John Lundstram

The Dude

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Don't you start. I like you 

I’m not saying get rid mate but i’m struggling to see why we signed Lundstram.

Absolutely fair enough if we view him as an 8 to replace Jack but if that’s the case we still need a goal scoring midfielder to replace the role that SA can do when fully fit and on form.

I have no doubt he will be effective in some games but today's performance will happen more often.

He is an average player. He slows the play down and I believe he has altered the chemistry in the team.

Some change in opinions in here since the original Lundstarm thread. 

He received too much hype imo.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I've been far from impressed by him so far but this isn't so much about his overall quality as it is his style of play.

I've not seen much of him prior to Rangers and always got the impression he was more of a holding midfielder than the one who goes beyond and makes runs into the box etc. However, when he arrived both Gerrard and the player spoke about him scoring regularly for us (he's scored 15 times in a just under a decade).

Is he too similar in style to the likes of Jack, Kamara and Davis and does he add anything we don't already have?

They are all too similar. We desperately need a creative forward thinking midfielder- someone who will burst into the box. None of Jack, Kamara, Davis or Lundstrum have that 

Just now, The Dude said:

The guy's scored 15 goals in a decade. I don't think that's his style at all.

Not box to box in the sense of an Arfield who gets in good positions/goes beyond the striker but from what I've seen of him his strengths are definitely getting about the park/his physicality 

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Not box to box in the sense of an Arfield who gets in good positions/goes beyond the striker but from what I've seen of him his strengths are definitely getting about the park/his physicality 

Thats really what we needed to sign this summer rather than another 'physical' type midfielder.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not saying get rid mate but i’m struggling to see why we signed Lundstram.

Absolutely fair enough if we view him as an 8 to replace Jack but if that’s the case we still need a goal scoring midfielder to replace the role that SA can do when fully fit and on form.

On the money, arfields late runs into the box, or playing in between the lines, we only have that from hagi, everyone else either drops deep to collect the ball, or already plays with the opposition defence in front of them

We should never be playing a 3 sitting midfield in the spfl, even against the tarriers, 2 only and rotate between lundstrum, kamara and davis, 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We only have hagi who can kind of replicate scott arfields game, the rest are all completely different and it shows when both arfield and hagi don't play

He has been slow to adapt to Rangers style of play and , i know it's only two games , the Scottish game but we don't know how SG is instructing him and where he wants him to play.

More than a few times today I noticed him stop when breaking forward and passing sideways or back. There was no drive to go forward from him.

Maybe he's never seen a team park the bus defensively before like that but he'd better get used to it because that is the way teams are going to set up against us again this season.

For their goal , and yes it was a bad bounce , but him and Tavernier failed to track the run of the goalscorer , a full back.

I think we took our eye off the ball today with an eye on Tuesday night , the thing is though should we lose on Tuesday night today's performance will linger longer than it should.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

On the money, arfields late runs into the box, or playing in between the lines, we only have that from hagi, everyone else either drops deep to collect the ball, or already plays with the opposition defence in front of them

We should never be playing a 3 sitting midfield in the spfl, even against the tarriers, 2 only and rotate between lundstrum, kamara and davis, 

The 3 Centre midfielders standing in a straight line in midfield is a complete and utter nonsense.

It was two years ago and we virtually did away with it yet here we are again.

It then relies on full backs and front three but when you have Kent who had an absolute shocker, Tav poor and Then Borna who looks miles off it then you’re down to Aribo and Morelos to create.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The 3 Centre midfielders standing in a straight line in midfield is a complete and utter nonsense.

It then relies on full backs and front three but when you have Kent who had an absolute shocker, Tav poor and Then Borna who looks miles off it then you’re down to Aribo and Morelos to create.

Even if tav and borna are on it, your still asking them to inch perfect a cross to one striker in the box against 3 defenders, 2 of which in scottish football will be towering brick shithouse centre halves, fair enough if we are quick to shuffle the ball wide and get the cross in when it's maybe 1v1, but 1v3 ia ridiculous and inevitably because we have 3 guys sitting, when the ball is headed out, our opponents have double the men we have to get the loose ball

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He has been poor but it's too early to say he offers fuck all

So what’s he looked like offering so far? 

Or during his full career to this point? Sheffield United fans all think he’s pish as well 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

So what’s he looked like offering so far? 

Or during his full career to this point? Sheffield United fans all think he’s pish as well 

Can't understand why so many have a problem with just telling it as it is. He offers nothing. 

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A no even half fit Morelos at that. I have no idea what the answer is to Tuesday's problem. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Can't understand why so many have a problem with just telling it as it is. He offers nothing. 

So far cost us a goal that might (hopefully not) cost us our place in the UCL by being a complete coward and a goal that’s got us beat off Dundee United 

Hasnt offered one single bit of positivity on the ball, looks on a different planet never mind wavelength from the rest of the team and on top of that looks a lazy bastard 

But you can’t criticise him for that apparently