When you got it wrong

Essandoh

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanted Gerrard gone after either Hibs or Livi, probably both. 

Aribo would be our most important player this season. 

Wanted rid of Goldson in the summer as well. 

Tbf the ones I’ve stuck by is Tavernier is the best RB in Europe and Barisic is our best left footed player since Albertz. 

I have an unhealthy obsession with our full backs imo. 

Been many times I’ve made an arse of it but one that springs to mind is the beginning of the 2013/2014 season when we beat Brechin City 4-1 at Ibrox. After the previous season which had been pretty turgid, I thought we would have learned how to play in the lower leagues and was mega optimistic that we were about to see a really dominant side that season. Thought we even had potential to lift the League Cup or Scottish Cup if the draw was kind. We were dominant by going unbeaten in the league but the football was awful if not worse than the previous season. Players I thought would be key for us like Nicky Law and Ian Black clearly just there for the wage.

Maybe doesn't quite fit but I was yelling my heid aff at wee Alfredo for passing to Kamara in the Benfica game during our counter attack when Kamara scored.

"The fuck are you doing Alfredo!? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PASS TO KAMARA!? HE CANNAE SHOOT HE DOESNAE SCORE GOA- WHAT A FUCKING GOAL."

It’s pretty crazy that at the start of the season that Tavernier, Goldson and Kamara were 3 of the most criticised players and now look at them. 

Even like 10 games into the season Kamara was still getting abuse and people were moaning about the Jack-Kamara sitting partnership. Kamara been one of our best players now and definitely the best midfielder 

5 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Football fans are fickle, when have you made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it and been proven so wrong by a player/manager? :lol: 

I made a thread on here at the start of the season after 0-0 with Livingston saying we’d have a new manager by that time next year :belm:

When Gerrard was hired, I was pretty upset.

We'd been using youth coaches & guys from Dubai & was pissed that we were now hiring an under18s coach with no managerial experience.

Glad I know fuck all about football.

Archived