Goldson

jackrfc95

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

100%. Fulcrum of the team this year. Massively influential. 

Think McGregor's contribution gets inflated a bit because of the way he carries himself. People like his way. He hasn't actually had quite as many important saves as I've seen from him in past seasons, though. Probably largely because we don't concede many shots.

Good, but 4th best for me.

I think Mcgregor has made an unbelievable amount of important saves this season. I guess its a good problem to have, having so many top performers. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Inigo said:

100%. Fulcrum of the team this year. Massively influential. 

Think McGregor's contribution gets inflated a bit because of the way he carries himself. People like his way. He hasn't actually had quite as many important saves as I've seen from him in past seasons, though. Probably largely because we don't concede many shots.

Good, but 4th best for me.

40 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Barisic 5th, Kamara 6th probs. But for injury, Arfield would be up there. Lots of good contributions so far.

I’d have Kamara ahead of both McGregor and Barisic tbh

Just now, Garnock Blue said:

sorry but the lack of desire from Spfl teams to attack us kind of hides the fact that our defenders are really average,

eufa games show them up

Show them up ? It's a different style altogether in Europe we have had some solid results again this campaign abroad. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d have Kamara ahead of both McGregor and Barisic tbh

💯 Percent. Has probably become our most valuable asset. I remember at the start of the season saying he was the one player I wouldn't mind us cashing in on. Like a lot of things, I was wrong a.f.

It's difficult to choose this season. What it points to is that big players and seasoned professionals have really turned up this season in a season which may be difficult for some players to be motivated with the lack of fans. From back to front, we have been excellent.

20 minutes ago, Garnock Blue said:

sorry but the lack of desire from Spfl teams to attack us kind of hides the fact that our defenders are really average,

eufa games show them up

Go back and watch the qualifier against Galatasaray. Up against the likes of Falcao and Goldson that night was collosal. Average defenders don't concede as little goals as we have all season. 

32 minutes ago, Garnock Blue said:

eufa games show them up

Unbeaten in the league and Europe, imagine how good we’d be if our defenders weren’t ‘average’. 

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

💯 Percent. Has probably become our most valuable asset. I remember at the start of the season saying he was the one player I wouldn't mind us cashing in on. Like a lot of things, I was wrong a.f.

It's difficult to choose this season. What it points to is that big players and seasoned professionals have really turned up this season in a season which may be difficult for some players to be motivated with the lack of fans. From back to front, we have been excellent.

I said the same tbh, genuinely wanted rid of him at the point.

Goldson's had a great season. He's managed to reduce the number of silly mistake he's made in previous seasons, his distribution has vastly improved and he's also improved this aerial ability, becoming more of a goal threat.

Long way to go but I'd have him as favourite for POTL, he's been more consistent than Tav and Barasic who have both faded a little lately. McGregor and Davis must also be in with a shout.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Player of the year. 

Tav, Davis and McGregor all deserve mentions but Goldson pick of the bunch for me. Every minute of every game just about? 

Aint going to lie,but last season i said he was a fanny and was too soft.
Been proved wrong BIG STYLE, that you don't need to be a fuckin hammer thrower in this league.
Would give Connor and James 6 months each as POTY as it would be a shame to split them.

If Tav maintained his 2020 form it was his. He didnt. 

Goldson has been sensational defensively in a team that has lost only 7 league goals. 8 league points, and we're mid Feb. He's also contributed brilliantly to the goals for column.

Others have done brilliantly well, buy nowhere near consistently enough.

Connor Goldson  POTY 20/21 👏👏👏

2 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Show them up ? It's a different style altogether in Europe we have had some solid results again this campaign abroad. 

But conceded plenty of goals. He’s been good but Davis had been player of the year by a mile.

The way he has dictated and influenced games this year has been something else. would’ve chosen Tavernier but his performances have drifted post new year but Davis has been Mr Consistency.

Tough call. I'm 50/50 on Davis and Goldson. Goldson's game time is staggering and set us on the road to 55 with his brace in October's six pointer. Davis however shades it for me, top pro, and brings out the best in his team mates. We have strong competition in the middle of the park, Davis would always be my first pick. He knows the script.

That said, this season especially has been all about the team and for the first time in many years we have a steady and consistent game plan and structure. The hours on the training field and the clear "buy-in" to the system from all of the players should not go unnoticed, nor should the collective end product.  

Archived