Goldson

GOAT

Tuesday night was like a throwback to Spartak away with his inability to clear a ball with his left foot.

No idea what he was thinking at times today - like that failure to usher out a ball near the end.

For as much as Lundstram is to blame, Goldsons position was really off for their goal today as well. 

It's clear that last season was the exception to his time here. We aren't in a position to be fucking around waiting for him to decide. The fact he hasn't probably says more. I'd be getting him out the door ASAP, if he stays without commitment then we know what he's like when his head is elsewhere, and that could spell a disaster for us 

9 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

He didn't cost us that match.

His poor positioning means he isn't able to cover Lundstram. The main culprit is Lundstram not tracking his runner but if Goldson is switched on and where he should be then it makes the goal preventable.

Look at the gap between him and Tav, he's far too late in realising he needs to shift across. If he's where he needs to be he can cover the mistake - that's what is job is.

Back to Jan-March pre-COVID Goldson, same with Tav, same with Kent and the same with Kamara when they were all shite. If they don't have the motivation for another season they should have fucked off in the summer. 

The tims didn't add quality before Rodgers' second season and they ended up sleep walking their way to a treble because of how bad the rest of the league was, we won't get that luxury. 

Fucking finger oot man. Fucking hell. 

Let him run down his contract or sell him simple. He's swanning about at the back like he's fucking Beckenbauer. Playing that stinking long ball across the pitch at least  5 times a game. He's taken his foot off the gas because we won the league last year. Everyone wants our scalp does he not realise this. Hopefully today has given them the boot up the arse they're needing. Fuck this I'm having a beer

10 minutes ago, Steely said:

I thought Kent and Morelos were worst players in the park. 

I could not understand why it took until the 70th minute (give or take) for Gerrard to get them off

Morelos i understand as he needs minutes for sharpness on tuesday. 

Kent and Lundstram should have been subbed at half time. Gerrard needs to be much more proactive with his subs imo. I think he trusts the players too much to gives them too much time to try and turn it around instead of actually looking to switch things himself. 

For him to day about the contract taking a back seat whilst he concentrates on the season only to turn in these performances are a joke. 

Usually a rock but does some proper non league level stuff at times, clearing the ball directly in the air and jockeying the ball out only to somehow lose it both spring to mind. 

26 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

He didn't cost us that match.

I feel we're falling into old scapegoats here. I don't think he was that bad. Had a moment or two, but otherwise ok. A midfielder was most responsible for the goal. The defence didn't look like conceding if not for an unlucky break and a midfielder falling asleep.

32 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Clearly he’s jumped into the old DeLoreon and replaced himself with 2020 Goldson for the first games here.  You set the standard last season big man, you need to keep it standard going.  Not good enough first few games.  One great season doesn’t mean nothing this season.

It's the fans mate, coming from the reserves of a small club in England he can't hack the pressure playing for a our massive club and it shows big time.

Him and tav if the money is right would be the first 2 out the door. I mean in Patterson we have a ready made replacement for tav and to a lesser extent we have a decent selection of CBS to chose from

2 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Their goal was a freak deflection caught us out, Goldson is still a quality player and will show that against Malmö 

He didn’t show it against Malmo on Tuesday. In fact, he some how managed to miss kick the ball in the lead up to their second goal, at a time when it was 100 times easier to either put the foot on it or just rattled it to fuck.

He’s worrying me so far this season.