Joe Aribo

Clemdog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Like most players, then... ? ;) 

Not really no. Every player is capable of being a match winner and pulling a 10/10 performance out of the bag but the best players who do that still put in a consistent 7/10 every week even when they aren’t at their “best”.  As an example, when was the last time you remember Ryan Jack or Steven Davis actively having a bad game for us?

When Aribo isn’t at his best he’s like a 4/10 and a complete passenger and that’s the issue. He needs to find a consistent “baseline” to his performances if he ever wants to nail down a starting spot and become an important player for us.

He's deserved every bit of criticism going his way before today. But by fuck that wasn't just a motm individual performance today, he drove us on and led us to victory. Excellent overall performance and he's just set his bar for the remainder of the season.

That there today is the attitude, desire, application and impact I want to see much more regularly.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Be good if he could do it 6-7 games out of 10 instead of 2 in 10. He’s not a young player anymore and has been here for a couple of years. Hopefully finally kicks on and doesn’t pick up any injuries either

Just legs for us imo.

I've been amazed at how many give the boy a hard time tbh. 

Young talent that will not just improve but may very well make us a huge amount of money in the future. 

Hit and miss on occasions is totally normal in his development. 

On form and focused he is unplayable for defences. Looking forward to seeing him and us in the Champions League. 

Superb today but once every 5/6 games isn’t good enough.

once we go a couple of goals up he comes into his own but as others have said, in tougher more competitive games he’s non existent.

Him and Kent looked a lot more like it today and hopefully kick on now.

When were under a bit of pressure like the first 20 mins today you need someone to step up and make something happen, that's what Aribo did, started dictating our play and make things happen, going to be a special player for us or someone else.

1 minute ago, Drumloyal said:

Needs a song to the tune of d.i.s.c.o by ottawan. 

A.R.I.B.O

A.R.I.B.O

He is A, athletic

He is R, a Ranger

He is I, Irresistible

He has B, Bravado

He is Ooooooh Ooooooh Oooooh

Fuckin nailed it.  

:boughy:

ImmediateSpryBettong-max-1mb.gif

57 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

A match winner when he’s on his game, like he was today, but a total passenger when he isn’t. That’s what is so frustrating about him. 

Never going to find top level consistency at that position but needs to get to 2 out of 3 great games rather than 1 out of 3. At his best he does things that 99% of this league couldn’t do in their dreams 

Genuinely think he could be a £20 million player. It’s not out of the realms of reality that we could sell him and Kamara for £40 million once they are playing in the Champions League stage showcasing their talents.

Not bad for £400k!

Archived