When you got it wrong

Essandoh

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/01/2021 at 00:02, peter huistra said:

For some reason I had totally forgot about Super Ally, I was born 84 though but I can mind him being nicknamed the Judge a bit later.

Lovenkrands never really got going till big Eck came in and he got more game time that second half of 2001/2002 season, suppose Advocaat was just easing him and not really a bad start like I posted. 

He got injured, like I said. Was out for a good while and when he was fit again that's when Mcleish started playing him. He was still a fast player compared to most, but before his injury I seem to remember he could do 100m in under 10 seconds (don't know if that was bullshit or not, but definitely remember it getting said in the papers) if it wasn't true, he was 100% close to doing it in 10 seconds. Still the fastest player I have ever seen by some distance until that injury. 

On 26/01/2021 at 05:45, G13 said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it was the full stadium mate but he certainly took a hell of an amount of abuse from the stands, there was however still a bit of support for him. When he first came we were in a terrible place as a football team and the support was at each others throats, with him being the main striker he caught the brunt of it. 

Yeah, that's about spot on 👍

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Posts on here now under the name @Pure_Quality imo.

Man, those were the days.

I think the only day I got the most likes was the 1st January 2015 when King was rumoured to be buying shares off Miton and Artemis, a couple of days after T3B bought out Laxey. This was at the time Ashley and the Easdales were still in place.

I was in Brussels for New Year and had been drinking for about 3 days on end and Bawsburst was spouting his usual about King being a 'malcontent rheb'.

On hearing the rumour, while still extremely well lubricated on strong beer, I told him to have a final wank into a Mike Ashley Slazenger sport sock, and fuck off outside where I hoped he got run over by a McGills bus.

In hindsight I definitely got it wrong.

Should have said a Lonsdale sock and a Citybus, but the thought was there.

giphy - 2021-02-12T234542.579.gif

10 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Man, those were the days.

I think the only day I got the most likes was the 1st January 2015 when King was rumoured to be buying shares off Miton and Artemis, a couple of days after T3B bought out Laxey. This was at the time Ashley and the Easdales were still in place.

I was in Brussels for New Year and had been drinking for about 3 days on end and Bawsburst was spouting his usual about King being a 'malcontent rheb'.

On hearing the rumour, while still extremely well lubricated on strong beer, I told him to have a final wank into a Mike Ashley Slazenger sport sock, and fuck off outside where I hoped he got run over by a McGills bus.

In hindsight I definitely got it wrong.

Should have said a Lonsdale sock and a Citybus, but the thought was there.

giphy - 2021-02-12T234542.579.gif

Beelin beeler.

Yup - man enough to admit I was wrong..................

When Barry Ferguson was made Rangers captain by Dick Advocaat as a 22yr old I was a bit raging. I had been brought up on captains like Greig, Dawson, Jardine, Butcher and Gough. To me - these were all great leaders of men and giants of the game. I thought Ferguson was just a wee ned. I was wrong.

Archived