Goldson

GOAT

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

We have such rose tinted glasses when being nostalgic. All of these guys had quiet or poor games occasionally especially in Europe and were not reaching the peaks of excellence every week.

In terms of consistency and week on week effectiveness I think Kamara would get in to any of the matchday squads in the past 40 years. 

Squad he maybe has a shout, first eleven not for me.

Kamara is a great player in this current team, however the general consensus last season was Davis was more consistent, this season a lot of people are looking for Jack coming back in to make the difference.

I agree there can be nostalgic sentiment about all our yesterday’s, in this instance I think this is the reverse in that people are under appreciating the quality of our midfield in the last 40 years to suggest that Kamara would be in the first team before the players I suggested.

46 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Goldson has to be told (Monday morning) to sign the offered contract or instruct his agent to find him another club. It's that simple.

I agree. It’s not hard and the deal supposed to be good. I still think he’s holding out for move but I don’t think it will come. 

On 15/08/2021 at 13:46, Gazza2258 said:

I agree. It’s not hard and the deal supposed to be good. I still think he’s holding out for move but I don’t think it will come. 

Surely cant be allowed to go on, we cant be left without what was arguably our No.1 CB and no time to sign a replacement.

Wondering if we should sign Cahill, hes on a free after all , Goldson can then park his backside on the bench until he signs.

Just had enough of his nonsense now.

On 15/08/2021 at 12:59, GersInCanada said:

Goldson has to be told (Monday morning) to sign the offered contract or instruct his agent to find him another club. It's that simple.

It’s not that simple though. 

He’s got a deal with another 11 months on it. He under no obligation to sign a new one. Plenty players run their deals down. It’s Gerrard’s decision to play him or not. 

He’s been pish so far this season, but so have plenty players who haven’t been linked with a move away or have a contract nearing its end. I don’t think the two are necessarily related.    

On 15/08/2021 at 01:57, ZZed said:

I thnk that Helander is the one who organises the defense between him and Goldson. We need to get Helander back in the team.

Goldson is the leader of the back line, which is basically why he's never dropped.

Haven't even heard of any clubs being linked with Goldson. Reality is in less than 4 months time he can negotiate a move away from the club and we get the sum total of zero.

Both he and Kamara stalling on what appears to good deals can upset the harmony in the dressing room. Really needs to sorted by this weekend.

23 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Haven't even heard of any clubs being linked with Goldson. Reality is in less than 4 months time he can negotiate a move away from the club and we get the sum total of zero.

Both he and Kamara stalling on what appears to good deals can upset the harmony in the dressing room. Really needs to sorted by this weekend.

It doesn’t really.

Kamara is playing well, just that he’s been suspended in Europe. Goldson has been pish, but it’s not like his contract went another month along and he decided he doesn’t want to try anymore. 

42 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Kamara I'm sure is tied up til summer of 2023. There's no rush to sign, no risk, we're purely trying to further protect our asset. Don't see his situation affecting the squad in the slightest.

We've got 2 weeks left of the window. I don't want us to be scrambling for another centre half on deadline day because Goldson is stalling and therefor has to be sold now. 

Give him and his agent to the end of the week. If they still stall then sell him to the highest bidder. Wilson and Gerrard should have his replacement already earmarked.

RANGERS legend Brian Laudrup reckons it’s “strange” that Connor Goldson hasn’t penned a contract extension yet.
The former Denmark great revealed that uncertainty over his own future affected his performances in his final year at Ibrox.

And Laudrup wondered whether Goldson could find it similarly tricky the longer his own situation remains unresolved.
The defender is out of contract next summer and, writing in his Daily Mail column, Laudrup hopes there will be an outcome soon to sort it.

He said: “Goldson has been regarded as the best central defender at the club - rightly so, in my opinion - so why didn't he sign a new contract months ago?
“All the noises have been very positive. Yet nothing has been confirmed.
“What's the issue? It seems strange.
“I always think clarity is key for a player. Otherwise, performances can be affected.

“Uncertainty about your future can be such a corrosive thing for a footballer. And for a dressing room as a whole. I know that from the personal experience of my last year at Rangers.
“I know fans will say you are paid a lot of money to get on with it - and that's absolutely true.
“But it's not easy to just switch your brain off from thinking about what's next for your family, how and where will they be settled? I can sympathise with anyone in that position.
“You go home and talk about it with your wife or partner. You discuss all the options and worries.

“It uses up energy. When those aspects of your life are sorted, you can concentrate fully on being a footballer.
“I don't know Goldson personally or what's in his mind just now but finalising his situation one way or the other would surely be best for all parties. There has to be an outcome soon.
“He hasn't started the season in great form and maybe this issue has been a contributor.
“If players don't commit their futures or know where they stand, it can become a problem. The feeling can spread. And if that happens, as I said at the start, it can be deadly within a dressing room.
“I'm sure Goldson and the other guys who have come up from south of the border love it in Scotland. As a club, Rangers gets deep into your affections.
“They came to Glasgow to try and put Rangers back on top. To stop Celtic and to win 55. Maybe for some of the players brought in - and I'm only speculating here - it now feels like mission completed.
“It's not impossible that they might have a sense of 'OK, I've done it here. I want to take it somewhere else before I finish my career and prove myself again'.
“There is nothing wrong with thinking that way in football. But, if so, you want answers and your future settled as soon as possible.”

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

We've got 2 weeks left of the window. I don't want us to be scrambling for another centre half on deadline day because Goldson is stalling and therefor has to be sold now. 

Give him and his agent to the end of the week. If they still stall then sell him to the highest bidder. Wilson and Gerrard should have his replacement already earmarked.

I've got a horrible feeling we're losing 3 or 4 in the last couple of days 

On 15/08/2021 at 12:59, GersInCanada said:

It's too late now it should have been by the first day of preseason training and not allowed to creep into the new season and that goes for any player approaching the final year of their contract.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ive yet to see it confirmed that he has an offer on the table to sign.  Gerrard talked about hoping to get it sorted, but have we actually offered him a deal?

Connor said he's had talks with Gerrard and Wilson then handed it over to his representatives.

I'm sure Gerrard mentioned last week that Goldson and Kamara have had very good new offers from the club and its the players decision now. It actually sounded like he was getting fed up waiting. If they aren't sure about signing on then we need to move them out asap and try get some money in whilst they have value. It will be difficult though if nobody is bidding for them.

52 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Connor said he's had talks with Gerrard and Wilson then handed it over to his representatives.

Yeah but that confirms nothing. Just thinking of how often you hear the contract is on the table type chat but that's not been said on this occasion afaik. Someone said on here recently there'd been no offer, not sure if they were serious or itk.