Zungu

RockwellGers

9 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

No for me personally, takes an age on the ball and off the ball he’s non-existent, the amount of times he jumped up for a header and was no where near winning the ball was very frustrating. The difference when Davis came on was freighting

Agreed, Zungu hasn’t delivered the goods so far.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing this "takes an age on the ball" stuff. The problem I see with Zungu is he needs to be more assertive. You would think a player trying to earn a contract would be willing to be more inventive.

When Jack came on, he took the game by the scruff of the neck, that's what makes him special.  Zungu has the qualities but he needs to impose himself on the game more. Maybe he just doesn't have the fire in the belly.

2 hours ago, Bannockbear said:

Receives the ball. Takes a touch. Puts foot on ball. Looks up.....looks down. Balls gone 

Not true more than not he found a blue shirt just not defence splitting passes.

Tidy on the ball does the simples things. I’m not too fussed if he goes in the summer, I think for 2 or 3 million we could get better but some of the stuff posted here is just baws.

Don’t think we’ll be seeing him next season some how. Today and St Mirren show our squad isn’t there yet in terms of missing 4/5 key players.

However we are still building and we’ll definitely get there. 👍🏻

23 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

He’s not terrible just have a lot better on the bench. Seemed to slow our play down more than anything else.

Problem is teams know if they can get in about him they can win the ball back. He’s definitely a weak link and isn’t suited to the Scottish game.

He’s ok to bring on for 10 mins to help see a game out but clearly not good enough to start, plays like it’s walking football and gave the ball away a couple times today. Player from Bournemouth, currently on loan at Wycombe coming in next season suggests Zungu won’t be signed permanently... thankfully

The fact a lot of people are having a go at him for not being creative and not driving forward to assert himself attacking wise is utterly mental, especially when two of the three number 10's who are actually meant to do what people want from zungu, havent kicked their arse in weeks or months

Davis can't be expected to play at his current level game after game season after season. Replacing a player of his quality will take money, not a free transfer or development fee for a player with a handful of games under their belt. One thing for sure is that Zungu is miles away from having enough quality and is no more than a bit part player.

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

We have set high standards this season.  He will need to work hard if he is to reach the required level.

Has he got it in him though?  at 28yrs old I’m thinking he’s passed his best. Sad to say but he’s not looking interested I think. 

not the type of player to drag you through a battle. 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Has he got it in him though?  at 28yrs old I’m thinking he’s passed his best. Sad to say but he’s not looking interested I think. 

not the type of player to drag you through a battle. 

He had a big change today and missed out.  He will get more chances but needs to step up. 

Not a chance he’ll be here next season, even if we were offered him on a free.

Seriously hope that Ross Wilson has his Big Bumper Book Of Midfielders by his side from now until the next window closes. Davis looked class today but we can’t keep relying on him. If we get a serious offer for Kamara, he’ll be off and Aribo has talent but he’s no midfield grafter. Thank fuck for Jack.

Maybe the lad from Bournemouth will help but he looks more like an enforcer than a craftsman.

Be good to see some of our own youngsters (Dickson especially) get a chance once the title is won.

But Zungu is a big NO from me.

Massive difference today when Davis and Jack were on the pitch.

The guys who came in didn't step up or even play well in spells, so wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't see Zungu again. Disappointed in Itten as it was a chance for him, but Zungu looks like he hasn't got the step up in quality that Davis or Jack bring. 

It's just such a weird signing because he's so unsuited to our style of play (unless we're playing in Europe (potentially). 

Starting him away from home on a tiny plastic pitch is the opposite of what he'd enjoy. I'm sure he found today as uncomfortable as we did watching it.

He's probably a decent footballer, but slows our game down something rotten due to the amount of time he needs on the ball.

All in all it's just been a bizarre signing. 

id rather see Ciaran Dickson,Stephen Kelly or Jamie Barjonas getting the chance, dont think any of them would be any worse than zunga plus counting as a scottish player for Euro squads. We kept giving barjonas contracts and now 22, i led to believe he was away permantley to Orange county, that cannot see that confirmed?

Like Ojo, Ejara before, the loan season bizzare signing.

9 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Massive difference today when Davis and Jack were on the pitch.

The guys who came in didn't step up or even play well in spells, so wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't see Zungu again. Disappointed in Itten as it was a chance for him, but Zungu looks like he hasn't got the step up in quality that Davis or Jack bring. 

To be fair to Itten, he took a knock quite early on and was limping for a while.  In normal circumstances, he could well have come off. Not sure whether he soldiered on because we’re so short in that department or if it was because he didn’t want to blow his opportunity. Still happy he’s here (especially as Roofe has gone off the boil) and his hold up play is good.

Archived