need to rely on us having a bad game for them to have any chance but for us as long as we play to our best we will win.

26 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's not so much fear of them but what it could do to us not winning it. 

I have no rational reason to think that given what has gone so far from the team but the last few seasons are still raw. 

Hate these fucking games 

😂 

Aye, nail on the head. 

Hate them but we live for these games. 

3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Mate your spot on. I usually hate been confident going into these games but there is  to many things in our favour. Even if they play well its all about us.

They need to rely on us having a bad game for them to have any chance but for us as long as we play to our best we will win.

I might be spot on mate but if it goes wrong tomorrow my analysis will mean nothing :lol:

53 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Really interested to see how they approach the game tbh! I can’t think of a formation/tactics that won’t play into our hands 🤷‍♂️

All the more reason for Gerrard to prevent any complacency in my opinion. 

Might not be a season changer, but could be a huge turning point to glory. 

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

All the more reason for Gerrard to prevent any complacency in my opinion. 

Might not be a season changer, but could be a huge turning point to glory. 

Think it could be a season changer, a negative result for us probably gives them more belief and once again puts doubt amongst us and our players that we can continue this run and not shit the bed 

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

A gambling man tends to take these fixtures for a draw.

Form tends to go right out the window. The team with the biggest fire in the belly wins.

I'm feeling confident that will be us.

I have to believe that Gerrard will ensure our players have this. For them, it's just about getting back in the race. For us, it's about obliterating 8/9 years of dominance due to corruption and cheating! We have to have the bigger grudge! 

17 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Think it could be a season changer, a negative result for us probably gives them more belief and once again puts doubt amongst us and our players that we can continue this run and not shit the bed 

We’ve history of fucking it after getting the big result against them, I’ve no worries for tomorrow I think if we’re going to crumble it’ll be Aberdeen or Motherwell,  9 points form the next three matches and I’ll be confident we’re not going to go tits up again and 55 will be ours. 

I’m about 95% certain we’ll smash the filthy taig bastards tomorrow 

Archived