***** The Official Livingston vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I think the issue is is that Gerrard didnt know at the time and he found out about the death from a journo at a press conference

And?  He only asked him If he wanted to pay his respects.  Guarantee there was press conferences up and down the country and managers were asked the samE question.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

And?  He only asked him If he wanted to pay his respects.  Guarantee there was press conferences up and down the country and managers were asked the samE question.

I never really seen any real issue either tbh, genuine question or request and I reckon Gerrard likely did have an idea of it in same capacity

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Should have been done offline, and then can ask him at the next conference. Press are absolute leeches.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Should have been done offline, and then can ask him at the next conference. Press are absolute leeches.

At the end of the day of Gerrard was offended by it I’m pretty sure going by previous conferences he would have said so and if Rangers had a problem with it they would have removed it from the RTV press conference.   A lot of nonsense over nothing, a Liverpool legend had sadly passed and all he was asked was to pay his respects to him. 

57 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I never really seen any real issue either tbh, genuine question or request and I reckon Gerrard likely did have an idea of it in same capacity

Whit? He said he had no idea. Or do you think he has spidey senses? 

Two thoughts:

Given the Liverpool connection and the esteem in which The Saint was held, it was poor to spring it on Gerrard, although, having seen the reaction of Chris Wilder, it looked as if it was also sprung on him at the same time.

And secondly, Aribo is NOT a midfield player. Fed up with people quoting him in for Jack. If Arfield is fit, he goes in. If he’s unavailable, play young Dickson. If he’s unavailable, play Zungu. But do not, DO NOT, quote Aribo as a midfielder. Even better playing Hagi in there.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

You may be correct but ow many of those asked wod have known St John and classed them as a friend. I think you can see Gerrard is visibly upset by the news, probably not the best way for him to find out. 

31 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Hope we are up for it and come out the fuckin traps. No fannying about or pedestrian stuff for first 30mins. Get fuckin into them and win this league. Come on Rangers 

Yes hopefully we will see that kind of start mate and get the 3 points we all want.  :thumbup:

Archived