John Lundstram

The Dude

28 minutes ago, ESWF said:

He’s replaced Bongani Zungu in terms of squad position. IE; squad player. We need a different type of player to Lundstram in the midfield. Just like we needed last summer. 

Glad we've replaced those 1 and half minutes that Zungu contributed once giving away a foul.

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

I've been far from impressed by him so far but this isn't so much about his overall quality as it is his style of play.

I've not seen much of him prior to Rangers and always got the impression he was more of a holding midfielder than the one who goes beyond and makes runs into the box etc. However, when he arrived both Gerrard and the player spoke about him scoring regularly for us (he's scored 15 times in a just under a decade).

Is he too similar in style to the likes of Jack, Kamara and Davis and does he add anything we don't already have?

On what we've seen so far he's nowhere near as good as any of these three.

2 hours ago, ESWF said:

He’s replaced Bongani Zungu in terms of squad position. IE; squad player. We need a different type of player to Lundstram in the midfield. Just like we needed last summer. 

Agreed. We need both a box to box player similar in style to Stuart McColl and a number 10.  For all the midfielders we have none of them can effectively play either of these roles.

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Lol, you’re an absolute weapon tbh man. Pointless engaging with you. You offer nothing to the forum bar the laughs you get from your fellow fannies who are on here for a laugh 

This is some meltdown over the fact I don’t think a player who has played a couple of games competitively for us should be dropped “indefinitely” :lol:

Catch a grip you lunatic, you’re turning into a parody of your usual moaning bastard self.

5 hours ago, The Beast said:

Agreed. We need both a box to box player similar in style to Stuart McColl and a number 10.  For all the midfielders we have none of them can effectively play either of these roles.

We have needed that type of player for 3 years and hes still not got one........

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

This is some meltdown over the fact I don’t think a player who has played a couple of games competitively for us should be dropped “indefinitely” :lol:

Catch a grip you lunatic, you’re turning into a parody of your usual moaning bastard self.

Mate I messaged him last night asking him to calm down a bit and stop reacting to every single post biting like fuck, it was a genuine effort to get him to reign things in a bit before he ended up getting banned. He chose to ignore the message then quote me on an unrelated post and calling me names and accusing me of pretending to be admin:lol:

Boy is going to have some sore head today.

30 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Give Lundstram some time but meantime he should be benched till he is up to speed.

Surely in order to get up to speed, he needs games? Right now he looks unfit and he’s not the only one. 

Give him the odd 20 minutes when we are well ahead to see if he is any good and can hack the SPL. He has to earn his place. He can work on his fitness at Auchenhowie.

I don’t remember Zungu going straight into the first team and 

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

Midfield for me lacks a bit of drive, pace, urgency. It’s too slow at times. We need a midfielder that can keep the ball moving, always looking for a forward pass, plays with his head up. Links attacks. The trio yesterday was too flat, the balance wasn’t right and the ball was moved at a pace that allowed Dundee Utd to get back into position. There were no angles, no one willing to up the tempo, no one willing to take a chance. Hagi is great at moving the ball, picking out those passes but he’s not a CM. 

Too early to be writing him off, don’t think we would have seen much of him if it wasn’t for injuries and suspensions.

We are a well drilled unit, everyone knows their role and where to be. Any new player will take time to adapt. Especially in the middle of a bad run of results.