Goldson

GOAT

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If he is happy that his agents are wanting more than what Morelos is on then he can safely leave this window.

Where are you getting this from?

And, if it's true, it's a perfectly valid request from Goldson's perspective. Alfie has gone awol, been sent off stupidly a ridiculous amount of times. He's missed a large amount of games in his Rangers career due to his own actions. I'm not his biggest fan but Goldson hasn't missed a game. The dressing room is a workplace, if you saw someone like Alfie behaving now and again the way he does and found out he's on significantly more money than you seen him rewarded with 3 or 4 new contracts, then you would be wanting more as well.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Balogun, Simpson and Katic are levels below Goldson. 

Helander is on par. 

Cunts want Goldson dropped, but the rest have had far more clangers than him. 

Goldson vs spartak 3-4

Goldson vs celtic 0-2

Goldson vs Hamilton 0-1

Goldson vs hibs 2-2 

Thats just off the top of my head, probably been plenty more you just don’t realise because Gerrard never publicly throws him under the bus like he does when katic makes a mistake.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Goldson is the right sided defender, so it’s basically him or Balogun. Balogun cost us both goals against Malmö IMO. Defending was abysmal. There’s no way Goldson should be sitting out for him. 

I have not suggested  otherwise, I am suggesting others may benefit from being first pick and not rotated. Helander is in my opinion our best CB, I don't believe Goldson is the all and end all of our defending. 

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Where are you getting this from?

And, if it's true, it's a perfectly valid request from Goldson's perspective. Alfie has gone awol, been sent off stupidly a ridiculous amount of times. He's missed a large amount of games in his Rangers career due to his own actions. I'm not his biggest fan but Goldson hasn't missed a game. The dressing room is a workplace, if you saw someone like Alfie behaving now and again the way he does and found out he's on significantly more money than you seen him rewarded with 3 or 4 new contracts, then you would be wanting more as well.

I'm merely just replying to what Canada posted. 

Alfie got to being the highest earner because of the seasons he carried us when we were shite and because of the big interest from others. 2 big points that Goldson has not got. Alfies flaws have been in the most part corrected with maturity and coaching. 

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What's it go to do with Morelos wages?  

It's got to do with our wage limit structure that Morelos is at the top of. If Goldsons agents wanted a wage rise that is within that limit then surely this stalling wouldn't be happening and Goldson would be signed up. All speculation but does make sense to me.

Personally I think Goldson is overrated by Gerrard. Helander is a better CB in my opinion. 

Goldson is prone to a lapse in concentration causing issues at the back. If he’s not prepared to commit to a new contract then I’d actively look to move him on. 

Cahill could be an able replacement if only in the short term. 

57 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Goldson has a long list of mistakes, where are Katic's?. If the latter hadnt popped his knee, it would be him and Helander as the two centre halfs. 

The same Katic that was dropped for Worrall and even Edmundson?

Katic was not, is not and will never be good enough.

9 minutes ago, ken said:

Personally I think Goldson is overrated by Gerrard. Helander is a better CB in my opinion. 

Goldson is prone to a lapse in concentration causing issues at the back. If he’s not prepared to commit to a new contract then I’d actively look to move him on. 

Cahill could be an able replacement if only in the short term. 

Just like Bruno Alves?

Stay clear of these signings.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The same Katic that was dropped for Worrall and even Edmundson?

Katic was not, is not and will never be good enough.

You are probably correct in terms of Katic. Games played v mistakes- I wonder which of our CB’s come out on top ? 

I think Goldson is marginally better than Katic but really from an experience point of view. Neither are great. 

3 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

It's amazing how quick cunts can turn on a player after just a few games following an amazing season.

Always have the opinion all players get a clean slate at the start of every season regardless what they achieved the seasons before.

Goldson was a colossus for us in achieving 55 and will be written in the history books as such. This season he has to show he is still that colossus.

5 minutes ago, ken said:

You are probably correct in terms of Katic. Games played v mistakes- I wonder which of our CB’s come out on top ? 

I think Goldson is marginally better than Katic but really from an experience point of view. Neither are great. 

More than marginally, he never gets injured never gets suspended and he never misses a game. 

The other defenders in the squad do not bring what Goldson does to the way we play, I do think Katic with a run of games would be a solid defender for us, but him or Helander do not have all of Goldson's attributes i.e linking with the midfielder's and playing the ball out under pressure.  

33 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'm merely just replying to what Canada posted. 

Alfie got to being the highest earner because of the seasons he carried us when we were shite and because of the big interest from others. 2 big points that Goldson has not got. Alfies flaws have been in the most part corrected with maturity and coaching. 

It's got to do with our wage limit structure that Morelos is at the top of. If Goldsons agents wanted a wage rise that is within that limit then surely this stalling wouldn't be happening and Goldson would be signed up. All speculation but does make sense to me.

I was wondering where you got the idea that Goldson wanted more money than Morelos.

You posted it as if you knew that his agents were asking for more than Morelos. Have you just made that up?

3 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

More than marginally, he never gets injured never gets suspended and he never misses a game. 

The other defenders in the squad do not bring what Goldson does to the way we play, I do think Katic with a run of games would be a solid defender for us, but him or Helander do not have all of Goldson's attributes i.e linking with the midfielder's and playing the ball out under pressure.  

Yes some very good points 👍he does have a lot more to his play than the others. 

I was meaning from a simple defending point of view, after all that is his basic duty. 

I think Goldson is ok and don’t want to sound like I’m being derogatory but he is just “ok” nothing more. 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was wondering where you got the idea that Goldson wanted more money than Morelos.

You posted it as if you knew that his agents were asking for more than Morelos. Have you just made that up?

Read the rest of my post. Its purely from a speculative view. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Read the rest of my post. Its purely from a speculative view. 

There is nothing speculative about the below re the actions of his agents. You present their position as fact and only speculate that Goldson is happy with their actions:

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

If he is happy that his agents are wanting more than what Morelos is on then he can safely leave this window.

You only claimed it was speculative after I asked you where you were getting the above from.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

I have not suggested  otherwise, I am suggesting others may benefit from being first pick and not rotated. Helander is in my opinion our best CB, I don't believe Goldson is the all and end all of our defending. 

I agree. He and Goldson are miles ahead of Balogun, Katic and Simpson. Not sure anyone can dispute that. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There is nothing speculative about the below re the actions of his agents. You present their position as fact and only speculate that Goldson is happy with their actions:

You only claimed it was speculative after I asked you where you were getting the above from.

Well I can't help that you took that reply to canada post as ITK pish.