***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, will2203 said:

Sorry but he is on the park to score goals. He is still finding his feet but he was shite today.

Was he fuck :lol: :lol: What service did he have? I think I remember him getting 1 ball in the box today and he had 3 players around him. Every time he got the ball his back was to goal. 

Just now, jackg93 said:

How Shagger isn’t captain is beyond me. He’s the one that knows all about the demands of this club. Even if we had won the league by this game I’d still be raging at that performance 

Well that would be silly. 

We're you raging under Walters 9 in a row and second spell because we were losing games like those. 

6 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Gerrard needs to realise that you are not going to replace the qualities of Davis and Jack by brining in an English Championship player and guy from a team that got relegated in France last season. Why he felt the need to do that only he knows. As far as I am aware we have a free midweek so plenty time for players to recover.

The blame lies solely with Gerrard. Trying to be too clever - one look at that starting line up and you know it’s going to be a slog. 
He fucked it at St Mirren and he’s fucked it here 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Gerrard has to shoulder the majority of blame there. Has consistently underrated the challenge teams provide us domestically, and saved players for Europe.

Players should be good enough to beat Hamilton regardless though. 

He'll take the blame for today I'm sure.

But I don't get this resting players for Europe talk. Our next game is Kilmarnock at home. 

I can see why he dropped jack and Roofe with the pitch and them not long back from injury. Davis should had started that game.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Gerrard has to shoulder the majority of blame there. Has consistently underrated the challenge teams provide us domestically, and saved players for Europe.

Players should be good enough to beat Hamilton regardless though. 

He should take the blame for having too much loyalty to players that are hampering the team now and not enough to players that are performing for us.

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

See in about 6 weeks time the league will either be over or we'll be slap bang in the middle of a title fight, the way its going just now we're setting up to let them right back into it.

Fuckin behave we require 16 points. 

Honestly cunts on here are hoping we somehow fuck this we won't it's done. 

4 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

if it was reasonable then how did it end up 1-1? we'd be pumped off hamilton the day if it wasn't for the OG and mcgregors saves. we were fucking shite. thinking we were gonna score 4, 5, 6 goals is not reasonable.

Genuine nonsense right here. The game could have ended entirely different altogether and probably still would have ended a nil nil draw. 

Such a drama queen. 

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Take the matches since the turn of the year...

We've scored 1 goal in 5 of them. Scored 2 against 10 men Aberdeen & hammered County 5-0

We've had 1 really good performance in 7 games, it's not a 1 off or anything, we've been off the boil for 6/7 weeks now and are riding our luck big time. 

We’ve dominated every game in a very hard run of fixtures. Can’t always be a 3 or 4 nil win. 

That said, that was shite today. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The style has got us where we are this season. It allows us to dictate possession and play the game we want.

The level of performance shown by 4 or 5 today was what cost us full points. We didn't control the game for the vast majority of it. Why is it any of the few times we dont win you pipe up about systems but don't when we win? 🤣

Im not piping up about the system, others need to look elsewhere than blame a sitting mid, i actually think that system is better in scottish football but gerrard has blinkers on for some poor performers, kent and aribo have been shocking for weeks if not longer (barring one or two fleeting glimpses) and get 90mins, hagi, the only attacking mid who looked good last game and the only one who looked good in terms of linking up with our lone striker, is subbed along with said lone striker to bring on roofe who was just as bad if not worse last game 

588255655_Screenshot_20210207-141516_FlashScoreUK.thumb.jpg.4c64378d390e31c50ad553239aebc42a.jpg

People thinking they shooting stats are caused by switching a sitting midfielder are nuts, 

Nobody is panicking and it is not at all a disaster but our club and ethos is about standards and we have been well short the last few weeks. If it wasn’t for McGregor we’d have dropped far more points and out lead would be far less. 

Players can be off the boil. It’s difficult to expect guys like Tav to be magnificent all season but there has been too many poor in the last few games. And we’ve learned that when that happens we don’t have a squad good enough to come in and stake a claim for a 1st team jersey. 

We are still well in command but for me the players need an absolute rocket. Accies played like a team fighting today and credit to them but we brought that on ourselves with lack of urgency and sloppiness. The last few weeks have been the same. We need to forget about celtic and what they might do and decide ourselves how we want to win this league. Do we want to drop points and crawl over the line or do we want to be rampant. 

1 minute ago, tayside said:

They will drop points but we need to feckin wake up and I include the management team , our squad is not strong enough to keep our best player's on the bench , ruined my Sunday git to wait till Saturday now , pish 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

They might have dropped points on Wed but that from us will give them a lift. 
Our form is concerning 

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Madness to start Itten and Zungu in the same game IMO.

Madness to start Zungu full stop. Itten delivers with service which was invisible again today. Madness to continue playing a player who is so wildly out of form for the full 90. 

Archived