Zungu

RockwellGers

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

frustrating part for me, also same with jones, barker, hastie etc

Keeping our own youth back, Kai kennedy and Stephen Kelly better be part of our first team pool next season.

Both doing well on loan so you would think the next logical step would be involving them in our first team next season.

It's unfair to blame todays performance on him, Kamara, Aribo, Kent and Hagi weren't any better today either. It's also his 1st league start, hardly had enough time to impress.

Our biggest problem today was our inability to adapt to the high press. Similar to the old firm game, we struggled to exploit the huge spaces left in behind by Hamilton pressing the ball.

Is it a coincidence that , arguably , our two worst performances have come with him in the starting 11?

Could be but he does look like he's struggling with the pace of the Scottish game , he's not the first and won't be the last , but from what i've seen it's a no from me although i'm sure the management team will look at it differently.

For the 2 1/2 Million it'll take to sign him i'm sure there will be better out there than him.

Taken my time on this one. 

In the first half he sat in front of the defence, took the ball cleanly passed it forward ccassionly, but mostly  passed it sideways to Kamara, and Aribo, our two creative players. Most times he did this Kamara and Aribo gave him it straight back. 

Only time his pass went astray was when he was put in trouble by a pass on the right hand side and the player who passed disappeared rather than cover his back, Zungu then tried to pass it back to a player who had gone the wrong way, givng it to the opposition instead, almost causing a great chance for them. 

Didn't really show any tackling ability, though was seldom pressed. 

So basically an average performance, with one big mistake, and few outlets, but the rest of the midfield did him no favours either. 

Just doesn't seen to influence a game and we look weaker when he starts. Can't see we will be rushing to put down a couple of million to sign him permanently. Right thing that we loaned him first to have a look if that's the case. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Needs time on the ball he won't get that in Scotland has to really improve to earn a contract as he would not be a cheap option.

Honestly think in the limited time that Ive seen him that the sort of player that he is are ten a penny, certainly not 3 Millions worth in our league 

Archived