Goldson

GOAT

Just now, ESWF said:

They were never troubled. McLaughlin put Simpson under more pressure than what Dunfermline did.

Shaky in a 5 zip route going on 10-0. 

It was a horrible pass from McLaughlin but Simpson got it down quite well, unfortunately he tried a poor turn and nearly put us in trouble. 

29 minutes ago, ESWF said:

They were never troubled. McLaughlin put Simpson under more pressure than what Dunfermline did.

Did you miss the one were Goldson tried to clear the ball at the edge of the box and missed it completely? 

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Did you miss the one were Goldson tried to clear the ball at the edge of the box and missed it completely? 

I saw that. One moment in a 5 going on 9 nil win. Rangers fans sure love a negative. 

2 minutes ago, ESWF said:

I saw that. One moment in a 5 going on 9 nil win. Rangers fans sure love a negative. 

It's not a negative mate, it's lapses in concentration.  I like Goldson but he's been dodgy since the start of the season and a couple of games out might be a good thing to get his focus back

4 minutes ago, ESWF said:

He’s started the season poorly that’s a fact. He should be nowhere near the starting 11 until he fully commits to the club. 

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

He’s started the season poorly that’s a fact. He should be nowhere near the starting 11 until he fully commits to the club. 

Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic, Arfield, Lundstram, Kent all started poorly. Bin them, start a man down? 5 weeks ago he was our rock…

He really needs to get his contract sorted out one way or the other.

Played in every game last season and was immense. A shadow of his former self this season.  Obviously distracted. 

This drama has lingered on far too long. Sort it out so we all know where we stand.

11 minutes ago, ESWF said:

Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic, Arfield, Lundstram, Kent all started poorly. Bin them, start a man down? 5 weeks ago he was our rock…

When did I say bin him? I take it you missed the part were I said he shouldn’t be playing until his contract situation is sorted.

1 hour ago, peter huistra said:

It's actually scary how good he his, wouldn't have looked out place in Advocaat's team or any other great Rangers side for that matter.

Kamara is a great player and looks like he can develop further but he would get nowhere near Ferguson and GvB mate, they were bossing it at CL level.

29 minutes ago, ayro said:

Kamara is a great player and looks like he can develop further but he would get nowhere near Ferguson and GvB mate, they were bossing it at CL level.

No I definitely think he would have been more than capable of being part of that squad, Advocaat played McInnes at home to PSV are you saying Kamara is not as good ? 

He's one of the most intelligent midfielders we have had for a long time. 

He has ability, but he's not all that. He was shit when he arrived and he became more consistent. He's not the big intimidating braveheart defender. Peaked last season and now showing where his loyalty lies. Then their is Simpson! Where the fuck is Hellander and what's going on?

8 hours ago, peter huistra said:

No I definitely think he would have been more than capable of being part of that squad, Advocaat played McInnes at home to PSV are you saying Kamara is not as good ? 

You said wouldn’t look out of place in the team not the squad of great Rangers teams, so he is displacing guys like Gazza, Durrant, Ferguson, Steven etc.

Need to agree to disagree.

11 hours ago, ESWF said:

11 hours ago, ESWF said:

Make up yer mind was it 9 or 10

59 minutes ago, ayro said:

You said wouldn’t look out of place in the team not the squad of great Rangers teams, so he is displacing guys like Gazza, Durrant, Ferguson, Steven etc.

5bf Ferguson aside he's a completely dif type of player to the others, he could easily have played just behind a combo of any of those 2 easily 

9 hours ago, peter huistra said:

One thing the commentator mentioned the other night and I never realised until u genuinely watch him closely. He literally only jogs about the park and very rarely breaks into a full on sprint as his positional play and reading of the game is outstanding 

2 hours ago, ayro said:

We have such rose tinted glasses when being nostalgic. All of these guys had quiet or poor games occasionally especially in Europe and were not reaching the peaks of excellence every week.

In terms of consistency and week on week effectiveness I think Kamara would get in to any of the matchday squads in the past 40 years.