When you got it wrong

Essandoh

On 23/01/2021 at 11:53, peter huistra said:

Not many players survive at our club unless they hit the ground running can only think of a few examples where players have started poorly then managed to stay and establish themselves as first team regulars.

Ricksen being one and Lovenkrands who was quite young, suppose Goldson could fall into that category.

Hateley and McCoist both started very poorly. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Yup - man enough to admit I was wrong..................

When Barry Ferguson was made Rangers captain by Dick Advocaat as a 22yr old I was a bit raging. I had been brought up on captains like Greig, Dawson, Jardine, Butcher and Gough. To me - these were all great leaders of men and giants of the game. I thought Ferguson was just a wee ned. I was wrong.

I mean, Barry was a great player but he did leave a hotel bar to go home and put on his club tracksuit before coming back to have a fight with some tims who were winding him up, and he did end his career with us and Scotland acting like a five year old, so you weren't necessarily far off.

Ryan Jack. Changed my mind quite quickly on him but at the time he signed I just thought he wasn't either the type of player I wanted to see taking up a midfield slot, or good enough for us.

Similarly when we reportedly bid £700k for Lee McCulloch I was completely against it and was raging when we ended up paying over £2m for him. Now whilst by the end of his time at Rangers I thought him leaving was overdue, he definitely contributed in his time at the club.

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

Hateley and McCoist both started very poorly. 

People always say that about hateley but i canny mind that, did he no score two on his league debut, he scored 15 his first season which isnt too shabby given he was rotated with johnston and mccoist at times 

7 hours ago, Spectre said:

Ryan Jack. Changed my mind quite quickly on him but at the time he signed I just thought he wasn't either the type of player I wanted to see taking up a midfield slot, or good enough for us.

Similarly when we reportedly bid £700k for Lee McCulloch I was completely against it and was raging when we ended up paying over £2m for him. Now whilst by the end of his time at Rangers I thought him leaving was overdue, he definitely contributed in his time at the club.

Think a lot people were wrong with jack when he signed I was like why he’ll are we signing him for .Now I am shouting him be one of our 1st names on timesheets .

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I had high hopes for Zungu. I even thought he reminded me of Hemdani,

I'm not sure we will ever see him play again. lol

Every signing gets taken on the merit of the circumstances around it...we win the league and zungu will disappear without a trace....just say we were 15pts behind...he would still be the same player but ultimately he would be regarded as one of the worst ever

Said we'd never win anything with Tav in the team.

Said Davis would be a waste of a signing. 

Probably 2 of my worst.

There's been a few belters on here over the last few seasons though. Folk claiming Halliday was better than Barisic and it seemed like half the forum wanted Cummings in the team ahead of Morelos at one point as well :lol:

I've got it wrong plenty of times

But one time I got it right was when I said that the wee prick Scott Allan would patch us and sign for the vermin, had folk calling me a mongo and all sorts 😅 sure a poster on here claimed he'd join the green brigade if Allan signed for celtic 😅 cannae fuckin mind who it was now. I wish I'd put a bet on it would have probably been good odds.

But I was right, get it up yeez 😅 thank fuck anyway he's a wee nae-user bastard

6 hours ago, Willis said:

I've got it wrong plenty of times

But one time I got it right was when I said that the wee prick Scott Allan would patch us and sign for the vermin, had folk calling me a mongo and all sorts 😅 sure a poster on here claimed he'd join the green brigade if Allan signed for celtic 😅 cannae fuckin mind who it was now. I wish I'd put a bet on it would have probably been good odds.

But I was right, get it up yeez 😅 thank fuck anyway he's a wee nae-user bastard

Forgot Wee Jay used to support us.

On 13/02/2021 at 18:48, Jimbeamjunior said:

People always say that about hateley but i canny mind that, did he no score two on his league debut, he scored 15 his first season which isnt too shabby given he was rotated with johnston and mccoist at times 

I remember similar. Not a bad start but I think most of the grief he got was because Souness played him ahead of McCoist and favoured Hateley/Johnston up front. McCoist scored almost every time he came off the bench. Brilliant psychology from Souness though. There’s no doubt McCoist improved a lot as a player and they were the perfect forward pairing.  

On 14/02/2021 at 08:01, DarcheVinny said:

Slightly different, but Craig Whyte is my greatest error. 

I knew someone who knew his Dad who positively assured me he knew what he was doing...didn't end well.

He did kinda, i still believe that him and murray knew we'd lose the tax case, and contrived to force us into admin for non BTC issues so they could install their own administrators, keep the squad together along with the clubs assets, set up a cva and the club is debt free, still full squad and in the top league

The fact that hmrc voted no to the cva (have they ever done that to a club?) fucked their plans big time

Hence the race that fateful day to court for him to install d&p as the administrators, he heard hmrc were gonna do it and had to beat them to it

10 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Said we'd never win anything with Tav in the team.

Said Davis would be a waste of a signing. 

Probably 2 of my worst.

There's been a few belters on here over the last few seasons though. Folk claiming Halliday was better than Barisic and it seemed like half the forum wanted Cummings in the team ahead of Morelos at one point as well :lol:

At the time halliday was a better player than barisic given barisic was an utter shitebag and offered nothing in the way of fight, fuck knows what happened after gerrards first season but that summer barisic came back with a huge set of balls and showed that he was a top player

Archived